It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have negative points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In all honesty why would you be bothered if you had negative points or not? I've been there before and can honestly say it never worried me in the slightest. If we start to judge each other on ATS by how many points they have then I think you will see people leaving the forum purely because they are looked down on and not listened too.
My advice would be to speak your mind but be courteous and polite. I don't think you'll go far wrong if you remember that.
Now give me my point for posting right now!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I should AVOID controvery on a conspriacy forum.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Quite the opposite, while this is a conspiracy based forum it differs in that the terms and conditions are set in place to direct members to polite and appropriate conversation. Violations of the T and C result in warning as well as point loss, nobody's perfect but posting quality material is a concern here at ATS, good luck and don't let this setback deter you.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That must have really been a heck of a comment you posted that costs you the massive points deduction.

So what was it that you posted?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I lost a thosand points last night for being sarcastic. I suggested that someone who acted totally obnoxiously and used hate speech had no friends. He in turn complained and I was sensored and lost a thousand points. I am still reeling from the injustice.

I want to make it clear I didn't say anything visious or curse...the debate went something like this

He after much strange behavior : "My friends call me whoever"

Me: "Then I guess nobody calls you whoever."

Moderator decided that was objectionable behavior on my part and took a 1000 points from me.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Guys yall need to remember that you have recourse. If you believe a staff member has treated you unfairly you have every right to file a complaint and ask for a review. I don't suggest doing this if you know you broke the rules and are just trying to get your points back but if you have already spoken to the mod that sent the warning and STILL believe their action to be wrong...file a complaint through your memberCenter. This way all staff members can review and weigh in on the situation. Please be detailed in your complaint and include all correspondence and relevant thread url's.

We all make mistakes and we(the staff) will own up to ours if one is made....on the other hand we expect you to also own up to your mistakes (assuming you honestly made one). If you were in error and got called for it it's best to just own it, learn and move forward.

With that I believe this thread has run it's course.

**Closing

[edit on 1/22/2009 by kinglizard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join