It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight leaders rally 'new' Europe to America's side

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by psypher
Europes GDP's:

Germany: $2.174 trillion
France: $1.51 trillion

Spain: $757 billion
Portugal: $174.1 billion
Hungary: $120.9 billion
Poland: $339.6 billion
Denmark: $149.8 billion

..............................I rest my case.

Italy : $1.27 trillion

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Prof of Applied Physics, and that automatically means you know more than those who have served and lived on the German economy, and know what the dollars into the community means?

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
No it means I can make an educated analysis of world events, and posses the intellectual capacity to do it accurately. Unlike some kid writing BS from daddy's computer about sh!t he has no clue about.

I excluded the UK because they are not in the monetary EU and don't even consider themselves to be a part of Europe. Furthermore, Germany and France have more money than the UK anyway.

And so what, I left out Italy...big deal. Their $1.27 trillion still doesn't come close to Germany's $2.174 Trillion.

you know more than those who have served and lived on the German economy, and know what the dollars into the community means?

If you have lived in any major German city (and I have), you will know that american dollars mean nothing there. Not only that, but american influence is minimal. People simply don't care what?s going on in the US (the same ethnocentric attitude that americans have). Sure, if you are talking about some little hick town in the middle of nowhere that serves as an amercian military installation such as Rammstein AFB their will be an american influence but those little towns are really inconsequential compared to metropolis cities such as Frankfurt, Berlin, Hamburg, etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Maybe the US Bases should move to Berlin - didn't that city just state it's 45 BILLION in debt?

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
By applying physics? Or should it be stated as using applied physics? Anyway, genius, about is a preposition, and as such, do not end the sentence with that word. Sheesh! Where'd you get your degree, the University of Arkansas?

Maybe we should pull all the troops out, as was stated, they don't need or want us there.
I am truly sorry for all the beer and food I bought in the numerous municipalities in which I lived.
Well, that's not true as the beer and food was really great. I just wish I hadn't been so generous with the tips!

Yup, Germany has benefitted in no financial means by the U.S. and in no way owe any debt.

What was that you said, MT69? Did I hear you mutter something about the Marshall Plan?

Forgetaboutit. Let's just leave.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
psypher - Yeah, the Germans would love to have a handful of German cities go to ruin after we pull out our troops and money. I gurantee the Germans will demand some kind of welfare from the US to help the Germans left with no jobs if we leave.

Germany is going through economic problems right now with the former East Germans demanding money for being stuck under communists in the past. Also, East Germans are having a hard time competing with the more skilled West Germans, so that is a drain on their economy.

I have a degree in Economics, so you just stick with Physics...

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by psypher

Germany: $2.174 trillion
France: $1.51 trillion

Huum, and you are thinking that the EU will follow them because they have much more money than the other EU nation ????

Except the Frenchies and the Germans, nobody cares about France and Germany.

If they ( France & Germany ) were so powerfull, I'm wondering why 8 EU nation do not agree with them and are following the USA on the Iraki problem.

[Edited on 1-2-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
France has always been arrogant in it's views. Which is strange because they have no cause to be. They have accomplished nothing since WW2 and rarely stick their neck out unless it's in national interests. I can understand why most European counties aren't parroting the Franco-German lines.
I'm curious how much money have France and Germany pumped into Eastern Europe since the Cold War ? They can't even guaranee Eastern European security without the US backing them up.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The French only get in volved in brushfire wars that there worth less military can win..ie..Ivory Coast where they are gonna crush a rebellion that would lift a represive goverment..But you notice you dont hear any thing about..I agree with you other Folks..pull out of Gremany and Take France of the "friend"list...after all in every major conflict in the past they have been such a burden..

Boomslang

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
"If they ( France & Germany ) were so powerfull, I'm wondering why 8 EU nation do not agree with them and are following the USA on the Iraki problem"

Because no one trusts the germans and the french look out for themselves, so the only other power in EUrope UK has to take the lead and the others quite simply trust us more than the other two

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomslang

Ivory Coast where they are gonna crush a rebellion that would lift a represive goverment..But you notice you dont hear any thing about..

Do you want to know what happened really ?

Muslims milicias were ( are still ? ) fighting against the official Ivory Coast Gov and killing many Yvory christians.

France asked for a peace agreement, and one agreement was signed in Marcoussia. Unfortunately for them, the Yvoryans don't care about France and the Muslims, also, they don't understand why France is backing muslims terrorists.

Now, in Ivory Coast, Frenchies are in troubles.

The Yvoryans don't want to have muslims in their government, and I understand them. But nowaday, France is ALLWAYS backing muslims everywhere in the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The 8 country decleration goes entirely against agreements that where reached in a European summit on foreign affairs(Or so Harry Potter(J.P. Balkenende, prime minister of the Netherlands) is telling us. So go bitch slap them, J.P.!!

Seriously, it's kind of odd that Europe gets so seperated over this. We just shouldn't be doing this. We are all against war. This pre-emptive strike thing is getting way out of hand, cause who won't they like next? I wish Gore in the White House right now...

If we are to become a great big European union, then all seperate countries should maybe shut up, and have the chair put out their agreed statement. We haven't heard anything from Greece(current chair) yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if all these countries get a slap on the wrist for this.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
"If they ( France & Germany ) were so powerfull, I'm wondering why 8 EU nation do not agree with them and are following the USA on the Iraki problem"

Because no one trusts the germans and the french look out for themselves, so the only other power in EUrope UK has to take the lead and the others quite simply trust us more than the other two

In a sarcastic way, it was my point.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devils Advocate

Seriously, it's kind of odd that Europe gets so seperated over this. We just shouldn't be doing this. We are all against war. This pre-emptive strike thing is getting way out of hand, cause who won't they like next? I wish Gore in the White House right now...

If we are to become a great big European union, then all seperate countries should maybe shut up, and have the chair put out their agreed statement. We haven't heard anything from Greece(current chair) yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if all these countries get a slap on the wrist for this.

You ABSOLUTELY right DA. I don't understand why the rest of the Europe do not follow the USA and GB !!!!!!!!!!!

" We are all against war. This pre-emptive strike thing is getting way out of hand, cause who won't they like next? I wish Gore in the White House right now "

I remember some europeans politicians who were all against war, in the 30'. Hitler was so happy to know it.
That's pretty sad and strange to see how many europeans are allways anti-USA and allways pro-tyrants. The USA ( and the EU too !!!! ) are lucky, we have Bush and NOT gore in the WH.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Devil's Advocate, why are you worried about the "preemptive strike" and wishing Gore, the compulsive Liar's Club President and general coward were in office? Oh yeah, its because you are not likely to get any dust of more falling buildings on you in the Netherlands, and your children are not likely to come down with a nasty bug from any released biological weapons.

Anyway, thanks for being a feind to us us over here. We'll try and return the favor one day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join