It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting video. Gerald Celente predicts "worst collapse ever"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have already addressed my personal issues on why it's so important to have alternative remedies stocked up.

Another thing I want to bring up is this:

People who are taking addictive medications such as valium, xanax, ativan etc. should start to think about tapering off of them if they possibly and medically can. I'm no doctor, but consider being in sit x, and being thrown into a dangerous detox. A person can die from a cold turkey withdrawal on some medications.

My friend who was on ativan for many years after a traumatic accident, made the decision a year ago to wean off and find alternatives. She always felt that something might happen that would put her in a situation where she would not have her meds.

Just throwing this out there to think on.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I have already addressed my personal issues on why it's so important to have alternative remedies stocked up.

Another thing I want to bring up is this:

People who are taking addictive medications such as valium, xanax, ativan etc. should start to think about tapering off of them if they possibly and medically can. I'm no doctor, but consider being in sit x, and being thrown into a dangerous detox. A person can die from a cold turkey withdrawal on some medications.

My friend who was on ativan for many years after a traumatic accident, made the decision a year ago to wean off and find alternatives. She always felt that something might happen that would put her in a situation where she would not have her meds.

Just throwing this out there to think on.

I've been telling my dad for the last year to start weening off the Zocor statin drug (lowers cholesterol) because when (in his mind it's "IF") things really start falling apart and the government is adios - or atleast most if not all government programs are eliminated, you want to be as self-sufficient as possible. I think most people will still be in denial that their government would never cease to look after their welfare

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TypeSH2001]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousdrum
I sure hope he is right....everyday i look forward to the collapse...no more will we be slaves to a dying system of consumption,no more will we have to listen to lies and deceit....and all those fat cats will get a taste of reality...hopefully jammed down their throats

that maybe one route........while another may be equal to a world dictatorship under the guise of something that sounds better.....low standard of living for the majority....with extreme restrictions to foods (low supply ) and nutriets (vitamin's banned) that may prolong life..(boost big pharma's $) it will be too costly to keep billions of poor people alive into their 80's......

oh well at least we have ATS to talk about it (for now)

if only people could feel /imagine the pain that may be coming in the future (RIGHT NOW) that would get them to protest outside in large numbers (so we could see just how many of us are angry) and we would still be able to bend politicians arms and try to break ties with the vested interests who got us into this finance led recession in the first place....any recovery that takes place must break ties (punish this group) otherwise any recovery will be largely for THEM only.....

it is literally time for us to secure our future by speaking out right now! and making sure any recovery plans make the company's that are too big too fail take big "haircuts" and then break them up into more efficient and smaller pieces.....and make sure other's don't grow up too large in the future.....i have never felt more urgency to do something right now before the BAD "recovery" plan is put in place.....

my prediction for the second half of 09 is that this collapse will go from being something that those of us who don't trust the gov't don't mind happening.....to something that will leverage our pain up a notch....so that we will willingly go along with "their recovery plan" .

[edit on 17-2-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
hi all...

yet another person who I fear might be right!

But I see that America cannot easily solve this one! I see the whole world is like a freight train of, say, 50 boxcars, and each car, in its rumblings, gets the car behind or ahead of it to do the same: Each country is tied into the next so that *all* of the world will have to probably come around to.
either....
1...one world goverment.
or
2....one huge Corporation to rule them all! gov. by default, the huge corporations rule.
[no one country can solve this alone, the "dark side" of the global economy! probably as it is, soon the min wage for americans should become that of China or India! get the world truly economicly equal!

In a sense, the personal solution to this is Simple: psychologically prepare to own nothing and to live in the woods or streets. The clothes on your body are not what you choose to own. Neither is the food that you eat something you chose to eat. Then Feel that this will last all of the rest of your lifetime. *then*, if this were to come to pass, the "100% extreme left end", of the great depression, then you will find less material things to make you happy, simple things like of a warm day or a sunset of someone's kindness. Nothing that you own, control, oversee, will count.
if you can accept *this*, even while enjoying what is left of the good times, then Fear will not haunt you! if you can accept living on the streets, as a possibility, then you can live now better, as the old Shamman's saying is...."the only way to be able to enjoy life, now, today; is to accept death and the afterlife, to feel and to accept the reality of one's earthly death"!

Work?
---why take any job, the first one to come around, no matter what you previous skill, now it is "psychology of adjustment", time to adapt to survive. why not wash dishes for 20 more years, in some eatery? many do now.

Why not go back to say about 1955. no social work support. no credit. pay only cash and no credit cards. neither can the small business get credit either.

in the long run, time to pare back our overpopulated country and then to get people to go back to live in the towns of 1000 people.

but you all have heard this before.

in short....develop a spiritual life where the afterlife will count for all and then live now like you are already in heaven. live for Eternity, not for something which will rot or get stolen or lost!

freestone

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join