It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver To Be Classified As A Pesticide-EPA Corruption

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
From my studies, nano silver is bad. A lot of the side effects of nano particles on the body are unknown. Silver collide is what is healthy, just depends on the size of the particles.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh of course they want to get rid of this, so we will have no other options than to succumb to the high prices of antibiotics.

Last summer, for three straight months, I had a sinus infection that just would not go away. I was on 5 different kinds of antibiotics trying to fight this. It would go away for a week, then come back again with a vengeance. I don't have insurance, so I was paying out anywhere from $50 to over $100 for medication. Not even potent omnicef could knock it out.

I gave up and went to the HFS and bought myself some silver in a spray and within 24 hours my pain was gone. By day 3 or 4 the infection was GONE.

Everytime I feel a sinus infection trying to take hold, I start up with the spray and it kills it.

I don't make my own right now, but it's looking like I better start learning.

I have never had a neg reaction from silver. Not even the herx effect some get. It simply kills the infection without side effects. I nearly died from Cipro once. I took 1 tab and within an hour my throat nearly closed in on me.

The FDA can go #@#% themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The level of ignorance and misinformation expressed on this blog is truly amazing..nanosilver as found in many consumer goods was a completely unregulated substance - at the same time it is not a completely safe material showing potential pollution problems particularly in waterways and with aquatic life. It does need some regulation as do all substances that show animal toxicity. And yes most pesticides are highly regulated and you cannot just buy anything off the shelf. Don't you want to live in a healthier world? Haven't we asked our government to help regulate and clean up our environment? Give it a rest.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'm pretty ignorant of colloidal silver, or nano-silver.
But, my first thought was "is this a way to eventually keep people from owning precious metals?"
Maybe it's not even about the medicinal qualities at all?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ummm, either the 2006 article that is fully reprinted in the parent was totally wrong then, planted from the future by John Titor or nano-silver is already banned...

Since none of those are true, methinks something else is going on.

Just a thought....

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I feel it necessary to disperse some myths, so here we go...

The "blue" guy turned blue because he did not ingest ionic silver made in distilled water. He used ordinary tap water for electrolysis which contains all kinds of things including chlorine, thus creating silver chloride or other silver salts.

The Argyria is the condition that occurs after extensive abuse and ingestion of silver chloride or other silver compounds, NOT from pure silver though. Wikipedia is full of # but we all knew that, right?

Many people think you just plug batteries to the silver wire and that's it, but unfortunately it's not. I have spent months experimenting with all kinds of ways of silver electrolysis and many factors influence the quality and concentration, including believe it or not Moon cycles.

Consensus among those who make their own is that you need a constant voltage, constant current source. Batteries do not provide either of those and a current limiting resistor will not do much either once the solution gets some free ions in it (increasing the conductivity).

Electrolysis if of silver usually starts/occurs after supplying 7 V or so - using a 3 V DC wall wart is the first time I hear of it...

It helps to stir the solution using some method (magnetic for example, or mechanical). Also slightly heating the solution speeds up the process as well.

Those two reports linked on the page someone posted have been "around", to say the least and should really be taken with a grain of salt.

The only way you can really determine particle size is using TEM (Transmission Electron Microscope). Other methods, including the one used in the report derive results from some computation of light dispersion, conductivity, or other means which are not the true indication of the contents of the solution.

Creating 1-10nm size particles is tough. I wish I could share with you a simple method of doing so but I do not have one. Some establishments, as the one quoted to have experimented with nanosilver and HIV, have been able to create such through different process than pure electrolysis, but doing it at home and saying it's 5nm particle size is silly (unless you have a TEM handy to verify it).

Lastly, someone mentioned the golden colour of the solution. You really do not want to drink that because the particle size is way too big and probably contains large clusters as well. Ideal solution would be absolutely clear with very faint Tyndall effect and no "sparklies" yet high ppm concentration. Next one would be slightly bluish tint but still clear.

You can read up on the specifics of the colours in colloids from the book Practical Colloid Chemistry (1926), p. 65, as well as anything else about colloids.

Tyndall effect is achieved when you shine a coherent light, such as laser beam into the solution and it looks "foggy" red. The mere fact that you can see foggy-ness means that the particles are larger than the laser's operating wavelength.

Remember that you cannot resolve things smaller than the wavelength of the source, that's just how it works, else we could see into atoms using flashlights.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I've been on Nano Silver for almost 2 years now.

Those last 2 years have been the ONLY years where I have NOT been sick...not one day...nothing nada zip zilch.

If they outlaw Nano Silver, I will do my absolute best to find a source (I travel the world, and have a couple houses outside the USA) finding a source wont be too hard, as the equipment to produce silver particles small enough is commercially available and I will set up a website for folks to buy from anywhere in the world, screw the FDA and the FEDS.....they cant stop us from being healthy.

