It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirits and Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Been recently watching Chronicles of Riddock, the ghost-like race made me think:

If the spirit world truly does exist, it would have to be universal, literally, and not restricted to Earth. Those who participate in Astral projection, not all users, claim to travel to a place called Vamfim - or Mars - and a Bulgarian prophet (Baba Vanga) claimed a spirit race lived on Mars.

Due to it being a "spirit" civilisation, we were unable to view them because of our human bodies.

This notion, or idea, made me contemplate a possible theory: What if the next evolutionary process was for us to leave our bodies and enter a higher dimension? What if non-Earth civilisations were indeed spirit or "light beings" - the language some individuals use.

Maybe Mars is physically dead, but spiritual alive - if a civilisation did indeed exist. If ghosts exist on Earth, therefore, they'll exist on other planets.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That's an interesting theory.

so maybe there is life on mars, it's just not alive

so would this be the equivalent of heaven or hell?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
now we know how was cleanig the solar panels on the rovers then dont we.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here is the link about Vamfim, warning: it is quite difficult to comprehend and analysis.

My spiritual guide, Zen, led me to Vamfim. That time and space is inhabited by entities who are more evolved then us, intellectually and spiritually. However, they are somewhat less beautiful then us in their physical appearance. But they are friendly and eager to establish contacts with earthlings and not merely. To reach that they make some efforts to contact those persons they want to get in touch… So why is that?

journeys to Vamfim

The theory is interesting, what if the spirit world is universal and vibrant on other worlds? The concept of heaven and hell would be difficult to understand and even comprehend in this scenario.

As I said, this notion of mine was based on the "Elementals" from The Chronicles of Riddick;

The Elementals are a fictional race from the film The Chronicles of Riddick. The one that is seen in the film (Aereon) is humanoid and is seemingly composed of nothing more than dense air.

The Chronicles of Riddick (Elementals)

If the spirit world exists, could these entities be an pseudo-race or a process in the evolution of mankind?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thats why NASA called it the "spirit " exploration rover.

Duh!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I believe this to be true also! I read somewhere but cant remember where exactly that there was a civilization on Mars that advanced to far that they wiped themselves out with there advanced technology, and you are right that if spirits/ghosts/poltergeists or whatever you wish to call them exist on Earth then they must exist elsewhere in the Universe.

I also read that the greys have some bases underground on Mars, and these Greys regard killing living entities as the same as us popping a balloon as they believe the soul lives on and bodies are just the vehicles or vessels for our souls.
So the greys could be working with the souls of mars?

Again this could be true, or it could just be fiction, who knows?

[edit on 20-2-2009 by justjoemusic]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The logic has to be the same: if life exists then spirits exist.

John Lear, who I never personally believed, mentioned a subject about soul catchers and Greys studying the human soul.

I don't believe the theory regarding a soul catcher on the Moon, but spirits existing throughout the universe is plausible- if they indeed exist on Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Indeed an intresting theory.

But, first, let's keep it simple eh?

Let's prove the existence of Ghosts/spirits/ect here on Earth first.

Shall we?

But say we prove the existence of Ghost, ect.

What does this mean for religion?

Religion says, when you die, you either go to heaven or hell.

Does religion say anything about spirits left on earth to roam?

It's kinda funny, I just finished watching Mission to Mars

Also, Star and Flag fer ya!

[edit on 2/20/2009 by Shakezoola]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
yet with billions of people who have died over the years,yed, think ye,d see a sh*t load more of these so called spirts not just on mars but here as well, would,nt you?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by convo killer

Point taken, consider this.

Maybe, after death, they emerge from their human bodies as, spirits.
And are guided to another dimension or what have you.
Then, maybe some folks, get lost, or decide to stay here, being so attached to their human lives, they can't stand the idea of moving on.

Pretty out there but, hey, every "life after death" scenario is.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If you have ever watched the Star Gate series, (yes I know i am talking Sci-Fi
), but anyway the ancients in this show had Ascented ito spirit like beings. same idea I think.

[edit on 2/20/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
If you have ever watched the Star Gate series, (yes I know i am talking Sci-Fi
), but anyway the ancients in this show had Ascented ito spirit like beings. same idea I think.

Indeed.

