It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you eat an alien?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
ok, well i'm not usually in the UFO threads, but after seeing a thread about humans as food, I got to thinking:

Would you eat an alien, be it a plant, animal, fungii - whatever. Assume there is SOME scientific evidence that it shouldn't be harmfull.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
yeah man. i'd better do it while im young, too.

it'd be a hell of an experience, but the craziest experiences are the ones which always provide someone with the most amount of growth.

Some shamans in the past (maybe present, too) have claimed to have eaten certain aliens, and have reported all kinds of effects. both physical and psychological. sounds like a hell of a ride!

[Edited on 4/13/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
That depends.

Did it try to eat me?

Does it taste like chicken?

Is it kosher?

Not that I care, I suppose if the alien looked like a chili dog I'd eat it.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Some shamans in the past (maybe present, too) have claimed to have eaten certain aliens, and have reported all kinds of effects. both physical and psychological. sounds like a hell of a ride!

sounds like shrooms to me

You're right though - an experience like that might be too good to pass up.

Not that I care, I suppose if the alien looked like a chili dog I'd eat it.

hahahaha - yeah, chilli dogs are DAMN good

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   
actually, yes AMM, like shrooms according to some of the tales I have read. They describe a feeling of total madness and ecstacy. They also describe uncontrollable laughter, inability to eat or breathe properly, and physical manifestations like swells and rashes. Unlike shrooms, these "trips" purportedly last for 1-2 weeks.

Yikes. Imagine that. Going to sleep while tripping and waking up to another trip. Then you go back to sleep tripping and then you wake up on another trip. Over and over again for a few days. it sounds like nothing short of a life-changing experience. No wonder it's usually performed as part of a ritual that involves preparation.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
actually, yes AMM, like shrooms according to some of the tales I have read. They describe a feeling of total madness and ecstacy. They also describe uncontrollable laughter, inability to eat or breathe properly, and physical manifestations like swells and rashes. Unlike shrooms, these "trips" purportedly last for 1-2 weeks.

Yikes. Imagine that. Going to sleep while tripping and waking up to another trip. Then you go back to sleep tripping and then you wake up on another trip. Over and over again for a few days. it sounds like nothing short of a life-changing experience. No wonder it's usually performed as part of a ritual that involves preparation.

OK, after hearing that, I changed my mind - it sounds like PAYOTE!!! And this guy
don't play that game.

In all seriousness though, who specifically has claimed to have eaten aliens? Do you have a link?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
AMM, actually, I do. I didn't before, but your query inspired me to find one. So thanks for asking!

Here is Zulu Shaman and Historian Credo Mutwa on his experiences:

www.sabon.org...

"Their flesh is protein, just as animal flesh on Earth is, but, anyone who ingests Grey alien flesh comes very, very close to death. I nearly did. You see, in Lesotho there is a mountain called Laribe; it is called the Crying Stone mountain. On several occasions, in the last 50 years or so, alien craft have crashed against this mountain. And one last incident was reported in the newspapers not so long ago.

An African who believes that these creatures are gods, when they find the corpse of a dead Grey alien, they take it, put it in a bag, and drag it into the bush, where they dismember it and ritually eat it.

But some of them die as a result of ingesting that thing. About a year before I had the experience from the Inyangani Mountains, I had been given, by a friend of mine in Lesotho, flesh from what he called a sky god. I was skeptical. He gave me a small lump of grey, rather dry stuff, which he said was the flesh. And he and I and his wife ritually ate this thing, one night. After we had eaten this thing, sir, on the following day, exactly, our bodies erupted into a rash which was like nothing I had experienced in my life before. Our bodies were so full of the rash and urticaria, it was as if we had small pox. We itched, the itching was horrible, especially under the arm-pits and between the legs, and the buttocks. Our tongues began to swell. We could not breathe. And for a number of days, my friend, his wife and I were totally helpless, secretly attended by initiates who were studying under my friend, who was a shaman. I came very close to death. There was bleeding from nearly every orifice in our body. We passed blood, much blood when we went to the toilet. We could barely walk, barely breathe. And after about 4 or 5 days, the rash subsided, then the pealing of the skin took its place now. Our skins began to [peel], in scales like that of a snake shedding it's skin. Sir, it was one of the most terrible experiences I had undergone. In fact, when I began to feel better, I think that my being abducted by the Mantindane was the direct result of my having ingested flesh from one of these creatures. I had not believed that what my friend was giving me was flesh from a creature. I assumed it was some kind of root or herb or whatever. But, afterwards, I recalled the taste of the thing. It had a coppery taste, and had the same type of smell that I was to encounter in 1959. And, after the rash went down-while I was still peeling and we were smeared from head to foot with coconut oil by the initiates, every day-a strange change came over us, sir, which I am asking all people of knowledge who would read this in your country to try and explain to me. We went crazy, sir, utterly crazy. We started laughing like real loony tunes. It was ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha, day after day-for the slightest things we started laughing our heads off, for hours, until you were nearly exhausted. And then the laughing went away; and then a strange thing happened, a thing which my friend said was the goal which those who ate the flesh of a Mantindane wanted to achieve. It was as if we had ingested a strange substance, a drug, a drug like no other on this Earth. Suddenly, our feelings were heightened. When you drank water, it was as if you had drunk a wine of some kind.

Water became as delicious as a man-made drink. Food began to taste amazingly. Every feeling was heightened, and it's indescribable-it was as if I was one with the very heart of the universe. I cannot describe it any other way. And this feeling of amazing intensity of feeling lasted for over 2 months. When I listened to music, it was as if there was music behind the music, behind the music. When I painted pictures-which is what I do for a living-and when I was holding a particular color on the tip of my brush, it was as if there were other colors in that color. It was an indescribable thing, sir. Even now I cannot describe it.

