It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sinked Chinese ship 2/18/09 headed for U.S., possible nuke onboard ?- video of sinking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have navy contacts that are in 7th fleet. they havn't heard anything about it and thats their part of the water. He says is the russians sank this ship it's been kept quiet.

Normal procedure for a supposed smuggling ship is to board them, not sink them. I have a feeling that this was for somehting else. Whatever it is, according to my guy, the US Navy is not involved yet. Allthough the Reagan and the rest of 7th fleet is always standing by.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
OK...so, what we have here is an actual story about a ship being sunk.

What we don't have is a shred of evidence, whatsoever, apart from the musings of the hoax queen Sorcha Faael, as to why it was actually sunk.

So lets bide some time and be careful on jumping on the bandwagon here shall we?

Well Sorcha Faael must be a great Hoaxer
it's on the China.org.cn. site
and bbc

Perhaps it is true, it it appears to be over spoiled rice.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
What i can't get is why the Russians were blaming the ship for the bad rice.

That is like blaming a truck driver for a load of bad product he was contracted to deliver. then seizing his truck.

The ships owner or captain were unlikely to know that the rice was bad.
they were just contracted to transport the cargo.

I believe that some corrupt port authority or other persons had the ship arrested because they did not get there payoff.

This was just the same thing the Somali pirates do just by a corrupt government agency in Russia.

If we arrested every ship from china with toys with lead paint or other dangerous product our port would be packed with ships from china.

www.shirleylaw.com...
www.tillekeandgibbins.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
What i can't get is why the Russians were blaming the ship for the bad rice.

That is like blaming a truck driver for a load of bad product he was contracted to deliver. then seizing his truck.

The ships owner or captain were unlikely to know that the rice was bad.
they were just contracted to transport the cargo.

I believe that some corrupt port authority or other persons had the ship arrested because they did not get there payoff.

This was just the same thing the Somali pirates do just by a corrupt government agency in Russia.

If we arrested every ship from china with toys with lead paint or other dangerous product our port would be packed with ships from china.

www.shirleylaw.com...
www.tillekeandgibbins.com...

Ok well my understanding is that the dispute occurred and the russian company filed some legal procedure and thus the ship was legally bound by court order to stay in the port until they can resolve this issue. To my UNDERSTANDING, the ship had to legally stay at port but the captain of the ship made a fatal decision/error and fled instead. Keep in mind he fled into a gale at high seas and caused the russian coast guard to chase him into this deadly gale so they were probably pissed off at that to begin with.

If a cop pulls you over whether you're the director or the truck driver/deliveryman, and he tells you to stay put while he runs a check and you RUN away, don't you think you're going to get chased? Well, the ship illegally RAN And got chased and ignored repeated calls to return to port. What were the russians supposed to do? If you watch the video you can hear the russians saying in ENGLISH to the ship for it to turn off its engine or return to port etc and the ship disobeyed them and continued along so they had no choice but to blow it out of the water. Good for them.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't believe that this ship was laden as it was high in the water. Note the waterline in the early part of the video.
The nuke claim was likely PR to cover the fact that the ship may have been sunk accidentally. It unloaded and then, before it could be held for breach of contract, left without permission. It had no chance of escaping and was hoping that the Russians wouldn't care enough to chase it. That was a mistake, as was not stopping when ordered to by warships. The captain of the New Star is responsible for it being sunk.
Note that English is the international language on the emergency frequency that all ships must monitor. Flag hoists or flashing light could also have been used to communicate but the real international language that everyone understands was the flare shot across the vessel forward of the bridge.
I don't think that the Russians were necessarily trying to sink it because that would be a lost asset for the importer of the bad rice. Shooting 500 rounds implies a lot of small arms or light cannon fire to attract attention. They may have tried to lay a bigger round across the bow and holed it forward [oops!], judging from the stern up aspect later in the video. As soon as the screws were out of the water, it was done.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

the first vid posted shows a warning shot being fired . theres no way a ship of that size and desighn would have a problem sailing in a force 6.
i doubt very much if a life raft fitted with survival equipment and e pirbs would be lost at sea with two ships in the immediate area . it certainly wouldnt of been lost to the sea in a force 6.
the empty survival suit shows that the ship was carrying the appropriate safety equipment but that doesnt mean that the crew training in its use was up to scratch. if the nuke story is true then it shows that east and west relations have certainly grown stronger since the us sunk the kursk 9 years ago

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
You can't set off a nuke by shooting it with a gun. Even third graders know that buddy.

