It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by haiducul69
Well an interesting thought just crossed my mind and I thought I'd share it to see some opinions.Let's suppose Heaven and Hell do exist just as they are described in the Bible.We all know you go to one or another after you die depending on how you behaved here on Earth.So what if you committed some serious crimes(murder,rape,..) and you want to forget all of them,leave the past behind.You decide to erase all those bad memories through some pills that induce amnesia or even better,with the help of a hypnotist that will program into your mind a new past,fake memories,etc. of you being a good guy.(and place a bomb at his house after that,no evidence to remember who you are,you're still a bad guy then
).Now you are a good man,clean history and to make things even more convincing you move to a new town,new job,change your name,everything making it look like it has always been that way and live out the rest of your life like saint.
Now the question I have is would the NEW YOU still go to Hell,having no knowledge of the sins he had committed?

Good question. I answer only with my opinion so don't ask me to quote or prove.

I was just talking about this to my gf, when we die, the dead are waiting for the second coming of Jesus Christ just as much as the living, it says in the bible, the dead and the living will see him at the same time.

When we die, I personally believe we will automatically remember *EVERY SINGLE EVENT IN OUR EARTHLY LIFE*, we won't have a body anymore, we won't have a brain anymore, our conciousness will be pure spirit or pure energy, our human brain is flawed, it can't remember perfectly, if it did we would never have problems on tests in school, but in the spirit world, some call 'limbo', we will remember *EVERY TINY DETAIL WE EVER EXPERIENCED WHILE ALIVE*, sorry for the all caps I just use them to show a point. We will have full recollection, well almost full recollection. We will still not remember the war in heaven, you were there.

We will remember the war in heaven after the 1,000 years in which Jesus reigns on earth as King of Kings, the reason we won't remember the war in heaven (our lives before we were born), is so people can still choose to accept or reject Jesus. Faith won't really be as easy to have when Jesus is sitting before you, but some people will still reject him, freedom to choose is a gift from God.

The only people going to hell, are going to be people that choose to go there, nobody will go to hell if they accept Jesus even if they did commit horrible crimes in their lifetime, but there are degrees of enlightenment, and there are degrees of heaven.

I do not claim to know everything, I don't know if we can evolve within heaven to reach the next heaven, this seems possible but it may be fixed forever for all I know, the actions we make we must be accountable for... I just know that there are probably degrees of heaven, I would suspect mentally challenged people automatically go to the highest heaven whether they were baptized or not, because they are innocent.

Here's an example I can find of a reference to more than one heaven made by Paul the apostle of Christ.

2 Corinthians 12:2 "I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such an one caught up to the third heaven."

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by haiducul69
Well an interesting thought just crossed my mind and I thought I'd share it to see some opinions.Let's suppose Heaven and Hell do exist just as they are described in the Bible.We all know you go to one or another after you die depending on how you behaved here on Earth.So what if you committed some serious crimes(murder,rape,..) and you want to forget all of them,leave the past behind.You decide to erase all those bad memories through some pills that induce amnesia or even better,with the help of a hypnotist that will program into your mind a new past,fake memories,etc. of you being a good guy.(and place a bomb at his house after that,no evidence to remember who you are,you're still a bad guy then
).Now you are a good man,clean history and to make things even more convincing you move to a new town,new job,change your name,everything making it look like it has always been that way and live out the rest of your life like saint.
Now the question I have is would the NEW YOU still go to Hell,having no knowledge of the sins he had committed?

If you leave out the "amnesia" part, the rest is called repentance. It's a key part of being saved by Christ's grace.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Its not what you do that makes you a good person, but who you are. The only bad people that can possibly exist are those who are aware of the devine love within themselvs as it is throughout the entire universe, but deny it to persue their own greed and desires.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If I go according to Christianity as it is being preached:

No matter what you did before, you are judged according to your behaviour when you die. So, we have the following situations:

1. Joe is a convicted child-rapist and murderer. He gets visited by a priest and he successfully converts before his execution. He goes to Heaven.

2. Reggie lives a good life as a Christian, but the last week before his death has a moment of weakness and gets seduced by a young nymphette. He cheats on his wife and child and kills himself in remorse. He goes straight to Hell.

That is what Christianity preaches. ALL will be forgiven. No matter WHAT you have done before, if you become born again you will go to Heaven. If you are judged on what you've done before then what's the point of converting and preaching to people to become born again?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
You did not mention in your OP about only a Christian viewpoint.
As I am not a Christian, I cannot comment any further.

I did not say you had to be a Christian to say your opinion,I just said you had to analyze the problem from a Christian viewpoint,where you go to Heaven or Hell depending on your behaviour on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join