It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take Cover! Sky Lanterns Have Invaded The UK!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well get ready to see red and pink ones, there all over the shops for Valentines day,

So im sure there will be another influx,

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlander2008
Quite a few reports are just lanterns, but I'm sure quite a few aren't. People aren't that dumb....lanterns are now a well known sight in the UK, and have now had huge press coverage also, YET people are still seeing something which in many cases has frightened them and even led them to call the police.

No, people are not "that dumb"... they just make bad whitenesses when it comes to unfamiliar (and even familiar!) objects in the sky, and it's easy to be fooled if you are not aware of the pit-falls.

You all know me fairly well by now I think, and that I am no stranger to this forum, UFO sightings, and have known about Chinese lanterns since they started appearing in ever larger numbers a couple of years back.

I've seen enough Chinese lantern vids to know what they look like, you'd think...

Well, I saw my first in real life last Friday night, and at the time I could not work out what it was!

A few hours later I realized it had been a lantern! Admittedly, I had been out drinking with friends, so that would not have helped my cognitive abilities at the time, but considering the amount of time I've spent reading about these things here on ATS and watching footage of them, the possibility should have at least crossed my mind at the time, and it did not!

As waveguide, phage, and myself have been saying...

well, I don't think it needs repeating... just yet anyway

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Check out the "orbs" in this footage:

new topics

<< 1   >>

join