It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have found it! I really found it! The Answer! Ill be back soon....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
But seriously, the mods should just pull threads that promise stuff like this. Its a big waste of bandwith and the poster is usually just looking for points....point trolls

And here's the answer - we moderate to the T&C. There's no T&C violation in starting a thread like that. The violation occurs in this instance when it's discovered to be a hoax. Until then, the members have ultimate control over threads like that by.... ignoring them. If you feel a thread is a waste of time, don't post in it. Doing so only exacerbates the problem. And wastes more bandwidth.

Sometimes threads will still afford the opportunity for worthwhile discussion even when they don't start out on a high note. And sometimes we lock threads until the thread starter has provided something worthwhile to make sense to continue.

It's situational and far from an exact science, but since the whole point of a forum is discussion, as long as the discussion is progressing on-topic and compliant with the T&C, we're disinclined to delete or close them.

Hope that makes some sense to someone. It did in my head before I typed it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I have to ask you if you do not mind.

If the first posting in an obviously crazy thread ie, "I am a dog that howls in the night because my alarm rings at 4am and I can prove it!", were to be copied into a thread such as this would it be removed along with the thread originally created by the OP?

Or would this result in an existing thread being closed along with the original?

Hope that makes sense as daft as it may sound

[edit on 21-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if it helps, everything is taken on an individual case basis and only in the rarest of circumstances is any action ever taken without a staff discussion.

The Trash Bin gets a pretty good workout with threads that very few ever see. The truly ridiculous (i.e. "i am a dog") don't last long. Nonsense posts imbedded in a thread are a little more difficult to find without a member alert. Remember, we have thousands of posts a day and there's no way we can monitor every thread real-time. Fortunately, we have a solid core of good members who assist by pointing out the really nonsensical without feeding it.

Hope that answers the question.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

happy B-day neo..

We should def get some of those deleted thread titles on the go

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have a response for this thread. Seriously I do.
My response is logical and well thought out. I can't
say what my official response is to this thread just
yet. But trust me it's good and you will like it.

Once I have run it through spell check I will ask
my co-workers what they think, after this I will
cross check my facts to ensure it is valid and
fair.

After this I will print out, and take that copy and
scan it back in at a low resolution and circle some
things in Photoshop with the red paint tool.

As soon as I finish that I will get back to you and
ask for everyone's assistance on how to upload it
to the board here.

Trust me, my response will be great and brimming
with insight. Stay Tuned!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You notice this but do u also notice the anti semtism, the anti republican, the pro hamas, this site has become a breeding ground for hatred and scum. I am litterally afraid to be a part of this site. The onwers dont sem to care anymore, I am not suggesting snubbing free speech, but common sense can be used to sort thru some of these posts. Hey start a section called "Fringe Beliefs" and stick everything questionable in it. I also hate the fact you can vote something up and but we have no way to vote something down.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe this could become a collection of wastebin timewasting threads for ATS who knows?

I agree that certain threads with no evidence or no media present should be moved to a section or two or even three to keep legitimate threads from being drowned from all the board flooding.

"I think the NWO is the greatest thing in the world!" Now how many threads I have seen that made out of? To make a title like that is begging for points.

Can't they do a search function and just add to the replies?

This points system is killing ATS I think. There shouldn't be any points from replies, kill the points from the replies and such opportunistic , reply-provoking trolling should be reduced.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I will have some information to post reguarding this topic, but I am going to hold out for a few more posts before I spring my world renowend "super spider trap" that is used to catch time travelers. I will need to hear from 10 believers of the "tail of turds" before I share my wealth of knowlege. Those that know about the turd thing please share with the uninformed.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by alienj
[You notice this but do u also notice the anti semtism, the anti republican, the pro hamas, this site has become a breeding ground for hatred and scum.]

Like it or not, all sides of opinions are presented in this site. Your opinions and those of someone's else, and it stays there forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I thought this was going to be a life of brian thread.

And the secret of life IS!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It would seem that this thread stating the some threads are somewhat useless might be considered the same. I suspect most posters here have already discovered the facts about those threads but it does make for chit-chat.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I ALSO HAVE EVERY ANSWER YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF:

They all add up to 42.5 or 0.5 more than I thought they would!

And in my own grandiose, self-congratulatory, not-so-humble,
decidedly not effusive, prideful, boastful and finally
marketing oriented way....I offer the solution to ALL your
problems...which of course isn't quite available yet! - BUT WILL BE
.....REAL SOON NOW.....I can't tell you when but it's almost here
in that programmer sort of way....which could mean next week
or in 2 years.....so I'll let you be the judge of my talent
but you'll have to WAIT A BIT to download the demo!

www.midgrid.com...

It's the software solution with EVERYTHING
AND THE KITCHEN SINK and it's here.....when I damn
well FINISH IT and NOT A MOMENT BEFORE !!!!!!

Otherwise read the brochure and be satisfied that
it's gonna be coming....REAL SOON NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

from

The Harried Programmer
who rules the world...MAYBE !!!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think they do it for attention and to piss people off or get a good laugh. Thank god some have been banned into darkness...

On the other side I think their feeble minds think they have something and then realize all previous thought and supposed evidence is completely flawed upon thinking a little longer on the situation. And then its too late. They don't want to look dumb and act it out even longer and piss more people off and make more people less likely to believe anything and make them naturally more skeptical.

I also think that their posts just aren't thought out completely and then the flaws are pointed out by our large congregation of intertwining ATS minds in which they refuse to accept defeat.

But I still want my turn to get a few blows in.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
We also need a [FAAL] tag... time wasting threads and faal threads drive me loopy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Personal Disclosure: Starred the OP (of this thread) in that completely bunk thread that was linked. OMG!
some people are desperate for attention. What ever happened to those free dating sites I wonder. Its the lack of those sites that have led to desperate loner wannabes
'ing ATS/BTS for attention. Maybe its a conspiracy to dumb down the ATS/BTS population by increasing its
and
demographic. Its turning into a I tell ya!!!

What to do? I say round 'em all up put them in a jet and send them off for a free trip to Hawaii. Spam is popular in Hawaii. So therefore we get rid of the spammers AND the spammers get a free trip to Hawaii. It's win-win for both parties. So EVERYBODY is happy!

(Fact: Every four seconds a can of SPAM is opened.)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

But seriously, the mods should just pull threads that promise stuff like this. Its a big waste of bandwith and the poster is usually just looking for points....point trolls

I agree. Pull the threads and tell the user to re-post when they have all the information they promised.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

You know Cluckerspud, every time I look at your avatar, I get hungry. Is that wrong?

Is that part of the NWO, or is it that the chicken has been "Illuminated" under the heat lamp at Publix until it is a golden brown? Don't know which.

Anyway, I liked your post. I gave you a star. I need to go grab a snack now.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Hahaha, nice.
Get that snack.
Good to see ya again.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There's some guy who's phoned The Alex Jones Show a couple of times in the last two weeks claiming to be Majestic or something, an undercover agent for the CIA, who was the real reason something or other was prevented and not some other guy.

He has the proof, apparently, and is risking his life by coming forward, so he tells me.

Please let him post here so we can give him the Bill Knell treatment.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

when i first saw the title of this thread i said "oh boy, lets see what this idi#@ thinks he found"

when i saw ur avatar and i noticed it was XXXN30 i said, wait a sec this guy doesnt usually post stuff like this, hes more a a logical refined poster

then i read the first post and i couldnt help but clapping and thinking, it was so like him

s & f !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join