I really doubt third graders know that, but it's true.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You all really need to take a lesson. the majority of the thread links are either bogus or just don't exist. If your going to sight a link, Capture it first send it to the cloud under a new name and secure it so that it can not be deleted, And post it all over the web first, that way your evidence is not easily destroyed.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
New Star incident

The New Star incident was an event that occurred near the eastern port city of Vladivostok, when a Russian warship fired on a Chinese cargo vessel called the New Star.[1] The cargo ship was sunk on February 15, 2009, with Russia and China presenting different stories regarding the incident.

Russian media claims

According to the RIA Novosti there were indications that the ship violated the Russian border, while other reports said that the ship had been held earlier for suspected smuggling by Russian authorities and had set sail without permission.[1] Other sources have said the ship had earlier fled the Russian port of Nakhodka where it had been impounded for alleged smuggling.[4]

The agency reported that the ship had earlier been chased by two Russian coast guard vessels, but refused to stop despite being fired upon.[1]

Chinese J-Rui(吉瑞祥) claims

According to a written statement by the Hong Kong based J-Rui Lucky Shipping company(吉瑞祥):

The New Star had never been involved in smuggling. The story the Russia authorities fed to the press is a cover-up that turns black into white. Their account does not mention the fact that their warship fired on our cargo ship. What they are portraying as a rescue was in fact an act of murder."[5]

According to J-Rui the New Star delivered 4,978 tons of rice from Thailand to the Russian port of Nakhodka on January 29, 2009. But the Russian buyer refused to accept the rice because of quality concerns, suspended the unloading, and asked for damages of US$330,000.[5] The New Star was detained at the port for several days, but on February 11 the unloading process restarted and was completed later the same day. The Russian agent did not cooperate in helping the New Star complete departure procedures. After a number of unsuccessful attempts to obtain customs clearance, the Tongyu Shipping Company instructed the captain to set sail on the evening of February 12.[5]

On February 13 according to the J-Rui account, the Russian authorities sent coastal guard vessels to pursue the New Star, on the grounds that it had not received permission to leave port. A survivor account describes how a Russian warship fired on the cargo ship for several hours using artillery and heavy machine guns, severely damaging its hull.[5] The Russian patrol then ordered the New Star back to Nakhodka despite the damages. At 3:06 AM on February 15, 2009 the ship sank.[5]

Result

The warship fired 500 rounds at the cargo vessel, sinking it in Russian waters near the eastern port city of Vladivostok.[1] The RIA Novosti said crew members attempted to escape in two life-rafts after their ship was sinking. Only half of them were rescued by a Russian vessel.[1] According to Xinhua News Agency, 7 sailors were still missing and only 3 were rescued.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
en.wikinews.org...

And I believe that the idea it was carrying a Nuke was posted by this site.
www.fourwinds10.com...

Were they trying to Nuke Seattle or not is totally up in the air.
edit on 6-7-2017 by PhantomOpera because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhantomOpera
You all really need to take a lesson. the majority of the thread links are either bogus or just don't exist.

Could be because the thread is over 8 years old?

thanks for up to date information though, sounds like a strange event all round with both sides jostling to give their own truth

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

That's my point if they would have secured the link them-self then it would not disappear. News sites purge there servers every couple of years. Web sites disappear and the links become useless.

What is uploaded to the cloud is forever in the cloud.......

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOpera

They said that about the internet also, sometimes websites can be reanimated using wayback machine

I had not heard of your method before, might be worth a thread explaining the finer details

Oh and a belated welcome

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join