It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass release Californian prisoners

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Look.....a lot of people in jail belong behind bars if the main thrust of thier life was to strike out and destroy.

Some gangbangers do change.....they understand that violence is not an option....but some are plain loco....dangerous and can NEVER be trusted.

I have met some of these dangerous people and they are just plain untrust worthy.

Yet many...many...many are in prison and they are simply innocent.

The US has more people in prison then ANY other country on this planet.

Here is a fn source...

With more than 2.3 million people behind bars, the United States leads the world in both the number and percentage of residents it incarcerates, leaving far-more-populous China a distant second, according to a study by the nonpartisan Pew Center on the States.
www.washingtonpost.com...

So what happened to freedom when China is more free then the USA?

Really....look at reality...take a good look...The US has given up freedom for security.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
if we eliminate any area that grows that stuff there wont be a supply in the first place.

You mean like in Afghanistan where the Taliban had virtually eliminated the growth of poppy used in heroin production, then suddenly after the U.S. "liberates" the country, they become one of the largest exporters of poppy in the world? Like that kind of thing?

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but the Criminals In Action make way to much money from the illegal drug trade to ever stop, and if you can guess what acronym I am alluding to I will give you a cookie. With poppy seeds.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I like the idea of finding an island -
letting them build their own housing -
grow their own food and make a life away from the general public.

They tried that already. We ended up with Australia.

Do we really need another Australia?

[edit on 11-2-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

OI!!

I don't know that I appreciate that comment. I don't know that any other Aussie will either.

What's wrong with Australia huh?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Just having a bit of fun, mate...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Yea - I like Australia. : )

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Hehe rightio, had to check.

We Aussies take the piss out of ourselves on a daily basis, we just get a little jumpy when others start doing it is all

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You don't say?

An Englishman wanted to become an Irishman, so he visited a doctor to find out how to go about this. "Well" said the doctor, "this is a very delicate operation and there is a lot that can go wrong. I will have to remove half your brain". "That's OK" said the Englishman. "I've always wanted to be Irish and I'm prepared to take the risk".

The operation went ahead but the Englishman woke to find a look of horror on the face of the doctor. "I'm so terribly sorry!!" the doctor said. "Instead of removing half the brain, I've taken the whole brain out". The patient replied, "No worries, mate!!"

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Why not install cameras and make it a reality TV show?

Survivor: Prisoner Island.

I like the idea of not putting innocent people and drug dealers/users into prison in the first place.

People with a few unpaid parking/speeding fines can do a few days in jail, while CEOs of bankrupt companies, unable to pay creditors and shareholders, get paid millions in golden parachute retirement packages. Law books need to be thrown out and rewritten, starting with the definition of what a criminal really is.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by tezzajw]

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Dude,you can't do it.There was a pathogen developed which would ruin the Coca plant.It would have devastated the world wide plantings,a mold.Before it was released,the main user of coca got it delayed to see if the product they made,containing cocoa extract,would sell if made without.Remember the flop 'new Coke' was?Ever wondered why they screwed with the proven recipe?And the drug warriors gnashed their teeth as the first or second ranked US industrial giant,Coca-Cola said,"NO!"
As for the poppy,Afghanistan produces the world supply of opium which is the basis of the big pharma pain med's.Rush's fave is a semi-synthetic(oxycontin),too expensive to completely synthesize.A drug is an isolate or compound.All of nature is a Creation of GOD.It's in the first chapter of the first book in the Bible.To condemn plants is un Scriptural.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

It was tried another time too. We ended up with Georgia.
I'll take Australia.

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

It's not like we are pressed for space or anything, as long as you are prepared to live with either 40 degree heat or a forest full of deadly critters......

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Most of the people in our prisons are mentally ill but they cut budgets for programing such as to help out those ones.
The prison system is messed up in that you can go there for petty things but once your there it makes you hard if you weren't before along with more contacts on the street and learning from other inmates how to be better criminals.
If we reformed our systems then we definitely have a better society instead of continuing this negative trend in our society.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join