It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will change your mind about Obama?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

I have to repectfully disagree; this is not a legal and constitutional government. Starting with the Kenyan Communist as POTUS, and on to other possible illegal aliens in Congress like he was, and down to judges who disreguard law, and do what ever they want. Then down to law disenforcement, the school bullies from your school days who now write tickets for things you did not do, to raise taxes for paying their 40% over private sector level jobs. Or shoot you if it suits them, then plant 'cleaned' guns on you, pretending they found it on you.
All this crap going on will come to the forefront during a Soetoro administration, and there will probably be blood in the streets. (Buy, buy!) And then a prince will come out as the only one who can handle the world situation, and the people still alive in the US will gladly join his World Government. World? Not including China or Russia, and probably a few others. How can they fight in the mideast if they are all on the same side? Then they turn the weapons on the 'alien/angel' invasion force, and they try to combat God.
What would change my mind about Barry is if he were to produce his birthcertificate, and not necessarily to me but to a judge or Congress, and have it validated as to authenticity. And he would need to publically apologize to his colleges for lying on their apps about his foreign birth. And also I agree with others that the IRS, the Fed, Homeland Security all need to go, and return us to the gold standard. Not going to happen. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I think it is funny what you said about his wife. I call her Lady Bad (Lady Bird?).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

I think it is funny what you said about his wife. I call her Lady Bad (Lady Bird?).

hahahaha.

If you ask me, she looks like the Predator.
"Your one ugly mother...."

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

As a Moderate who does not trust either Party, I would warn you to not let your Partisanship lead you to blindly defend everything he does.

For now I pray he does a great job and I hope he is the real thing. As a sensible person, I like to think, the jury is still out.

His Moderate appointments I find encouraging and I'm waiting to see if he ends up being Pelosi's lap dog. If he stands up to Pelosi my opinion meter will jump from neutral to the possitive side. If he is a Pelosi lap dog, I'll prepare for hard times.

One of the problems is that to many never learn and have labeled him a success before he has even done anything. On the other side of that coin, many have also closed their minds to him.

I think I'll continue to be supportive and give him my best wishes while still keeping my guard up and realizing he is a professional politician and as such should be viewed with skepticism.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So your dislike for man goes no further than the stuff being speculated among the rightwing blogs? What a shame.. the man is yet to start his term and theres no way you will give him a chance... all based on hollow accusations.... Well I guess its to be expected from some.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
As a Moderate who does not trust either Party, I would warn you to not let your Partisanship lead you to blindly defend everything he does.

Hey Blaine I totally agree with what you say.. and I assure you that I will know allow my partisanship to cover his ass constantly like many others have done for the last president.. Although he is yet to start his term and I think Ill give him a year or two before...

For now I pray he does a great job and I hope he is the real thing. As a sensible person, I like to think, the jury is still out.

Thats very good to hear, agreed.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What will change my mind about him?

1) Come up with a ridiculously amazing plan in the Middle East which will get America and NATO out of the region (with out using Nukes cause my opinion of him will be even worse
)

2) I want to see his spend spend spend policies work and actually get the country out of the recession.

3) Cut ties with Israel (don't be so buddy-buddy with them is what I mean) and fix your relationship with Canada and the EU- your real allies.

4) Make something out of his Presidency.

5) Live up to his hype.

And as tankthinker said, you know he did a good job if he's assasinated.

This guy is really going to ruin the country (US$ will be worthless once he's done and chaos will ensue).

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey SG, if you're going to keep saying things like "awe come one now he isn't even president yet and you are complaining about this or that"

If you don't like the kind of answers we give before he is president, then don't ask us what we think until after he becomes President.

