It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we get payed off ($$) to forget about the 2000 Florida recount??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I dont know if this has been posted here on ATS before (since I am a rookie) but do you think we been payed off to forget about the 2000 Florida recount? I mean, after the Florida recount that depended on who would be president (which made Bush the winner) we all got a sum of tax money back (I got $300). Its weird how you put it all together that Jeb Bush is the Gov of Florida and all of a sudden a bunch of votes were MISSING?!?! I talked to everyone that are my friends and family (Bush or Gore supporters) about the "BIG tax hush payoff" and they all said "WOW, I didnt think of it that way. I just was happy to see the money." NOBODY even pursued the government for questioning about the recount because everyone was "happy to see the money". I have read in previous threads that George Bush Sr is a member of the NWO and is 1 of 19 chairman in the NWO movement. If this is true then all of this was MADE to happen regardless of how many voters voted for Gore. It was going to happen by the dark hand of our government at no cost. If all the above that I have mentioned is true then I GARAUNTEE you that Bush Jr will win this comming election. I have a gut feeling that before the presidential election in November something significant will happen. My opinion is that we will find and apprehend Osama Bin Laden before the elections come around the corner. Something is telling me our SpecOps guys already know where he is (For example: Saddam getting arrested on Sunday a Christian day) and when the time comes they will arrest or kill Osama (which would probably be a Sunday also. lol) which will be the WILDCARD to swoon the majority of the American voters to vote for Bush so that the Bush administration doesnt have to worry about any future recounts. Whats your take on this ATSers??

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Stop...now...Bush didnt steal florida...everyone seems to forget how gore wanted to throw away our over sea's troops votes...and how many democratic officials where found out by the media (who is very demo friendly usually) to be giving cigarettes to the homeless for a vote...I do agree with us "finding" bin laden right before the next election...my guess...August/Sept...just when sh@t will hit the fan..

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What you got from the 2000 election was the end to punch card ballots, which never seemed evil until 2000!?!?

What you got was the beginning of uniform, standardized voting machines, which can be much easier to rig, if necessary

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i'm from florida..please don't remind me of the situation. Definitely something fishy went down, especially out here in South florida, Broward and Miami Dade counties.

and that tax money couldn't be a payoff.....it was only an advance on money you would be collecting now...sort of like a loan...that's all...no free money.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
How many times did media and other organizations sponsored by both parties recount the recount, was'nt it 9 TIMES ? Bush won each and every one of them.

The dead fish smell down there is from a Democrat party attempt to steal an election.

Punch ballot designed by democrats conveniently used in two highly democratic areas disputed only if the election was close - thats the conspiracy here.

How about the squelching of the military vote, What time did the media announce results? affecting voting in republican panhandle area?, How many times were polling place hours extended in St Louis?, How many dead people voted in Chicago?, on and on we can go.

I would have like to have seen challenges to each and every case of voting fraud that occured so that it could not be repeated by the dirty tricksters in the democratic party, but alas we are fated to go through this again in the guise of getting over 2000 election.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ok, I think everyone has truly lost their mind. They claim conspiracy and election theft.

Lets remember what happened.

Al Gore loses.

Al Gore Requests Recount...Specifying WHAT STATE AND COUNTIES WILL BE RECOUNTED!

Al Gore had them recount the votes SEVERAL TIMES.

The appointed panel decided that all the late military votes should not be counted. Yes they were late, but by no fault of the soldiers. What a pitiful disgrace to our country that was. What a pitiful disgrace that makes Al Gore and his staff.

Why in the heck would Al Gore, being as intelligent as he is (inventing the internet and all), pick Florida to do the recount when there was at least one other state close enough in its voting to do so, if not more? Maybe thats the conspiracy. He knew he had lost, and picked the state the would drudge up the most controversy. He is the one who picked it.

Give me one shred of evidence that Jeb B. had influence in that vote. Not opinion. I want evidence.

Otherwise, shut your whining liberal mouths for once.

[Edited on 4/14/2004 by Seapeople]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i think cartman is getting into seapeople's head

www.iammagginkat.com...
Had thousands of voters not been wrongly turned away from polls in Florida, Gore, not Bush, would be in the White House. Most of the disenfranchised voters were black.

Most states deny prisoners the vote. Only Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont and Utah do not. But only 15 states, including Florida, bar felons who have served their time from voting, according to a 1998 study by the Sentencing Project of the international organization Human Rights Watch. In Florida, between May 1999 and election day, two secretaries of state loyal to the governor of Florida, President (sic) Bush�s brother, Jeb Bush, ordered 57,700 ex-felons purged from the voter rolls, according to Palast�s research.

To create the "scrub" list, a private company, DBT Online, matched voters by name, birth date, gender and race with the names of tens of millions of ex-felons in the United States. The system to filter out mismatches was set to exclude as many voters as possible. The company had proposed using a more complicated and accurate system that took into account people�s address histories and financial records but was told this was unnecessary.

One voter was barred for a crime committed in 2007.

One county that checked the 694 names on the disqualified voter list could verify only 34.

Voters were disqualified whose names were identical to a felon in another state; in some cases even when birth dates were different.

Many people were disqualified simply for having names so common that a match was likely.

One county election supervisor threw out the scrub list when she found her own name on it.

A 64-year-old man lost his right to vote. He�d been convicted in 1959 of sleeping on a bus-stop bench.

