It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Development of Mind After Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have been pondering this question for quite sometime. Let's say we have two people. One a baby and another a 26 year old with a doctorate. Now let's say the baby upon being born dies in the hospital. Where as the 26 year old is tragically killed in a car accident. As a result we are left with the Self discarded and the astral body is released. Now although there is no brain, there is consciousness, or better yet, mind. Would the baby be able to develop it's mind as a spirit or would it simply roam the spirit realm as some sort of orb. Basically hover here and there without much mind at all.
Now we can assume the 26 year old who has achieved his doctorate upon death will carry the remnant artifacts of his brain. Hence his history and accumulation whilst in the physical self. We know the 26 year old upon death and being in this new astral body has the know how to evolve the brain and resources to learn new information.

So my question is, can a baby. Basically with the intelligence upon death of a mere squid be able to grow or evolve itself much like a human brain through the years? Or is the energy released upon it's death limited to not much exponential progression at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a very good question indeed, I don't know a lot about this subject, in fact i know next to nothing about it.

assuming that there is a an astral body, afterlife, soul or what ever else you'd call it, the baby's spirit would continue to form the same as the 26 year old and someone who died 1,000 years ago.

as i said before, i know nothing about the subject so this is just my 2 cents.

it would be good to hear other peoples opinions.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by iced_blue]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hey, pretty interesting questions you are asking here.

I would assume that both the baby, and the 26 year old would get back in line, and wait to be reborn again.

All depends on what you believe. Perhaps the 26 year old already learned everything they needed to, so the soul could rest finally. While the dead newborn would have to simply be born again. Who knows how old the soul was before being born.

Again, all depends on belief.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Some say that infants are completely aware of their past lives, or reason for being here in a physical form at that particular moment and the veil doesnt drop until they are older. so in following with this belief it would seem correct to infer that the baby is already highly intelligent, and maybe even more so than the 26 yr old. And such, it may also take the infan much longer to reincarnate, seeing as how it just recently reincarnated, probably would have to wait longer than others.

Or, you could go with the fundamental religious outlook and say the baby got an express ticket to heaven.

Or it simply ceased to exist as the being that was the baby and reverts back to whomever it was in a past life, waiting in line for reincarnation once again.

Its as LostNemesis stated, it all depends upon your beliefs, of course, when you die then it'll all depend on the actuality of what is happening and it very well could cancel out any belief you've heard of simply by being something unexplainable. Therefore, it is unknown at this time.

Love and Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Evolutionist view: LOL

Christian view: We are born with sin, therefore the spirit will go straight to Hell since it never had a chance to repent.

Freespirit view: The spirit will move to the next available baby. All knowledge is deposited in the deep sub-conscious.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses.
About a year ago I had inquired into the subject. Unfortunately given the lack of substantial evidence of an after life I was forced to go with the next best thing in the spiritual/paranormal world....a medium.
This medium was well known in the 80's. As I recall there were certain articles that appeared in the UK at the time about how revered this medium was. She was what is referred to as a physical medium.
Her seances were so strong that during this time there would appear to be actual lightning bolts forming in the dark room as well as many other effects, levitation of objects and so on. During this time a boy came forth who was the deceased son of 2 of the people present. What they noticed is the boy sounded like their son and had information only their son would know but his voice sounded deeper and his verbal skills were much more developed. The boy said the reason for this is that the souls that depart do actually mature and learn just as we do on the physical plane. Which again raises certain questions, such as is age simply a concept so strong that our energetic body takes on the appearance of age when the energetic body is truly immortal. From what I hear the energetic body molds to our thought forms. What seemed to legitimize this account for me though was the boy's reaction when asked "Does reincarnation take place?" The boy responded "well...uh...I honestly don't know!" Such a natural reaction seems to compliment the idea that this account may in fact be real.
When I was talking with a Korean shaman he said that it may be years until a person is reborn.
Personally I do not believe in reincarnation. Instead, my own experiences when working with people that seem to have certain abilities is that we are all One energy and it is because of this that those who are naturally gifted or trained can "peer" so to speak into this cosmic stream that connects us all and withdraw thoughts or feelings from any thing that has an energy signature. Which in retrospect is actually their energy as well. Just as there are those who are born sensitives, shamans, or mediums such as myself, there are those that are born with a connection to a certain persons energy frequency. Many Himalayan yogi's agree with this, at least in part.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock
Evolutionist view: LOL

Christian view: We are born with sin, therefore the spirit will go straight to Hell since it never had a chance to repent.

Freespirit view: The spirit will move to the next available baby. All knowledge is deposited in the deep sub-conscious.

Correction, Christians believe there is an age of accountability so until the child realized what sin was then the child isn't held accountable and won't go to hell.

But that's all BS anyways.

Babies learn while they are in the womb for one, so who's to say they couldn't learn in other condition. Also it's said we are only in our astral plane for 49 days until we are reincarnated.

Hope that helps!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
[quote/]So my question is, can a baby. Basically with the intelligence upon death of a mere squid be able to grow or evolve itself much like a human brain through the years? Or is the energy released upon it's death limited to not much exponential progression at all.

There would be no difference with the baby and the 26 yo. with the doctorate. Once released of the human form in this plane, they would both be aware of "all" already. We are all one consciousness and all of us already know this....but, in this form we experience a kind of amnesia....

~Holly

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Holly N.R.A.]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Holly N.R.A.]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This isn't how it is at all. Both the baby and the 26 year old would turn in their reports and progress would be assessed by the team above them. Its certainly not necessarily true that either would be incarnating again any time soon, nor does it necessitate that they would come here, next time, as they probably had several choices before coming to fine tune certain aspects, or learn lessons, or assist in some way. There is also no guarantee that the 26 year old is the oldest soul, and the wisest between the two. We are not this one body or lifetime, and in fact, it is most likely that only a portion of us is here, while our larger essence and higher self remain outside of the dot matrix altogether.

There is a possibility that for many, this earth has been messed with by Enki and his renegades from ages past, and that this can be like a trap. If so, it is only a trap for a short period of time to the soul, and only for a small portion of our multidimensional beings.

But I imagine that there would be a team that would help from the moment of death for most in any case.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

So how do you know the way it is. I'm sure if you have complete proof of the way it is, it could be scientifically validated.

join