It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed foods and chemicals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
How did processed foods start and allowed to flourish as normal food in the supermarkets?
Ever since i was a small child i used tho think that all the food in the supermarket was normal food. I would eat processed foods like it was a normal part of human life. Because it was to tasty, i was hooked. I literrally thought these foods could replace breakfast, lunch and dinner. I never once thought to research what they put in them as the taste was enough for my ignorance.
I was one of those children who ate junk food like this everyday. Even my parents never saw any harm in them.
When i look back in my childhood i was always shy, quiet, could not talk to people in they eye and was bad at maths. I had trouble in public speaking and was always a shaker infront off the classroom speeches or hiding in the background at drama. I had trouble with memorising and speaking but was ok in the simple things. I would stumble for words to find and would stay away from topics that regarded intellect. I never liked to learn. I was an angry person and did not like to be around people.
When i became sick someone told me about how nature plays a role in the functioning of our body and that we should only eat what nature provides. I read a few books, researched online and then just started eating lots of fruit in the morning, vegetables salads in large bowls, soaked nuts and seeds and at dinner would have my normal meal salad and some type of meat source.
I became better, started functioning better, educated myself. My foggy brain went, my eyesight improved, i healed various illness and at 29 people think im 18, Im able to bend my body and run long distances things i could never do before.
This is when i started questioning the conspiracy of what they make us eat and why we act the way we do.

So i would like to know how did processed foods companies be allowed to flourish and put chemicals in the food and we think its normal because its tasty? Everytime i look at a supermarket now it reminds me of how fake it is.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I ate little to no processed foods. Home made bread, fresh eggs, homegrown veggies and fruits, etc. I always wanted to try the stuff advertised on tv, because well, they cater to kids.

Ate my first Kraft Mac and cheese as an adult, and hated it. Ate my first canned Chef boy ardee ravioli and hated it. I did try quite a few, but hated them all.

My husband grew up on boxed food, but I've raised my kids just like I was raised. I'm not saying they don't have the occasional junk, but they are not stocked in my house.

We are all very healthy, thanks to good genes and avoiding junk food.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
virraszto

Keep it up. I envy those who grew up healthy. Everyday i keep wishing i could have changed my childhood. We had fruit trees in our backyards but i would only eat them as a treat and we were taught at school you are not allowed to eat more then 3 fruits well now i know thats bull. I always loved fruit. I eat double for all those times i missed eating it.

Im glad both sides of my grandparents grew up on a farm.

Im still detoxing to this day. Everythign in the supermarket tastes plastic, fake and gross to me now even takeout.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Everyones awakening up to the truth of nature foods as being natural to us. People around me i dont even know tell me they dont junk food in the house.
I think Monsanto knew about this conciousness happening and now they are trying to stop it, to keep people's conciousness low.

top topics

join