Silver is what was used BEFORE penicillin to fight infection.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
yes, the Codex has already passed in a few nations, Germany is one i know of. A friend there told me she asked her doctor for a perscription of vitamin C (cause under codex you need a prescription for all vitamins and supplements) and it cost her $50 for 8 200mg pills. Outrageous! and for a bottle of echinacea it was $100, and they can only buy vitamins (approved vitamins from a list, with approved and tiny dosages) from the approved pharmeceutical companies, no longer from nutricuticals, and all are synthetic, not whole food vitamins. They are the devil i tell you!

The codex code is something that must be massively resisted even at the point of yanking politicians physically from office. It cannot be allowed to pass. Why did the citizens of Germany sit around and allow this to already be in? GET RID OF ANYONE WHO DOESN'T GET RID OF IT or you are betraying your children and their future. Its simple.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The fight against Codex is being spearheaded by a man named John Hammell in Point Roberts, Washington. He has a website: IAHF.com for those interested.

Home made colloidal silver generators are better than nothing and you can literally make gallons of it for pennies. The particles are usually too large to be a true colloidal suspension but again, better than nothing.

The agryria is actually caused, not by taking "too much" (there has NEVER been a documented case of silver O.D.) but by the addition of a protein "binder" to save us all the agony of having to shake the bottle before using. It's the protein binder combined with the silver that causes you to turn blue, not the silver alone. The name brand Sovereign Silver does not contain a protein binder. I can't vouch for the other brands sold at health food stores.

I have used colloidal silver for over 15 years, given it to my small children on various occasions, made up batches for family and friends and none of us have turned blue or had any adverse effects from using colloidal silver.

Silver is known to kill hundreds of different types of harmful bacteria, some viruses and even a few fungi. That's a lot of drugs that Big Pharma can't sell if people can cure themselves with pennies per gallon home cures.

Stock up now while you still can. Home generators can be purchased online for about $100.00. A 10 day, one illness dosing of Levaquin costs about $150.00.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The corrupt Big Pharma whores at EPA can't patent colloidal silver to further enrich their masters, so a former mainstream antibiotic has to be declared a dangerous pesticide.

But when a dangerous pharmaceutical concoction like Vioxx kills 100,000 people over a decade, it's La Dee Friggin' Da.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This whole thing with reclassifying colloidal silver (micronized pure silver in a water suspension) is a complete farce and completely based on nonsense.
I've been using colloidal silver for well over 6 years and it has been nothing short of a godsend.

I've had tooth infections that would normally require antibiotics followed by a tooth extraction, that was cleared up over the weekend by just ingesting colloidal silver 3 times a day for 2 days.

I've had sinus infections (a regular occurrence with me unfortunately) that were cleared up within 24 hours by using colloidal silver. Where as before I knew about colloidal silver, I would be miserable and end up at the doctors for the sinus infection within a week, only to get antibiotics prescribed.

This really pisses me off! I can't believe the Codex implementation is already in effect in some countries like the previous poster said about Germany. If only I could line these elite idiots up that think up this crap and do the world a favor by exterminating the vermin with my trusty M1 Garand.

This is just insane.
I've told about a dozen people about colloidal silver since I began using it and they have used it with nothing less than stellar results.

Wow. I can't believe how pissed this is making me.
Maybe with some luck something will actually happen in 2012 reducing the population by about 90%. Then we can start over minus all the scum of the earth elite idiots sucking all of us dry and every last ounce of freewill and rational thought.

[edit on 2/10/2009 by bigdog36]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Nano-Particles do also hold a certain amount of danger as well. Just because something is "Nano" based, it does not automatically represent a Positive Capability. You have a very real danger of a runaway Carcinogenic response from such Particles. It might not be proven yet, in terms of the Health Risk posed by such, but you do want to use Nano based Items as sparingly as possible. I myself am getting truly tired of all of this Preservative, and Scientifically Altered Garbage.

NOW, in terms of Medical Applications, it might be worthwhile to Hypothesize, Study, Investigate, Research, and Apply such a Process towards Nano-Particles. This would have to be conducted under the strictest of guidelines however, and until that time, NO, Nano Based Items should NOT be for sale.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Nano-Particles do also hold a certain amount of danger as well. Just because something is "Nano" based, it does not automatically represent a Positive Capability. You have a very real danger of a runaway Carcinogenic response from such Particles. It might not be proven yet, in terms of the Health Risk posed by such, but you do want to use Nano based Items as sparingly as possible. I myself am getting truly tired of all of this Preservative, and Scientifically Altered Garbage.