That will make it less damaging for you when we say "I told ya so" I said this before he was elected that he would do this"

The guy is a re'n-word' (no pun) that is he reniggs on so many promised conditions without so much as an excuse. He has even done that giving his word to his colleagues in the senate. What makes you think he will have any reservations doing it to us. He speaks out both sides of his mouth and can be tied to more lies than Bush already being a preview for what is to come. How you guys voted for this man Ill never know but when the crap hits the fan, Ill be right back here telling you all

I TOLD YA SO

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Im sorry? What was that? Right wing? Oh let me guess, I have to be a right winger to think that heis not fit to sitin that chair? Im a right winger because I pay attention to whats going on in the world? Oh wait, I must be a right winger cause I am not blind? This is your thread, you asked, if you cant handle someones answer than you should just shut up and move on.
I think you started this thread just to feed the fire, and thats why I used gasoline. Im not one of those "OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! type of people, sorry, he has not done anything yet for me to worship him the way you do. You just worship him because all of the other idiots are. Kind of like a bandwagoner.

Oh and for your information, Im not a republican.
=)

Next time you post a thread, make sure you can handle the response.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Im sorry? What was that? Right wing? Oh let me guess, I have to be a right winger to think that heis not fit to sitin that chair? Im a right winger because I pay attention to whats going on in the world? Oh wait, I must be a right winger cause I am not blind?

You dont have to be a rightwinger to believe in the garbage being posted in these rightwing propaganda sites... where about 95% of these accusations come from. I didnt call you a rightwinger.

As for labelling yourself as not blind, Im sure plenty of folks considered themselves alot of things in the past... doesnt make it so.

This is your thread, you asked, if you cant handle someones answer than you should just shut up and move on.

This is my thread.. correct... and in this thread the main question was "What will change your mind about Obama". And in the OP I specifically requested that people dont go off about why they dont like the man or what they have personal issues with.... I requested answers about what Obama can do... policy and economic wise.... to change your opinion or mindset about him.

It is rather evident that you could not handle my simple request above and instead decided to go off about what rumors you believe about the guy and why you hate him. If you cannot answer this simple question then you are pure example of those who have no real reason to oppose Obama other than for personal reasons.

I think you started this thread just to feed the fire

Tell me where exactly in my original post did i "feed fire"... I think your starting the fire yourself. You are a pure example of some of the members here who just come online to bicker, not to have a serious political debate regarding the issues relevant to america. Maybe you should reconsider the way you see things...

Im not one of those "OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! type of people,

Yes yes yes, lord knows the only people like that were from the Obama side. Heaven forbid such supporters for Palin or Bush back in 2000... how about Reagan?... you seen "jesus camp"? I think it shows this type of fanatical and relgious worship of candidates from the right aswell. Even Ron Paul has his fanatical "paul paul paul why didnt they pick paul" folk...

It goes both ways... all parties, all ideologies... and I think its unfair.. and very partisan of you to look at it to one side.

sorry, he has not done anything yet for me to worship him

Exactly, he is yet to do anything. He is yet to start his term, he is yet to be judged on what you folks have been accusing him of, he is yet to evidently bring this nation further into the holes like the last administration... maybe you should wait a year or two before you start... you know.. worshipping.... or acting like you are now.

You just worship him because all of the other idiots are. Kind of like a bandwagoner.

Right... just continue to generalize everybody. Gee...

Oh and for your information, Im not a republican.
=)

If I had a nickle...

You dont have to be a republican to believe in the crap being spread around the net and... well what ever crowd you found yourself in. Heck I didnt even call you a republican did I? Calm down there boy.

make sure you can handle the response.

Yes.... lord knows you handled it well.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
roflmao. You sound so bent out of shape it isnt even funny.
You asked what wouldmake me changemy mind about Obama....and I told you the only thing that can change my mind about Obama, is if Obama changed Obama. I also told you that he has to prove he aint the guy he represents himself to be, he has changed his views on almost every one of his policies.
"If I had a nickel
" - you
You cant accept the fact that I am not a republican.Why? cause I dont care for Obama? I HAVE to be a republican cause I dontlike Obama is what you are saying.
IF i was a republican, you think I would lie about it to someone like you? hahaha. You aint that important, sorry to bust your bubble.
Like I said, if you dontlike peoples answers, just ignore them. =)

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

lol im canadian so nothing they can really do

unless i decide to go down to the states for the inauguration

Well I guess the US has never gone to another country and
picked up some one for questioning at a secret prison...

