It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BART holdup victim grabs knife, kills robber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I feel sorry for the dad, sure, but heck, I feel worse for the victim.
Even though he won... he's still got to be feeling pretty crappy, y'know?

[edit on 21-2-2009 by RuneSpider]

The article said that the guy was pretty uspet by it. He will have to live with it the rest of his life.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
All I can think is "that's what you get."

When you chose to join a gang lifestyle, expect your life to end with a blade in the gut or a bullet in the head... that's the life (or end of life) that you're getting into.
Violence breeds violence, only join a gang if you have no issues with winding up dead shortly after in some gutter.

I have no pity for people like that.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The way to heal the world is accountability.
If you live your life threatening lives, you have to expect to die that way.
The Dad has a right to be angry, but it is misplaced. Be angry with your child for making the choices. Be angry at the accomplice for putting him there. Be angry with yourself for not seeing your son's decline and helping him get straight. Do not get angry at the intended victim. He has been forced to live with a trauma that he would not wish on another. He has been through enough, do not try to rob him again of his money. The Dad wants to finish what his son started.

Perhaps Dad should sue the gang. Can you sue a gang? I mean everyone knows who the members are and if there is proof that sonny boy was a member, should they not be liable? I bet he has a tag or two to be used as evidence.

I hope that he was misquoted and this story is misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
The Dad wants to finish what his son started.

Perhaps Dad should sue the gang.

Good points here. I have a hard time believing that the dad would get any money from the victim of the botched robbery. Just to be clear, by "victim" I mean the one who stabbed the peon thug who was trying to rob him. I just hope that the pinhead father doesn't try to get the mexican kkk legal front, also known as the national council of la raza's lawyers on his side.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

This is a good sign...

Veliz, who is affiliated with a gang, was arrested at Gonzalez's home after police allegedly found him with the East Coast visitor's cell phone. He will be charged with murder in the death of his accomplice, along with a robbery count, prosecutors said.

No ability to sue for excessive force... open and shut case!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join