The contract with DBT required the company to contact by telephone each voter disqualified as a felon. The state, however, told the company that was unnecessary.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WW, how many republicans were on that same DBT felon list?
Suppose you all could ask your legislature in Tallahassee to change that law until then...........................you can't go back and change the law retroactively like gore tried to do.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i'm from florida..please don't remind me of the situation. Definitely something fishy went down, especially out here in South florida, Broward and Miami Dade counties.

and that tax money couldn't be a payoff.....it was only an advance on money you would be collecting now...sort of like a loan...that's all...no free money.

Nothing fishy except that the whole "Oh dear, I voted for Pat instead of Al!" issue was whipped up by a polling agencey called democrats to lead them that way, paid for by the DNC and FDC.
Want conspiracy? How about the fact that the network news sources prematurely called Gore the winner, regardless of the fact that the predominately conservative panhandle was in central time and had another hour's worth of voting to go? Yeah, there are conspircaies and a whole bunch of fish odors, but it is not from Bush or Jeb. Want to talk about the Florida Supreme Court wanting to ignore law and make it up as they go? No, didn't think so.
What say we all talk about this in a couple decades so that we have forgotten the facts and can argue misty memories as I still remember the facts.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
World Watcher,

Could Al Gore have chosen a different state? Yes Or No?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i don't know how many of the 57,000 plus were republicans or democrats...they weren't given the chance to express their views.....

and who was the governor that was in charge of the state and it's legislatures? Why Jeb Bush, brother of the current president.

The point is, there is a law, but the methods used in trying to enforce this law was extremely fishy and poorly planned out by the current florida administration of Jeb Bush.

btw, i don't want to argue elections, 4 years after the fact, too late now...it doesn't do any good. I replied to this thread to let 2goodbucs know that the tax refund we got, that he thinks might be pay off money has nothing to do with the florida elections and that it wasn't free money...just an advance..a loan of sorts.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can't believe Democrats are still running their mouths about this. There was MORE then one recount! What would have been fair? To recount untill Gore won? give me a break. Gore lost! I know, it's hard to believe the same guy who invented the internet lost, but he did!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ok WW, I will agree that the first round of tax reduction checks were sent to taxpaying individuals as an advance on withholding that year in order to spur the economy. It was not a loan though.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The tax money was not a loan but I had to claim it as an income. I had to claim that on my 2004 taxes. 400 dollars. I used turbo tax and it said errors. it continued to say error until I put in the 400 dollars I got in Sept. 2003.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ok lemme explain this, the tax advance check that we got was basically just that....an advance. that's why you need to claim it....for those who didn't get a check last year, they will get the additional funds in this year's return...... so basically it was a loan, not in the sense that you have to pay it back, basically they govt lent you your own money in advance of filing this year's return.

I guess all the tax experts are too busy working at HR Block so they can't clarify this issue.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So why do flips trying to say an advance is a loan when it is what it is an "advance". The purpose was to stimulate the economy and I dare say it worked the unemployment in my state is 3.7% as of February, bad economy my ass.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
So why do flips trying to say an advance is a loan when it is what it is an "advance". The purpose was to stimulate the economy and I dare say it worked the unemployment in my state is 3.7% as of February, bad economy my ass.

...what is the issue here, my words?? loan versus advance? well excuse me...I am trying to understand the difference here....none...it was not free money, it is money you are entitled to anyways...bush made it sound like everyone got this great deal...free money...oh why do i even bother...it's seems everything I say today..someone is waiting to turn it around.....since when I am the voice for all of humanity and america. believe what you want to believe

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
WW, no need to be offended, you had earlier stated an opinion that made the tax reductions sound bad and my point is they are not bad or sinister, they are what they are.
The difference today and recently is that you are finally after a few months here, showing some actual opinion rather than safe and clean neutrality as was your usual posting style in the past. Its good and stimulating to see you have an opinion, does'nt mean you won't be called on it though.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i don't know how many of the 57,000 plus were republicans or democrats...they weren't given the chance to express their views.....

and who was the governor that was in charge of the state and it's legislatures? Why Jeb Bush, brother of the current president.

The point is, there is a law, but the methods used in trying to enforce this law was extremely fishy and poorly planned out by the current florida administration of Jeb Bush.

btw, i don't want to argue elections, 4 years after the fact, too late now...it doesn't do any good. I replied to this thread to let 2goodbucs know that the tax refund we got, that he thinks might be pay off money has nothing to do with the florida elections and that it wasn't free money...just an advance..a loan of sorts.

I have no idea what you mean by this. Do you not understand that the Supreme Court has nothing to do with the governor? Or maybe you don't understand that the network media is national and not owned by the state of Florida? Maybe you don't seem to have a clue that the tax break, that is to say, money back into the hands that own it, has in no way a part in the Florida voting process, I don't know. What I do know is the idea of a tax break to the nation being a payback to the Florida election process is about the biggest stretch of anything I've seen so far. It makes no sense and the only ones that could find sense in this are the ones who find George/Jeb=evil =0. That equation just doesn't add up. Not that I think Jeb is all that sharp, and not that I think George is the best president or anything, I just have enough rationalthinking and am without the hate and rage to be blinded. I learned from my blind rage during the Clinton years.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
considering the fact that the people who decided bush won were mostly republicans....i'd say yea. bush stole the elections and no, we didnt get paid to forget about this. we just got tired of it......that's what happens to news.....it gets old

<<   2 >>

join