It would explain how UFO's are believed to travel vast distances and, possibly, through time.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
but why would spirts make ufos, theycould just fly themselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakezoola

You my friend are not familiar with the Bible. It is chock full of cases of "ghosts" and "spirits". A couple good ones off the top of my head are when Saul consulted a medium to speak to the dead spirit of the prophet Samuel. Also in the NT on the mount of transfiguration Jesus was seen talking to Moses and Elijah - who had not walked on the earth for many hundreds of years.

I really don't see how you can conclude ghosts or spirits don't fit in with spirituality. If anything they reinforce it as it would prove we don't just resume back to dust in the earth.

As for Mars there are theories I have been very interested in that say Mars was the home to the angels before 1/3 of them fell from Heaven.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Your absolutely right, I haven't even held a bible before.

But thanks for your reply.

"I really don't see how you can conclude ghosts or spirits don't fit in with spirituality" -jjkenobi

I don't, I just haven't the knowledge of the bible.

"but why would spirts make ufos, theycould just fly themselves"- Convo killer

If a civilization of spirits existed, they surely wouldn't use Space crafts, if they did, we wouldn't be able to see them anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

That time and space is inhabited by entities who are more evolved then us, intellectually and spiritually. However, they are somewhat less beautiful then us in their physical appearance.

journeys to Vamfim

Someone has a high opinion of themselves.

Less beautiful than us?
A completely subjective and irrelevant issue.

Humanity does not hold the title for the universal/mutli-dimensional standard of beauty.

On topic though, I said a month or so ago that this was not only true but something I have seen too. I posted about it and explained how there was both life and no life on Mars and that I had been there. Although I am not sure how this person came to his conclusions regarding the superficial, since the entire experience is nothing like our perception of our surroundings at all.

It's like...thought and conception...rather than literal.

Some things you perceive as being there and you perceive movement but in actuality you aren't moving in the normal sense of the word. Since everything seems somewhat conceptual it's difficult to gage distance. Also the "spirits" I saw could take whatever form they chose. None of them were glamorous but why should they be?

It's difficult to explain and even harder to get used to.

I was told a few things, given lessons then...that was it. I was gone.
I have been there more times than I know...I am certain of that.

I just can't tell if those "spirits" are prisoners or just inhabitants.
It seems as if it could be either one and I don't believe I want to join them.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Fascinating lee anoma,

Your post is extremely stimulating, is it possible you could explain further about your experience please?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would suggest trying to get a copy of the martian chronicles - movie by ray bradbury, a 3 part mini series for tv.

brief storyline...

Earth sends its first manned probe to Mars in 1999, and a jealous Martian murders the two astronauts when his wife has erotic dreams of meeting them. Members of a subsequent expedition are hypnotized into believing that they have landed in the childhood community of their leader and have been reunited with deceased family and friends, and they are poisoned by the Martians. Col. John Wilder leads a third expedition and learns that a chicken pox virus brought to Mars by the first two expeditions has almost eradicated the Martian population. A member of Wilder's team becomes obsessed with protecting Mars from Earthman and murders some of the others in Wilder's party, before Wilder kills him. Colonists arrive on Mars to settle, among them priests seeking God, and a lone Martian masquerades as the most desired persons of various settlers. Global war on Earth reduces man's natal planet to radioactive waste, and most of the settlers returned there prior to the holocaust. Wilder struggles to assemble the remaining humans on Mars, who cope with their loneliness in different ways and will not leave their piece of Mars, before Wilder meets a Martian of past or future who tells him the secret of simple Martian life and convinces him to abandon the Earth lifestyle.

Its good, you should check it out.

btjunkie.org...

Its available on torrent sites as an xvid

[edit on 21/2/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thank you for that

I recall regarding a post/article by John Lear - something about Greys being interested in the Human body. He went on to suggest, the Greys were a cross between spirit and body.

(I am sceptical of his claims and theories)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Personally i believe when we die, we just go into another energy field around the earth. I think this is logical, because we are the earth and the earth is us, if you know what i mean. I think things are far more complicated than we think they are.

When nasa went into space first they saw these little things, and they thought they where possibly looking at little creatures or something. Now they say they are nothing, but who knows why they first thought that?

So op you may be right, as I think we do evolve into other forms, and i would think being in a body would be a very restrictive thing to be.

Who knows why we are here having this experience, when most of our lifes are horrible. This is also why i think that this may be a prisonplanet or hell, if you like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join