It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbollah Issues Israel Rocket Attack Denial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Hizbollah Issues Israel Rocket Attack Denial

news.sk y.com

Exchanges Of Fire On Israel-Lebanon Border

10:53am UK, Saturday February 21, 2009
Israel has shelled southern Lebanon in response to rocket attacks which injured three people.

One woman was lightly wounded by flying glass in her home when the rocket fired from Lebanon landed near the Israeli town of Maalot.

The three injured people have been taken to hospital, the Magen David Adom ambulance service said.

Israel responded by firing at least seven artillery shells into southern Lebanon, a Lebanese army spokesman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on 2/21/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It goes on to say that people of El-Qlayleh, about six miles inside the Lebanese border, are fleeing the area, where loud explosions have been reported.

I just hope this is not the start of a new war out there. Hezbollah, the Lebanese group were reported to say they did not need to issue a denial "because when they do something they usually claim responsibility".

news.sk y.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/21/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
And it starts...
post.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Is this a test for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ? I know he has 6 weeks to form a government but does that mean he's in power now?
Will be intresting to see what develops if he is in power.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

No, I don't think Netanyahu is in power quite yet because he hasn't formed the coalition to actually vote for him. So, in effect, Israel has no PM at the moment, but there's virtually no chance that he won't make it.

This could be a test though to see if he'll be tough just like he promised he would be.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Exchanges Of Fire On Israel-Lebanon Border.

Is there ever NOT people shooting at each other there?
They should print something new in the news.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Exchanges Of Fire On Israel-Lebanon Border.

Is there ever NOT people shooting at each other there?
They should print something new in the news.

Yes they are, but with what's happened in Gaza and a new Israel government about to go in, its interesting to see what the next step is, don't you think?
I for one want to know what's happening over there, far to many times it's not reported.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Gaza was practice, the real attack is going to be in the Lebanon and the casus belli are these mysterious rocket attacks being pinned on Hisbullah. Another Israeli false flag?

If Hisbullah conducted those rocket attacks they would not hesitate in stating they did it and why. In fact Hisbullah has promised Israel an answer for the assassination of one of their commanders while he was in Syria. They have not done anything yet and it is unlikely to be indiscriminate rocket attacks they deny doing.

[edit on 092828p://am2848 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Good post masonwatcher, I think you have hit the nail on the head there, If Hisbullah had done it they would be the first to say,
I have seen no reports (of yet) about who the IDF are claiming did this.Time will tell who they blame.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

Netanyahu is also a crazy war-monger so God only knows what that man will do once he finally forms his coalition...

for Netanyahu.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well all seems quiet after this little attack. Doesnt look like its going to escalate into anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Israel have also shot rockets at themselves before to stir up trouble just before a UN conference (link on ats)

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There was also the strange case of the rockets, found by a Lebanese military patrol, set up and ready to fire with timers set for launch. The rockets were set to fire after Israel began it's assault on Gaza.
On that occasion too, Hizbollah denied any involvement and were backed by the Lebanese government who investigated the incident.

All very strange that rockets on timers were set to fire AFTER the Israeli assault began. That showed prior knowledge of the Israeli assault and may well have been a false-flag op as well.

I still think Israel is determined to find a reason to get back into Lebanon.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well theres a ton of sharia law fanbois here.....

Maybe this is just a new tactic of doing something and not claiming it. Seems to have tricked alot of you.... lol

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Well theres a ton of sharia law fanbois here.....

Maybe this is just a new tactic of doing something and not claiming it. Seems to have tricked alot of you.... lol

It has absolutely nothing to do with supporting Sharia law. If you can't post anything that supports your contrary position to this being a possible false flag event, then go find some proof that Hizbollah are behind it instead of attacking the posters. That level of response shows a complete lack of maturity.

Off the soapbox now.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Using logic..... all news sources are tainted. Nothing can be trusted in todays information world. All that we can do is theorize about what "might" be going on over there. I see the minds of both as equaly ignorant, but what good does it do saying that?

No one should be killing people AT ALL. If i had the power to i would remove all of them from their lands in the middle east and manifest them food and shelter on an island somewhere in the ocean for a month... we would have a long time to talk... the real fun would come in their dreams. You know you want to... just say my name 3 times

new topics

top topics

join