It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Bush: I Can Release Your Records. Don't Like It? Sue.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I can not express how lightened I feel, to have the America back that I once knew and loved!

It is like a million pounds have been lifted off all of our shoulders - life feels much lighter and brighter now.

I really had no idea I would feel this good, to have a "real" President that is about the American people!

Yes, Democracy is once more alive and well .... after being dead for 8 years.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is great and this is the way it should be as long as it doesn't harm the US by giving up secrets(secrets that will benefit other nations) that compromise US secruity. If it's dirty little administration secrets then this is exactly what Americans need. I quick dose of reality in how things truely run and a slap in the face to wake up.

Unfortunally I'm not so sure how this will turn out being Obama himself seems to be keeping his secrets and past history a bit under lock through high paid lawyers. It's a bit hypocritical I think and really goes against his promises of his administration being open.

Although I didn't vote for the man I willing to reserve judgement on him for his first year though I'll be keeping tabs for sure and voicing my concerns with questionable acts. GWB taught me will over the years that being a watch dog is absolutly nessesary..

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What you think that any other President has things that they don't want the world to know? If you do that is pretty ignorant. And after obama is done with his presidency, he will have things to hide as well. Some things should be kept out of the public. It provides a calm America.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son Of Liberty Wow. Maybe I was wrong about this guy. Seems like he's doing a lot of good things, just on his first day.

I'm going to add another star to this post. It is not a good thing to 'drink the Obama koolaid'. It only perpetuates a legacy of blind partisanship and is as harmful as the derision coming from an bitter, unyielding far-right.

But an openness to the chance that this might be a new day...that's all that's needed for the healing to start. And I'm guessing most folks are up for that.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Originally posted by Dramey

now that im done complaining about children back to the topic

obama is off to a good start, im glad things are going this way, but we need to not jump the gun with optimism ...

You've got to start somewhere right? And opening up records is a great idea; I'm all for FOI, but it should be across the board, don't you think? Isn't BHO's administration supposed to be based on "transparency?"

As for "wage caps," that is completely meaningless. Look at the people it applies to : Clinton, Geithner, Emmanuel, et al. These people are all multi-millionaires! Does anyone really believe they accepted these positions for the money? Many took a pay cut when they jumped on board!

Iraq and Gitmo? Both just pushed to the back burner and onto someone else's plate. We've now got 12 to 16 months to see what is really going to change about these two "Orders."

So, I agree, over-optimism at this very early point can have a blinding effect down the line when objectivity will be necessary.

he has a lot to do if he wants to truly implement change

One of the most surprising things, is that BHO seems to have truly p*****d-off some (e.g., Pelosi) who expected far left action right out of the gate. Good, so far.

personally i do care where he was born, because yes right now he is doing the job properly but its a dangerous slope if he truly wasnt born here, it opens the doors to serious issues during the following elections in the future of the USA

You know, I hadn't thought of future implications of the issue, but it certainly invites deeper scrutiny/vetting of candidates, doesn't it?

As for BHO, it's too late now. He's in the Office. Looks like spilled milk at this point.

... so we need to not forget about issues at hand just because hes a good magician with a good slight of hand, just because hes doing alot of good in one hand doesnt mean we should forget he has 2

i may be cynical in this way of thinking, but i think we need to not jump the gun and shower him with praise too early

A critical (some would say jaded) view is absolutely necessary, given what we've seen in the past 16 years or so. Blind devotion will take you to blind alleys. Not where I want to go or see our country go.

(star for your calm, reasoned insight. keep thinking)

jw

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Wow! looks like Obama means business here.
I feel bad for Bush... no I don't

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

As if all Republics are such big friends with Bush right?

Looks can be deceiving. The only reason they isolated him during the election is because they wanted to win. Now that the election is over, the party will be there to support Bush. Many of those Republicans are some of the same ones who helped passed some of the issues you all criticize Bush for.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jerico65
I wonder if Obama thinks this won't come to bite him on the ass when he's leaving office?

Exactly. It'll be interesting if the next POTUS after Obama opens up HIS administration for the world to see. Oh .. talk about fun!

I think it follows pretty naturally that Obama knows he will be held to the same standards he is setting for his predecessor.

The fun is watching the nay-sayers squeal like piggies at every opportunity. I'd give the guy at least a week before calling him down. Jeez...the press gives him a hundred-day honeymoon.

Still, you'd think that somebody would show more interest in shining a light on the past 8 year train wreck than slavering over imagined misdeeds yet to be committed. But hey...that's your call.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
What about Obama's secrets????
"Like hey, where did you come from"?
"Where did all your campaign monies come from"?
"Who ARE your friends"? Really.
He's blinding us with all his good deeds right now BUT let us not FORGOT all the stuff of YESTERDAY - but yes indeed this could indeed be what my crazy mother in law always says.... " what comes around goes around".

Don't be so suck in so quickly, its just been one day.
That is the whole scam.
If it is a scam.
He needs to carry this torch for more than 100 days for it to be WHO he is.
I am not buying the cow or drinking the milk.
I am following my gut and my gut is not buying it. To good to be true at this point.

This could also be something that trickles down to the general public as well.
Do you really want that happening to you? Do you want your private affairs aired publicly - and then possibly be judged?

The media has already put Bush on trial and has sentenced him to life in prison, so this kind of thing would just be a death sentence - especially the way they spin things. Not that the man was prefect - but neither is Obama.
No one is.

That is my .02 worth for you all to chew on.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
What you think that any other President has things that they don't want the world to know? If you do that is pretty ignorant. And after obama is done with his presidency, he will have things to hide as well. Some things should be kept out of the public. It provides a calm America.

anytime the American people want to know something that I or a former President wants to withhold,

If he was planning/expecting on having things he'd want to hide, then can you please answer why he would be trying to "nullify attempts to make the timely release of presidential records more difficult."?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
well as a second step may I suggest - you arrest them two...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1

Heck Obama has been pretty evasive about his past already,

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I'm one of those who wants to see the Cheney documents. His ability to hold his own staff (including who was on it) sacrosanct is contrary to the American ideals of an open government.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
[edit: quoted off-topic content removed]

Absolutely spot on. If Obama goes after George W Bush his father, who still gets briefed by the CIA every morning, will orchestrate an assassination. They did it to Kennedy, it would be a grave mistake to believe they wouldn't do it to Obama.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
the political heads of nations are not beholden to their people, even in democratically-elected nations. they are beholden to each other and their special interests, not the voters. so the idea he might be trying to do a good job for the voters seems unlikely. he's not trying to fix washington, DC., he's juggling trivialities, posturing and playing to an audience. these democrats and republicans at the top, are playing a game of cops and robbers, but behind the scenes they are all buddies and they take turns being the fall guys. none of what you see about partisan this and democrat that, is real. it's all a made for TV drama.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortje
Obama, hope you're not playing a game. Maybe I was wrong about you.

Actions speak louder than words, and so far your actions 'sound' very positive.

Agreed. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I certainly hope that these things pan out to be beneficial to the country.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

Yea, hopefully I was wrong. First day, good so far.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
But Cheney got rid of his secrets, isnt that how he injured himself? suposedly personally carrying boxes of secret docs and bags of cash from the white house....

LMFAO! Yeah he was trolling around in a wheel chair. But yep i believe that what goes around comes around 10x.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Just a thought,if you the people got behind the president on this,then you may have a 'runaway train of truth' on your hands.If it is all just a plan to make the Obama look tough with no substance to it,then the actions of the people could force obama's hand.
Why don't people start demanding action on this issue,get it all over the MSM,could be interesting times ahead..

p.s i'm not american,just an interested spectator.

good luck!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join