Not saying it will happen to you, but I'd not push my luck with
these ppl these days, they seriously lack a sense of humor.

As an ex-military member, an ex-civilian contractor I can assure
you bad things have happened to good ppl just from simple
stupid mistakes and ppl shooting their mouths off.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am not against Obama. I did vote for McCain but I'm not sure if I had it to do over that's what I would still do. To be honest, I'm not sure I would have voted at all at this point.

My gripe about Obama politics. He says he's for transparency in government and answering our questions. But yet, he refuses to answer our questions about HIMSELF. You know, I seriously, would truly LOVE for him to show his birth certificate and prove once and for all that he is what he says he is. I would support him full heartedly if he did that. I have a real problem with him ONLY because he REFUSES to answer the citizens of the country he's supposed to be leading. Actually, because of this one sticking point, I have no faith at all that anything, ANYTHING will change!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
him voting to bann partial birth abortion...to me, with all the protection out there in america readily available and easy to get a hold of, there really should be no need for abortion, rape only accounts for 2% and they have the morning after pill for those circumstances, which keeps the egg from even implanting in the uterus to begin with, medical reasons I could see, but only legitamate ones, right now, its so obscure that a doctor could list a medical defect as a medical reason for abortion (and not just any medical defect, but something as small as a third nipple if they so chose) but there really, really is no reason what so ever a need for partial birth abortions, so if we could go back in time and have him to vote on the bann for partial birth abortions instead of voting against it 3 times, even after he was on the commitee to rewrite the bill, then I'd be okay with him.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
him voting to bann partial birth abortion...to me, with all the protection out there in america readily available and easy to get a hold of, there really should be no need for abortion, rape only accounts for 2% and they have the morning after pill for those circumstances, which keeps the egg from even implanting in the uterus to begin with, medical reasons I could see, but only legitamate ones, right now, its so obscure that a doctor could list a medical defect as a medical reason for abortion (and not just any medical defect, but something as small as a third nipple if they so chose) but there really, really is no reason what so ever a need for partial birth abortions, so if we could go back in time and have him to vote on the bann for partial birth abortions instead of voting against it 3 times, even after he was on the commitee to rewrite the bill, then I'd be okay with him.

I so much agree to what you say.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by paisley101

I think that part failed already

www.change.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Obama is a bigot, pure and simple. His "preacher" says "god damn america".

The guy is a very good speaker (unusually so for a lawyer), but it is bigoted hate and lies. He is the black version of Hitler.

Are you a moron? Or just naive beyond all belief?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The beauty of the election process is even if my "candidate" loses (not making any reference), I can still come out ahead if the winner does good during his presidency (obviously)!

I would just like to say now that Obama is president I will support him. I will not hate one until that one has given hate (or stupidity).

What do I want from Obama? Not much. The honesty he promised. Nothing more will make me cringe when I hear him say something along the lines of a country containing WMD's for the sake of going to war. Even though many people can not stand the cold truth, an honest explanation would of likely gotten my support.

So, on top of honesty I might as well throw in a fix to the current economic situation while switching our dependence on foreign oil to renewable energy made here in the USA. I would also be happy if funding to space programs remained constant or increased.

There is a reason he became president without my initial support so whatever he must do to stay true to his followers and all Americans.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamo

This is it, these are the majors issues of our time.
It's good to be around like minds amidst all the Obamamania!

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Amelie]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Actually he will fail because he has more in common with those that have agendas that will make the economy worse off, no I don't want this but maybe it will become obvious around the end of this year and then it will get even worse. You can read why the NWO will fail over at my thread Social construction of the NWO

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join