It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cashless Society with Implanted Microchip - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What do you make of this? Any time soon, possibly before the date quoted?

Yes please! Just place my biometric data on a central database, tuck the little chip under my skin, and life will be so much easier. No cash machines, no cards - no wallet for that matter. Sounds marvellous.

I trust the people at the banks to keep my data safe. I trust the government not to misuse the technology to undertake any unjustifiable surveillance of the population.

Bring it on...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ironic that his last words were Brave New World...

Honestly, I don't know where I stand with this. On the one hand, it would provide easier identification of terrorists (presuming people labeled "terrorist" are that indeed), but on the other hand it allows for the potentiality of complete and total loss of privacy.

With the current state of affairs of the world, I will adamantly refuse this. I trust politicians about as much as I trust that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is master of the Universe. But, if ever our leaders became trustworthy, I see how this could be a positive use of technology. We're just not there yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just like in the movie Minority Report!!!!

I Can't WAIT!!! That was my favorite movie!!!

All those movies I watched about Zombie invasions are starting to become my reality. I just hope they don't get violent.

Face the facts ATSers... We walk amongst the sleeping dead.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Think about this:

How many real terrorists are there?

How many ordinary decent citizens' personal privacy and freedoms would be under threat?

I'd say the whole 'convenience' argument is nothing but a trojan horse.

How highly do we value privacy and freedom? If we're willing to swap them to save having to carry a wallet, we might as well just ask the PTB to clamp chains on us right now.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Reply to pause4thought (reply button's not working):

That's a good point. The threat of terrorism is miniscule in comparison with the threat from our leaders right now.

I was simply toying with the idea that if one day this country, or this world, turns around and corruption, greed, etc. is no longer present, I'd probably go along with it. I suppose that's just wishful Romantic ideology though. Too bad.

S&F For the find! Hopefully more people will watch this video and get to see the particular tactics used to get us to go along with this crap.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No thanks, I would rather have my wallet stolen than my hands or eyes.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Why not just make it a ring....

Theres no way the sensor KNOWS if its under your skin..... theres no reason for it to be UNDER your skin.

All this implantation stuff must be a false flag..... doesnt make any sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Very good post! I am starring this and giving it a flag. After all this is being reported by mainsteam media. So it is not fictional in any way.

Question is...convenience? When people are ready for this? When the public wants it? Well if that is the case, then those who decide no will just get to use thier credit card/atm card right?

[edit on 19-2-2009 by burntheships]

new topics

top topics

join