It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the Image(s) Griffin
I´m happy to see life will go on as usual !!!

Nice hobby you have there, to say at least, pretty useful also

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

Salutations, my friend, on your openness to rational argument.

You are a point of light in the fog of obscurantist hysteria and rational despair that has gathered so thick about this thread.

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Feb 23 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Can anybody explain this video? It's not birds or balloons.
www.youtube.com...

And is there any consensus on the Hale Bopp companion?
Here's a good article on it with a great photo at the bottom.
Can anybody explain this video? It's not birds or balloons.
www.youtube.com...

www.cropcircleresearch.com...

Cool video
www.youtube.com...

Mod Note: Please stay on Topic – Review This Link.
(fixed link)

Cool video
www.youtube.com...

[edit on Mon Feb 23 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sargoth
74.125.95.132...:2xgAC8U6VNAJ:www.cropcircleresearch.com/articles/e012-halebopp.html+was+there+a+hale+bopp+companion%3F+as+of+2009& hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=20&gl=us

Link seems broken. Again, if hale bopp had a companion, why does it only appear in selective photos which either show a tight crop with no background stars for comparison, a wider image where all the stars are frozen, or it's an excessively bright streak in line with other streaking stars? If there were a companion, where is it in this excellent up-close image?

No bright stars nearby = nothing to blame for being unusual. The images in your article show signs of either a diffraction spike or a rotated blooming streak. More tellingly, they do not appear consistently in hale bopp images and there is absolutely no evidence that they were moving at the same rate as the comet. It's not hard to do a time lapse and show the movement, where is the time lapse showing the movement of this "object" alongside hale-bopp?

[edit on 23-2-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I said it before, I was told that the ship Nibiru would cloak and uncloak. Why, who knows. I can't scientifically explain the photos, that's why I'm asking all of you to examine all of them and give your opinions.
I haven't heard one word on the video with the fleet of ufos. I guess that means you're all baffled.

Here's the article again.
www.cropcircleresearch.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't speak on umm...ufo fleets. I'll leave that to the experts

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We're starting to drift a little.

Let's not stray too far off the path, please.

Someone Please Explain To Me - The Theory that Jupiter Ignited - while behind the Sun right now

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Jupiter igniting? We dodged that bullet. In the new world order plan called "Lucifer Project". Galleleo would be plunged in to Jupter with 48 lbs. of plutonium. That failed.
In part II Cassini was sent to saturn with 72 lbs. of plutonium, and was set to take the plunge in july 2008. At that time they decided it would kill them too, and the NMO discovered they could get the same "occult" effect by blowing up a satilite instead. Apparently they will use some other means to reduce planet population.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I accidentally deleted this thread so I'm posting to add it back to my list. I enjoy this one alot and I don't want to miss any of the fun

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I hope we're still going to get some clear images of Jupiter. Griffernl, what would you rate those images you took? 1-10 with 10 being the best. And how much better do you think you can get? Will you be able to see the spots etc. if the weather is perfect?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Sargoth with my 130mm scope I'd have to rate that one a 9. That's about pushing it as far as it will go. Some folks misunderstand about high mag...it's not necessarily what you look for in a good scope. That pic was made with my modified web cam which is effectively a 4mm eyepiece. The higher the mag the lower my field of view. This scope has a focal length of 2,000mm so I think that's gonna be the best I can get with it.

You'll have to petition NGC if you need better images. His gear is a tad bit more higher end than mine.

But if you like feel free to donate to my new scope fund and I'll get ya all the pics you need

[edit on 26-2-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

I need to start charing ATS members for coffee to get early morning images out of me lol. I'll try to get it tomorrow morning, if I can get home at a reasonable hour tonight.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Did you get anymore comet lulin photos?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi all !

checking back here because I wanted to share with you that the impact on our magnetosphere (and maybe the sun) on jan.22 and until now was and is NOT jupiter-ignition related.
(i think it was mentioned in this thread as an argument for the ignition, maybe from myself)

Gamma-ray fireworks now erupting from rare stellar object

University Park, Pa. -- Astronomers using NASA's Swift satellite and the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope are seeing frequent blasts from an object that is 30,000 light-years from Earth. The high-energy fireworks are X-ray and gamma-ray flares coming from a rapidly-spinning and super-magnetic remnant of an exploded star -- an unusual type of stellar cinder called a soft-gamma-ray repeater.

"We have observed periods when this remarkable object has erupted with dozens -- even more than a hundred -- flares in as little as 20 minutes," says Loredana Vetere, a postdoctoral scholar at Penn State who is coordinating the Swift observations. "The most intense flares emitted more total energy in less than half a second than our Sun does in 20 years."

High-resolution images and an animation are on the Web at [link to www.science.psu.edu]

The source began a series of modest eruptions on Oct. 3, 2008, but appeared to settle down. Then, on Jan. 22, 2009, it roared back to life with a more intense round of flares.

"As a result of its recent activity, this object has been classified as a soft-gamma-ray repeater. It it is only the sixth soft-gamma-ray repeater discovered so far," Vetere said. The object is continuing to erupt and the scientists are continuing to observe it.

from

gammaray.nsstc.nasa.gov...

www.sciencenews.org...

have a nice watch/read.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by el_bloom]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by el_bloom

I have my doubts that the pulsar flareup in January is the cause of the shock in the magnetosphere or the other effects claimed in the video. There is no evidence that it had anything to do with Sudden Stratospheric Warming. There have other been other bright flares since then which don't seem to have produced similar effects, February 21 for example. And the flare is continuing to be active.

There was a more powerful X-Ray flare in 2004 (from a different source) which did have an effect on the ionosphere but:

Gehrels said in an email interview that the effect was similar to a solar-induced disruption but that the effect was "much smaller than a big solar flare."

www.space.com...

Though powerful, the sources of these events are too distant (10's of thousands of light years) to have major effects. If they were much closer though, we would indeed be in big trouble.

[edit on 2/27/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The sun's been hella quiet for a long time now though except for a poot now and then. I wonder if it's gonna get jiggy here in the near future? I'll bet we'll have quite a few SOHO vids to watch then watcha bet?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join