It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Mum's Ignorant...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yep thats right.

Mah Dad, Mum, Sister and myself were sitting down at the table eating a nice roast for lunch, then somehow the topic got swung to politics, religion and state, and then it somehow got onto how I do hypnosis (i dont have a clue how it did..i cant remember......neways....).

Well my Mum just started fully having a go at me, and that i shouldn't be doing hypnosis, why do i need to do hypnosis, it's not good for you...I told her it's not dangerous and explained what it is, while trying to explain about it she kept cutting in, saying it's no good, it'll mess up my brain, stop doing it, etc...

She even went as far to say that next time she goes to the doctor, she is going to ask hima bout it and see wat he says about it, and she bets he'll say it's no good for me, and it's dangerous to do, not healthy. I told her to go, ask the doctor, and he'll say it's fine, there is nothing wrong with it, and that it's just to get your mind into a deep meditive state, calming it down, and relaxing the mind and body....

I even got her to sit down and listen to what it was....just some guy talking saying i'm going to go into a tranc, and relax, and go into a deep trance, my body is feeling so relaxed, thinking of nothing, just concentrating on his voice, relaxing, going deeper, etc....

And she stills aid it's no good, it's rubbish, i shouldn't be doing it, that i dont need to get into trance, why dont u just meditate? I told her this is meditation. It gets you into a deep meditive state and relaxes the mind.

Nope still no good. She still is going to ask the doctor next time she goes there and ask if it's bad which she is soo sure it is, and still is against me doing hypnosis.

I say to you all....SHE IS IGNORANT! No matter what i said to her she refuses to accept what i was saying and was fully convinced, without any proof as to why it was bad for me. She was making up # to try and change my mind, make me think it was bad for my mind, bad for me.

SHE IS IGNORANT!

How do i compete against this ignorance?

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You tell your mom to stop being so ignorant, and to listen to what you have to say.
If you do more research on it you can point things out to her that she doesn't know...

She obviously has no idea, and cuts in because she wants to be right, which is ignorant.

She needs to get over herself and when she's ready tell her that you'll be ready to come to her facts..

Thats how you compete with ignorance.

join