It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets see who can figure this quote out!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

We're all energy (and matter itself is energy vibrating differently), so if our synaptic structure and connections are similar to someone that's lived before, we'll somehow receive their previous memories and thoughts.

Our energies exist even after we do not, so maybe our neural networks provide a conduit for similar energies to flow through. You'll notice people who think they've lived entire lives as other people only have some of the memories of that individual rather than all of the memories.

Interesting. Evasius, these "similar energies"...are these "s e" our own energies from a past life? Would there be a purpose to having these "s e" in a current life? Would we intentionally want this "s e" in a current life, be ready to incorporate this "s e" into a current life by wanting to before we have this current life?

What if someone says that you were in their past life with them? Were both "s e"s intentionally together in the past lifetime?

Interesting.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
"Human reality is just imposed purpose."

Very nice quote. Now let me see if I can wrap my mind around it.
Human reality is individual and subjective but experienced in an environment that one had previously agreed to live in. In other words, let's consider the possibility that prior to birth or coming here each spirit (no matter in what form) agreed to live and experience this human reality.

Possible reasons? Maybe just to experience the physical form. No big deal.

Human reality would therefore be an imposed reality on an individual and subjective basis, but still with previously agreed on basic conditions. If you only consider Neath-Death-Experiences and Out-of-Body Experiences for a second and what knowledge people gain, the above said makes a lot of sense (at least to me).

But as you said that "Human reality is just imposed purpose", it could well imply that self-improvement (on an egocentric point of view) but also to the good of all and everything, human reality just becomes an imposed purpose.

If we considered the possibility that we are all aspects of the creator, then there would be no "me" or "I" but only aspects of the creator and therefore the perception of being an individual becomes an illusion. Human reality would become a self-imposed purpose. One could also call it a "spiritual cleansing" that the creator goes through.

And even further down the road of thoughts, since we only know a minuscule part of the whole, the human reality as just imposed purpose can have an infinite number of repercussions to all possible causes things and non-things.

Oh well, these were just a few thoughts.

Greetings

PS: Every time I click on "Post Reply" I wonder what grammar and spelling mistakes I didn't find.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
what is, they know we create our realty so they trick us into imposing it on ourselves, alex????

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Interesting phrase. This reminds me of a theory. Does anyone here knows what "Ancestor Simulation" is? It may sound wacky but it sets you thinking though.

"Ancestor Simulation" is a theory by Nick Bostrom from the Department of Philosophy at Oxford University in England. He goes to state that we are actually living in a sort of computer simulation generated by a post human civilization thousands of years into the future. This means everything we see and feel isn't real. It is just a set of instructions written into this grand simulation that enable us to perceive the world we are living in now as our reality. Our world isn't at all real according to his theory. Everything in existence including our Universe are just sets of instruction generated by the post humans to simulate their past events which in other words is the world we are in now!

His theory continue to state that the world the post humans live in is in fact another simulation generated by post post humans way into the very distant future! And this goes on and on! So what his theory is trying to convey is we will never ever know what the true reality is!

I must admit his theory contradicts with my philosophy but its still worth pondering on.

More about it here : www.nasca.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by D.N.A.

basically the main theme of the Matrix movies

its possible, it doesnt contradict my theories, but i dont like the idea all the same

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I created a quote that refers to the world around us, it is on a different plane then that of the idea that reality is an illusion, which i believe to be true, but this is a more personal reality specifically targeted to the human race, the quote is:

i want to see if anyone can figure out what i mean.

as a hint this isnt about human destiny, its pertainment is more towards our perspective of reality.

the amount of information known, determines a person's reality. we are all in the same boat my friend, the cold quiet stare of an elderly person belies either disbelief or excepted truth.

[edit on 10-2-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I had a different post in mind but I couldn't help reading on before answering, so now, I have a question.

If the function is all that serves us, what happens when we sit on a table? Does the table then become a chair?

Not nit picking, love your theory and it is quite similar to what I believe, but I was wondering if the concept of 'chair' would fit anything we would use 'to sit'?

EMM

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
The act of observation implicitly implies the act of differentiation. There is no 'objective observation', other than the 'reality' of events in and of themselves. By each way we measure what we perceive we define, though the classifications we create thereby, how portions of our reality interact and behave. The 'existence of change' is a byproduct of our distillation of perception. And so, thus, is purpose: change to an ends. Our philosophies as to these ends express themselves though the same language that derives from our observation, and are thus 'imposed', either self-imposed, or imposed by the higher pattern of trans-human reality.

Can you say that in english please

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

The act of observation implicitly implies the act of differentiation. There is no 'objective observation', other than the 'reality' of events in and of themselves. By each way we measure what we perceive we define, though the classifications we create thereby, how portions of our reality interact and behave. The 'existence of change' is a byproduct of our distillation of perception. And so, thus, is purpose: change to an ends. Our philosophies as to these ends express themselves though the same language that derives from our observation, and are thus 'imposed', either self-imposed, or imposed by the higher pattern of trans-human reality.