But let me now, sir, go to something else. The Mantindane are not the only alien beings that we Africans have seen and know about, and have got stories to tell about. Many, many, many centuries ago, before the first White-man came to Africa, we African people encountered a race of alien beings which looked exactly like the European White-man who were going to invade Africa in our future. These alien creatures are tall. Some of them are rather well built, like athletes, and they have slightly slanting blue eyes and high cheek-bones. And they have got golden hair, and they look exactly like the Europeans of today, with one exception: their fingers are beautifully made, long and like those of musicians and artists. Now, these creatures came to Africa out of the sky, in craft which looked like the boomerang of the Australian people. Now, when one of these craft comes down to land, it creates a whirlwind of dust, which makes a very large sound indeed, like that of a tornado. In the language of some African tribes, a whirlwind is zungar-uzungo. Now, our people gave several names to these White-skinned aliens."

[Edited on 4/13/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
very nice find my friend

It sounds like i would have to change my mind about eating them. If this guy is saying not to, I will trust him.

One thing caught my attention:

Many, many, many centuries ago, before the first White-man came to Africa, we African people encountered a race of alien beings which looked exactly like the European White-man who were going to invade Africa in our future. These alien creatures are tall. Some of them are rather well built, like athletes, and they have slightly slanting blue eyes and high cheek-bones. And they have got golden hair, and they look exactly like the Europeans of today, with one exception: their fingers are beautifully made, long and like those of musicians and artists. Now, these creatures came to Africa out of the sky, in craft which looked like the boomerang of the Australian people. Now, when one of these craft comes down to land, it creates a whirlwind of dust, which makes a very large sound indeed, like that of a tornado. In the language of some African tribes, a whirlwind is zungar-uzungo. Now, our people gave several names to these White-skinned aliens."

This sounds a lot like the being that American Indians believed that Christopher Collumbus and his people were. Didn't they believe in a very white humanoid god?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If its harmless, i dont know. It would be kind of scary though. I'll probably starve to death. Maybe if its cooked.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I would eat a human if I had to, to survive. I dont think there are any rules to staying alive.
So yes i would eat alien.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hahaha, this is the dumbest topic I've seen in a long time, no offense! But it's very funny and amusing.

Personally, I wouldn't eat anything alien unless there was nothing else available, or it had been studied and tested and many other more brave people had tried it first and nothing happened to them. But I would wait years after they ate it, to make sure there was no long term effects.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Hahaha, this is the dumbest topic I've seen in a long time, no offense! But it's very funny and amusing.

Personally, I wouldn't eat anything alien unless there was nothing else available, or it had been studied and tested and many other more brave people had tried it first and nothing happened to them. But I would wait years after they ate it, to make sure there was no long term effects.

- thats why I made it honestly, I am always kind of amused by the UFO/alien "the greys are invading" stuff. I saw a thread called something like "humans used as food?" and this thought of eating aliens came in my head and I just had to post it.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
ok, on a more serious note - nothing alien is going in my body if I can help it unless there is NO alternative

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think it's quite a good question. If we discovered a planet that was populated entirely by just a few different species of creatures that weren't very far along the line of evolution, we would think of them as precious and I don't suppose that we would for one minute think about using them as a food source, hopefully lessons have been learnt from the demise of the dodo.
But what if we then met a different form of beings from another planet, and we found that the creatures from the first planet were a delicacy on their home planet. If they invited us round for dinner wouldn't it be polite to eat what they provided?
I know there's a lot of things from this planet that I wouldn't dream of eating. Just look at what some ATS members have sampled in the past
www.belowtopsecret.com...
Perhaps those members would be more likely to enjoy alien flesh.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, thank you for taking my thread seriously

But yeah - I wouldn't eat MOST things on this planet, and god knows Id be scared to eat something from another one.

But if it had been going on for a few generations and there were no ill effects other then maybe getting a little fat and having to work out more often, then yeah - i'll try it.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
perhaps if it was properly marinated in a vinegrette and served up with portabella mushrooms and a balsamic reduction sauce....

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am the guy who posted "humans as food" my post was centered on an article i had read in the fortean times magazine. But i think your question has some validity. I have read that some aliens seem to very interested in our plants,flowers ,grain and livestock. Why then wouldn't it be possible for them to have collected the same from other planets ,or from their own. according to some ufo reports people have been offered things to eat while supposedly on board craft Cant remember exactly the situation but i think the report came from Italy during the fiftys by a person that encounterd a craft and was allowed onboard and was given some rather bland type of bread. So i dont think it is a silly question at all.
Parker

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by parker]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
perhaps if it was properly marinated in a vinegrette and served up with portabella mushrooms and a balsamic reduction sauce....

Yes Indeed, They are very good that way, alot like frogs legs.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Only if the alien tastes good

seriously though, I would want my food to be tested first for safety and I would let someone else eat it first and see what happens. If they got sick or dropped dead, I believe I would not eat what they ate.

Aliens could have lots of strange trace elements in their flesh and we couldn't be sure how those elements would react with the trace elements in our flesh.

I can just imagine an alien monitoring service reading posts about the savages on Earth discussing eating aliens.

Seriously though if we were on an alien planet and lived off the land, we would only be eating aliens (plants and maybe meat).

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If anyone here does decide to try alien, here are some recipes & even tips on how to catch one!

users.bigpond.net.au...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join