NOW, in terms of Medical Applications, it might be worthwhile to Hypothesize, Study, Investigate, Research, and Apply such a Process towards Nano-Particles. This would have to be conducted under the strictest of guidelines however, and until that time, NO, Nano Based Items should NOT be for sale.

But these practical tests has been done already over the last 4000 years of human existence.

what is this health risk you speak of?

how many people are dead from it?

how many injured?

in any case why are you NOT applying the same process to prescription drugs like vioxx and others which have killed 100000 at least?

why?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
in any case why are you NOT applying the same process to prescription drugs like vioxx and others which have killed 100000 at least?

We do. Very much. It sucks for the pharma companies, which is why small ones rarely thrive ($billion+ testing cost, etc).

And yet people (ex. certain individuals on this thread) are supporting the use of a potentially harmful chemical to treat things it has never been proven to treat. It's absolutely preposterous and malicious.

As the video said (which is trying to sell this guy's phony product. hmmm....), "You're the researcher!" Enjoy "researching" on your own body (which actually isn't possible due to placebo, confirmation bias, and other issues). Drink whatever the hell you want, but when we point out how stupid and ignorant you are for trying to push your completely baseless and potentially toxic treatment on others, we have the right to make these qualities known.

[edit on 11-2-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

But these practical tests has been done already over the last 4000 years of human existence.

what is this health risk you speak of?

how many people are dead from it?

how many injured?

why?

i completely agree that sometimes the current protocols for scientific investigation fail and people die which is terrible. there's also corruption and incopetence involved. but any foreign substance introduced into the body is a potential risk and you need to see what the benefits are. you wont do a CAT scan unless the radiation you get justifies the concern of having a brain tumor for example.

as for "practical tests has been done already over the last 4000 years of human existence" well the same can be said for mercury and lead and yet they were still in use as some form of medication or household use as early as 100 years ago. even now there are lead water pipes around the world in old houses. there's even a hypothesis that lead storage vessels used for wine in roman times may have been one cause of the roman empire's collapse (men became sick and less manly due to the lead poisoning).

so yeah it may have been used for millenia but nobody ever collected scientific data or followups after let's say 5-10 years of usage.

i don't say BAN it but at least put warning labels on it so ppl are aware and don't buy into this "healthy natural" crap. big corporations are making big bucks off this "healthy" stuff too (with far less investment and almost no testing/supervision/oversight of what kind of and how much substance they put into the "natural remedies" compared to the big pharma which needs years to study and document effects) and may i remind you that there are plenty of "natural" poisons which can kill you as well as any artificially designed medication...

[edit on 11-2-2009 by DarkSecret]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The scientific studies have already been done. Multiple labs. Multiple scientists. Double blind. How much more evidence do you need to deny ignorance?

general info. Check their lab analysis page.

NASA is considering use of silver impregnated clothing for their manned space missions.

Multiple studies done show silver to be effective within 4-10 minutes.

Big name scientists reporting before a congressional committee as to the efficacy, safety, cost effectiveness, multiple uses including bioterrorist attacks.

Google is your friend. The above information is just from the first page of results. The information you seek is out there. Open your other eye!

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
The scientific studies have already been done. Multiple labs. Multiple scientists. Double blind. How much more evidence do you need to deny ignorance?

general info. Check their lab analysis page.

NASA is considering use of silver impregnated clothing for their manned space missions.

Multiple studies done show silver to be effective within 4-10 minutes.

Big name scientists reporting before a congressional committee as to the efficacy, safety, cost effectiveness, multiple uses including bioterrorist attacks.

Google is your friend. The above information is just from the first page of results. The information you seek is out there. Open your other eye!

first of all these sites try to sell products. why don't you provide some peer reviewed publications?

secondly, NASA has been using silver lined clothing (including underwear) for years. in fact it's also commercially available. but that link you provide does not mention anything about NASA. but silver lined clothing does not imply swallowing silver...

external use of silver has been known for centuries (cups made out of silver kill bacteria). that is just fine. internal however not so much.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

ONE site was offering a product for sale. The rest DID have peer based reviews.

Admin Note: removed unnecessary personal attack.
ATS General Discussion Etiquette - PLEASE READ

[edit on 12-2-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Or maybe EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR LINKS has silver in the name and are profiting on our interest, and on your posting of them?

Give me a break. Maybe your "reading comprehension" is a little shaky, or maybe you have no scientific experience, but come on, you know better, you know to find a REAL medical study (scientific journal) before jumping to conclusions, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How about this one then:

www.silverlon.com...

Their products are cleared by both the US FDA and the Canadian counterparts.

The arguments about nano-particles of silver being dangerous is nonsense. There are far worse nano-particles all around us that we do not even know about (can't see them) so worrying about nano-silver is silly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join