Can you say that in english please

ok i'll give it a shot. what we believe to be true, is based on our observations coupled with our experiences and knowledge.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I created a quote that refers to the world around us, it is on a different plane then that of the idea that reality is an illusion, which i believe to be true, but this is a more personal reality specifically targeted to the human race, the quote is:

i want to see if anyone can figure out what i mean.

as a hint this isnt about human destiny, its pertainment is more towards our perspective of reality.

our reality as it is now, is just and external, imposed, reflection of our internal world...

that's how i view the quote... whether i'm right or wrong, either way makes sense haha

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
the threat implicit in the enveloping benevolence stifles the concept of rebelion.
---William Burroughs

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
I often joke with mates over a beer that.....

"It's my world, you're just living in it "

By this I mean the rest of you are a figment of my reality, and exist to justify the realities of my worldly perceptions.
I believe this is what you mean by your statement.

If this was true, then you would be able to control your reality with your mind. So if all the stuff in my mind was a figment, why is it all bound to be what it is.
Who decided that your reality takes the shape it is. If you never decided your own reality then who is in control of it ???
If it is your own reality why can you not change all aspects ??
Unless your own consciousness is not very advanced.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I think I understand what you are saying but if I do then I can't agree.

"The act of observation implicitly implies the act of differentiation. There is no 'objective observation', other than the 'reality' of events in and of themselves."

If there is only subjective observation than the reality of events are only those that you have imposed. They are only the reality that you have imposed by purpose.

So you would then have to conclude that if reality is subjective then there is no reality outside of what you impose; yet even your world will continue without your observations.

We can prove this by the fact that even things that we can not observe or can have interaction still have an effect on our minds and our bodies. It is these unknowns, these non-observables that have been the basis for many religious and spiritual beliefs.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
We can prove this by the fact that even things that we can not observe or can have interaction still have an effect on our minds and our bodies. It is these unknowns, these non-observables that have been the basis for many religious and spiritual beliefs.

I agree. I think there's a difference, though, between saying we do not observe something, and accepting that we may not always be able to observe a cause of something. After all, it's our mind's tendency to rationalize that makes us look for cause and effect in the first place.

In other words, if one of these 'non-observables' has no noticed impact or effect upon us, does it still 'exist', physically or spiritually? There's no way to know for sure, except for speculating - speculations that we form ourselves.

When does an event have meaning? I believe it is when we give it meaning, by our observation and reaction. Tree falling in the forest and all that.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

We are all here for a purpose, does not matter if you are rich or poor, whether gain riches and become rich or lose it all and become poor.

Whether you live to be 100 years old or just 1 day old, whether you will be top of the IQ tree or meandering somewhere in the middle, or at the bottom looking up.

We are all here for a purpose and it is imposed on us before we draw our first breath and until we exhale our last.

Will that do

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Tankthinker:

Good ideas, although I personally believe that our senses gives us a reality that isn't what our consciousness is really from?

If possible, I'd like you to clarify your meaning on this. I wouldn't want to take this 'prima facie' as it stands, because I believe there to be more detail in your belief.
On my part, human reality is a reflection, not so much as a 'imposed' reflection, but incidental to it. The crux of the issue lies in the ontology of reality, how we can 'know' it, and derive meaning from the 'knowing' (gnosis).
Consciousness is a state, a condition, manifesting in structures and forms at all dimensions. The type of consciousness, its complexity, is determined by the structure or form in which it manifests...the more complex the structure or form, the more complex the type of consciousness. The 'conscious state' arises as a by-produced resonance out of energy exchange, it is in fact 'excitation of structure or form through the impingement of radiating energies.
Yes, the tree is conscious in a tree way, because its structure and form determine that that is so. Human consciousness is what it is because of our structure and form, and sensing organs...there is no difference in the conscious resonance, just in structure and form.
I disagree that we create 'reality' through what we sense. All we are able to do is to impose 'meaning' upon it. We do not create reality with our mind, or with our consciousness. We are conscious because reality is there, external and internal (proprioception), and that energy radiations are reflected off the myriad structures and forms that make up reality.
By the way, just to clarify my use of the term 'mind'. I accept that we do not have an actual mind, existential to consciousness. That is to say, we do not have a mind that is conscious, but a consciousness perceived as mind. The distinction is quite clear...mind is the qualia of perceiving oneself to be conscious. All life forms derive their consciousness by the same mechanism, which has been briefly outlined.

Thanks for the reply

Best wishes

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK

We are all here for a purpose, does not matter if you are rich or poor, whether gain riches and become rich or lose it all and become poor.

Whether you live to be 100 years old or just 1 day old, whether you will be top of the IQ tree or meandering somewhere in the middle, or at the bottom looking up.

