It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vows "disproportionate" response to rockets

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If mexico started lobbing rockets and morter rounds into the usa the only thing left of mexico city would be a large smoking hole what gives us the right to tell another country how to defend its self

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I'm looking around here, and still all I see are people bickering over where to stick an imaginary line while innocent people are dying.

Perhaps you overlooked my posts? I believe that I said the same thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

kozmo, you can count me in on those who are apparently ignorant of the history that you propose.

That erroneous history as you call it, I personally recall, as it was being made as of 1967. Do not presume to lecture me on history from that point forward.

I lived it.

You don't know diddly squat. Listen. History according to the Palestinians, and Arabs in that region of the world are just a tad skewered.

And I don't blame them. Every time they went in after weeks and months and even years of telling the world how they would destroy Israel, they got their asses kicked and lost a lot of territory as a spoil of war.

Get the facts for a change

You just want to spout Arab revisionist history, start a new thread.

Some of us saw it all happen as it happened.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
All points about this conflict are moot. War=dead babies, dead mommies, dead daddies, brothers sisters cousins, grannys, grampas, family pets...you get the point. Bottom line, Israel wins. I dare Iran and Syria to become involved. I wish they would. Then we would see what disproportionate really means. The country of Israel would get a whole lot bigger. Granted they wouldnt be able to grow many crops for a while, unless people dont mind eating radioactive green beans.fertilized in the remains of nuclear basted terrorists. But we all know whats going to happen...Israel will once again concede...out of a desire for peace. But guess what! The Arabs dont want peace...they want.....you guessed it..NO JEWS. I say bring the population of Israel to the US Along with thier Military and wealth...let the arabs have the godforsaken sandbox and sit back and see what happens. Wont be too long theyll turn it into a shi#hole as well...then who will they blame?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I may be wrong, perhaps someone here knows.

I read recently in the news, sorry I do not recall the source, that the palestinians were asking PERMISSION from Isreal that they could carry more money?

There was issue with civilians, even Fatah supprters - not being able to afford water and stuff in the main part of the attack because they had so quickly ran out of money because the LIMITS were too low?

Is this true?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The Israeli government and Hamas hate each other and are not interested in peace, only death & destruction. To stand back and do nothing is not a solution. Only intervention from a third party, by force if that's what it takes, will bring an end to this conflict.

Anyone who takes sides in this conflict is no better then either the Israeli government or Hamas. You're all as bad as each other and just like the Zionists and Hamas, your not even remotely interested in peace for both sides, only subscribing to hatred & ignorance.

Someone always hates someone.

A child will be born tomorrow
As open as an empty cup
And well fill it with hope and sorrow
The very things that messed us up
Well ask him to join the congregation
A hindu moslem christian or jew
Pretty soon hell recognise his brothers
But soon hell know the enemy too
Someone always hates someone
Someone always hates someone
Someone always buys a gun
Cos someone always hates someone

If you hate someone hard enough, soon you'll become the person you hate.

All hatred comes from self loathing. What we hate in others is in essence what we find detestable in ourselves and moreover, what we don't hate or love in others are the things that do not exist within ourselves because we cannot comprehend anything outside of ourselves.

Hermann Hesse

[edit on 3-2-2009 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Good job on the part of our Jewish brothers. Continue to cull the herd.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"We will have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meir

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Perhaps you overlooked my posts? I believe that I said the same thing.

Yes, sorry, I was more or less referring to the others squabbling earlier, not directed at you, I'm actually quite pleased that you can think about the situation rationally, and realize you don't have to chose sides when both sides are utterly wrong.

[edit on 3-2-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

It seems that Israel isn't able to see that the worlds support for it is hitting all time lows. At which point will the world say - Israel you will stop and start negotiating in good faith. I don't believe Israel will ever back down they have amongst the most aggressive leaders.

Another interesting point from the article is :

"Olmert's comments were echoed by Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, a candidate for prime minister in Israel's Feb. 10 election. Olmert, who quit in a corruption scandal in September but stayed on as caretaker prime minister, is not running.

"Israel will respond," said Livni, who replaced Olmert as head of the ruling, centrist Kadima party. "This is my position. It was clear before, during and after the operation, and this is how I will conduct myself as prime minister."

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Can you tell from this quote that Livni is running against Netanyahu (sp?) to be the next Prime Minister?

That aside, if someone is trying to kill you and your neighbors "disproportionate" is not a real issue, except for those trying to kill you.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Proof Israel broke the truce: From CNN

Israel used white phosphour against civillians: Times

Israel attacks U.N school killing 40: Haaretz

This is a onesided attack on civillians on Gaza strip, anyone claiming anything else has fallen under Israel's propaganda machinery. IDF are brainwashed killers (Haaretz) as stated by Israelian media.
Anyone criticizing Israel is promptly labelled an "anti-semite" or "jew hater", showing that Israel is using the holocaust card for everything it's worth. To quote Gerald Kaufman, raised an orthodox zionist, currently an British MP "My grandmother did not die to provide cover for Israeli soldiers murdering Palestinian grandmothers in Gaza." (source) .
Journalists were beeing prevented from reporting during the slaying, prooving that Israel has something to hide. Anyone supporting Israel is supporting the killing of children and civillians.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Anyone criticizing Israel is promptly labelled an "anti-semite" or "jew hater",

Anyone supporting Israel is supporting the killing of children and civillians

Well labeling works for both sides ,it seems.
As for your assumption that

This is a onesided attack on civillians on Gaza strip,

Rockets from Gaza are a present? Mortars are a present?Sniper fire is just for a joke? For almost a decade, mind you. One sided attack is when only one side attacks. Pretty obvious, me thinks.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Hehe, you're not reacting to anything I posted except that i stated it as a onesided attack?
What about Israel breaking the cease fire, not Palestine?
What about using illegal weaponery?
What about rabbis forcing extremist religious views upon IDF troops?
The rockets from Palestine are hardly compareable to Israel keeping the people of Palestine in a concentration camp at least the last ten years. Destroying homes as collective punishment, shooting at kids throwing stones, keeping food and medicines away from the civillian population, how is it possible to support this?
Israel says it's fighting terrorism, not true, Israel is the terrorist. Since 1931 (Wikipedia) Irgun and Stern Gang (today IDF) has operated in west-bank area, killing in the name of your supposed God.
I have a 500 meter long road running over a field to my house, If I claim it has pink fairies on it, you think Im in my right to keep my neighbours from driving to and from their house on that road? You think I have the right to shoot them if they start harassing me a bit for beeing such an idiot?
Ofcourse I'm in my full right to claim there are pink fairies on the road, but I sure as h*ll don't have a good case for imposing that crazy stuff on anyone else.
The war is a religious one, please don't try to say anything else, and the people of Palestine have a right to reac to Israels insane brutality.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join