It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one Wing Airplane Crash Landing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaa2500

I only started this thread to see people's thoughts on the video and may be I have missed your point but when you say "validate your supposed flying hours" it seems as if you don't Believe him? I have no reson not to Believe him, or am I missing something?

You are missing something. Physics.

The second half of the video is CGI. You can see it on the physics and poor lighting when it is on the ground.

Physics is part of the training for a pilots license, and anyone who thinks that a straight rudder can hold up an entire aircraft at slightly above stall speed, doesn't know anything about physics.

Its a testament to the skill of the pilot and the rugged F-15 airframe.

The F-15 derives as much as 30 percent of it's lift from the airframe, which makes a wingless landing possible, but an aerobatic aircraft is built to be unbiased, ie symetrical wings, a lift neutral airframe etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was that it sounds completely fake.
The camera work is fake.
There is a darken Vignette effect, which is fake.
The comments by spectators are fake.
The way the plane flies is completely fake.
The way the plane lands is completely fake. It bounced.
It lands at about 5km/h. Fake.
It stops in about 1 metre. Fake.
It goes out of focus right at the moment of landing.
The comments by spectators are once again fake.
The plane is obvious computer generated.
The way the plane taxis is fake.
The prop stops in like 1 second. Fake.
The guy running towards the plane at the end is obvious super imposed onto a fake image. Fake.
it is a viral marketting campaign, fake.
The supposed pilot in a further video is not an actual red bull pilot, fake.

Hahahaha. Maybe I should get Microsoft Flight Simulator 10, and make my own fake videos.

www.hoax-slayer.com...

www.killathrill.de...

2.bp.blogspot.com...

www.snopes.com...

www.jamesandersson.com...

www.reggiepaulk.com...

I'm recalling a tv documentary here, but I'm sure wheedwhacker, aviation expert extraordinaire[/frenchaccent] will come up with some substantive links so as to underline his vast experience.

I can NOT believe our contrail expert "weedwhacker" did not
see immediately that the moves of the plane's landing where those
of a **radio-controled** plane's ! ! !

It was complete CG, it was not even an RC plane.

This is about the CG video, stop grinding your Axe with someone you clearly have a problem with. It's rather annoying and immature.

[edit on 14/2/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaa2500

I only started this thread to see people's thoughts on the video and may be I have missed your point but when you say "validate your supposed flying hours" it seems as if you don't Believe him? I have no reson not to Believe him, or am I missing something?

You are missing something. Physics.

The second half of the video is CGI. You can see it on the physics and poor lighting when it is on the ground.

Physics is part of the training for a pilots license, and anyone who thinks that a straight rudder can hold up an entire aircraft at slightly above stall speed, doesn't know anything about physics.

Its a testament to the skill of the pilot and the rugged F-15 airframe.

The F-15 derives as much as 30 percent of it's lift from the airframe, which makes a wingless landing possible, but an aerobatic aircraft is built to be unbiased, ie symetrical wings, a lift neutral airframe etc.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by aaa2500]

If you go back and read my OP, I said I thought it was a fake, and if you read my reply too you will see it was about a members comments to someone else.
I just wanted people's thoughts on a video and maybe a good debate not a war.

[edit on 15/2/09 by freemindmine]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This Video seems to have the flying characteristics of a model.

There are other videos on the net where they have landed the aerobatic models one winged, I'll try to find some
but for those unfamiliar with RC plane's watch this video fully and you'll understand,

P.S this guy has briliant co-ordination

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
IMO the video of the plane flying is real (albeit of a RC plane)

It has the flying characterisic of a RC plane there are a few videos on youtube with RC plance landing one winged.

For those unfamilair with the high maneuverability of aerobatic rc planes watch this video fully, This lad has extreme co-ordination

www.youtube.com...

Here is a few vids of rc planes landing one winged
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

There is a few others on there but these will do

[edit on 16-2-2009 by Trigger82]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
The first thing that came to my mind was that it sounds completely fake.
The camera work is fake.
There is a darken Vignette effect, which is fake.
The comments by spectators are fake.
The way the plane flies is completely fake.
The way the plane lands is completely fake. It bounced.
It lands at about 5km/h. Fake.
It stops in about 1 metre. Fake.
It goes out of focus right at the moment of landing.
The comments by spectators are once again fake.
The plane is obvious computer generated.
The way the plane taxis is fake.
The prop stops in like 1 second. Fake.
The guy running towards the plane at the end is obvious super imposed onto a fake image. Fake.
it is a viral marketting campaign, fake.
The supposed pilot in a further video is not an actual red bull pilot, fake.

It was complete CG, it was not even an RC plane.

This is about the CG video, stop grinding your Axe with someone you clearly have a problem with. It's rather annoying and immature.

That. Except that this is really old, I don't get why this would be posted again.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hello big guy!
Nice post and your mum is right !
Do not listen to those conspiracy theorists any more...
The air has blown their minds away (would be their wings were they planes!)

In any case to show you another example you might enjoy watching this:

Be well and i hope all of this sparks your interest in understanding more about planes and physics !

EDIT:Now were it an rc plane or a real plane doesn't really matter.
An aerobatics plane can do just as much as the rc planes. The weak factor generally is the pilots under all kinds of stresses.

[edit on 16/2/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I was going to post that video awhile ago...figured that the armchair pilots here would already know about those events so I left it alone.

Good to see it posted anyway!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
[edit on 16/2/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The video is fake.

Does everyone now agree?

F-15 has little to do with this.

[edit on 16/2/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ha ha, When I first posted this it was to prove my mother wrong and now I am not sure! I am leading towards fake but the guys that say its real are making me think.
Someone prove its a fake for me so I don't have to go to my mother and say once again "You were right".

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If it is a viral marketing campaign, as many have claimed, WHAT IS IT MARKETING? What am I supposed to purchase after having watched this video?

Whether it is real or fake is another story, but it most definitely is not a "viral marketing video".

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by freemindmine

freemind....tell your Mother she's right!!!

She'll make you a nice dinner....or, better yet, you could take her out to a nice restaurant?

Let Mother have her day....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by freemindmine

20,000 flying hours is ~ 834 days, or over 2.2 years. Its a huge, *huge* amount of hours, to the level where commercial airline pilots would be lucky to get anywhere near.

Captain Chesley B. Sullenberger, the pilot that safely landed in the Hudson is 58 years old and he only has a total of 19663 flight hours, and he is very very experienced.

Thats why this poster got called out.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RichardPrice

Richard, I'm 53 and have about 20,000 hours. 'Sully' has clse to 20,000 (his F/O Jeff has more, and is younger than 'Sully').

See. it depends on when you start...I started at age sixteen, and was not in the military. Military pilots don't get to fly as much as they'd like to... way i built hours, before getting to an airline, was by flight instructing (at age 18, minimum age) and flying for some years at smaller commuter airlines before getting to a 'major' carrier.

Anyway, a pilots' formative years are the most important....pick a number, it doesn't matter...what matters is what you learn along the way, how much you pay attention.

See, for an airline pilot, racking up hours is merely, for the most part, spending a lot of time at cruise altitude, being routine.

teaching helps YOU to learn a lot.....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join