We are all here for a purpose and it is imposed on us before we draw our first breath and until we exhale our last.

Will that do

So no free will? No choice?

Something other then ourselves conceives a plan. It decides what our role is going to be in that plan and that is it?

Plan with no alterations? No deviations?

So if I decide to stay in bed until it is all over it is part of the plan?

Then why make us sentient?

It doesn’t seem that that can be quite right. Not all of it anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I had a different post in mind but I couldn't help reading on before answering, so now, I have a question.

If the function is all that serves us, what happens when we sit on a table? Does the table then become a chair?

Not nit picking, love your theory and it is quite similar to what I believe, but I was wondering if the concept of 'chair' would fit anything we would use 'to sit'?

EMM

no because the main purpose of a table is not to sit on as defined by the majority of society

it has to be a widely accepted purpose

also i think its good for people to question every last detail of my theory, that way i can make it as stable as possible

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK

Will that do

this isnt what i meant by the quote but its still a belief that i have, nice try

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire

If possible, I'd like you to clarify your meaning on this. I wouldn't want to take this 'prima facie' as it stands, because I believe there to be more detail in your belief.

ok since you asked i guess ill tell, my idea is that there is one single god-mind consciousness, our consciousness is a different manifestation of the "gods" own consciousness, so in simple terms we are all one

now i believe that our 3-D reality is built into frames or slides, each frame or slide is our entire universe (or multiverse) as it would be with no time in a specific phase,

i believe that what we experience as time is our consciousness traveling (well if consciousness travels) through each of these frames at a rate that we cannot notice,

i got this idea mainly from Platos story about how can an arrow move if it is in specific moments of no time put together, therefore movement is an illusion

so our consciousness transverses these frames and each frame is different in a minuscule, now i believe that we can choose the frames we go through, but are limited by our sensory projections,

so what im saying is that after each frame there is a limitless amount of frames that our consciousness can move into but because of the reality we experience the frames we pick are extremely limited

also what this theory implies is that every time we move into another frame, which is so fast to our senses that we have no idea its happening, we change into a new body and new world, that is basically a copy of the last

the best way to describe it are those film projectors that use slides, each slide is a copy of the last, and is just a stationary image but it goes by so fast that we see it as film

now the first inquiry that came into my mind was whether we are all watching the same projector or if we all have our own

the conclusion i came to can be shown in this analogy,

all of our individual consciousnesses are 30 people (would be 7 billion) inside a movie theater, the projector uses one slide to make the "film" appear on the screen, but everyone has their own glasses that allow them to all see different things (their sensory perceptions)

now i believe the purpose of this is to create more slides, i think that by living we create possibilities for more frames to be created and so we are creating something through life

i also think that anyone of these people inside the theater can alter which frame or frames come next, if they only knew how (enlightenment:puz

now another problem i came upon was what are these 3-D frames made up of

well i came to the conclusion that each frame is our entire universe made up of 2-D frames all at different angles and directions, to make a compiled frame of 2-D data that by being combined make it 3-D

so time is just our sensory perception of passing through these frames,

so i thought about the time reaching zero as we get closer to the speed of light

i came up with the idea that, as we move faster, our sensory projection thinks that it moves faster through the frames, so that in a week of close to speed of light time, a few years pass in normal time

first i thought that maybe those consciousness that went closer to the speed of light might move forward faster in the frames, and everyone else was just forced to catch up, but then how could they experience years of life without going through the proper amount of frames at the right amount of time to experiece it

so i came to the conclusion that those moving close to the speed of light move through years worth of frames

yet how could they only experience a few weeks in sensory perception reality, this is because their sensory perception selves dont have to go through it

they do their one week, then after that there comes a blank were they cease to be conscious (their sensory perceptionist selves) during this lapse of consciousness everyone else catches up, when consciousness is reasserted they are back to their normal selves, without memory as to the lapse

the reason their bodies dont age is because they enter new bodies that follow the rules of the "film", their consciousness returns the point in which leaving, therfore they age a week while everone else a year

if this theory is true think of the implications, if we had the right mindset we could heal our bodies instantly by enter new ones on a frame we decide for ourselves

and so much other stuff, also the initial rules and laws of the film (gravity, laws of nature, etc.), would be dictated by the creator of the frames, the god-mind i would guess, but with the right mindset i believe we can enter frames that would dissolve these laws

basically the frames you are allowed to enter is limited by your belief of certain events being possible (also by our sensory perceptions), hence the saying 'anything is possible'

well i hope that clears up my theory for you, this is just my belief based on the limited understanding i have of the topics i included

could anyone question this theory so i can make it more stable, or provide your own ideas on it, its all welcomed

but right now this is my belief system

I disagree that we create 'reality' through what we sense. All we are able to do is to impose 'meaning' upon it. We do not create reality with our mind, or with our consciousness.

i disagree with this, i think we create human limited reality through our sensory perceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join