It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New to the board,old to SETI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Finally Im here.Ive been a member of ATS/SETI for some time now.

I just got an email account that I could use to register (Im on a network at home so I dont have a base email addy)

My user name is shawnhollis.

I was a member with team art bell years ago (99) but at the time I didnt get alot of wu's.(I think at the time I was running a 233 mhz with 32 megs of ram)

well now,I have a amd 2500+ and a gig of pc 2700 ddr ram and Im cranking out a wu about every three hours
( leave seti on full time with pc running 24/7 except for when I play Battlefield Vietnam)

Ive been comming to this board for the past few months on a pretty regular basis just reading others inputs.getting a feel for the board if youi will.

Im really fired up to be a member of ATS and doing my part and just being able to throw my two cents in where ever I can

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Bootyac]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Greetings to you and welcome aboard. I'm a SETI user from waaay back in 1999, too. I had an even older account but forgot the password and lost that email address. Oh, well! Thanks for the team contribution. That new machine should be munching data and boosting your numbers in short order.

Have fun around the boards.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
hi Bootyac. welcome to the team and to ATS. I look forward to hearing your two cents around the board.
Enjoy your stay

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi Bootyac/ Shawn!!

Your reminiscences about your 233Mhz machine rang a bell here: my first machine (now moved on to a relation - who doesn't run S@h!!) - was 233Mhz P3 (though with 128MbRAM) and it took 35 hours to crunch 1 WU!!

Thank you very much for "throwing your lot" in with us: we have around 100 acive users and continue to "advance up the all team boards" fairly well.

I'm sure you'll find your time on ATS very interesting and I, too, look forward to reading your posts as and when!!

Thanx again Bootyac - great to have you "on board"!!

top topics

join