It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New loan program seeks to aid Mexican workers returning home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

New loan program seeks to aid Mexican workers returning home

www.statesman.com

The Mexican government is launching a loan program to help its returning citizens whose American dreams have been dashed by the faltering U.S. economy.

It is offering Mexicans who are leaving because they can no longer find jobs here the chance to apply for loans to jump-start business ventures in their native country.

"These monies are available so that they don't go home empty-handed and so that they can start their own businesses when they return," said Maria Dolores Gonzalez Sanchez
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Oh man, I am so glad that the Mexican government is going to step up and help these poor people, after the Americans and their evil government "dashed" their "American dreams".

How simply terrible of those evil Americans to have made the illegal Mexicans have to deal with existence in a failing economy and job market.

So sorry we could not have done more to accomodate your "American dreams". Just glad the Mexican government will be there to save you from having to go down with the rest of us.

www.statesman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I wonder just what epiphany-moment the Mexican Congress had
to suddenly get magnamimous with the peons??

perhaps a USA money infusion for the purpose of attracting peons
back to their nation is at the root of this new program...

it would be worthwhile reasearch, to find out how this program developed

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Only if the Mexican government and Latin America had used their money in an uncorrupt manner in the first place to create commerce, viable businesses and an economy that could actually support it's own people so they do not have to come to the United States in such disproportion to other foreigners than any other group seeking a piece of the American Dream.

I believe that taking advantage of the shared border and coming illegally does a diservice to those that choose to do it the right way, get citizenship an education and marketable skills, I guarantee the ones that did it that way did not have to go back, those law abiding citizens are actually capable of coping with life here.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I just avoided a complete vapor-lock. When I read the title of the post, my first reaction was the the US government was offering the loans! The fact that I would even believe this could be possible is troubling to say the least.

I do know that many Mexicans are going home. I have a friend who is Mexican here legally who runs a construction/handyman kind of business and he recently told me that many Mexicans are returning due to a lack of work. The construction business is dead at the moment and with money being so much tighter, things like lawn care and the like are being done by home owners now when they used to hire someone to do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan
I just avoided a complete vapor-lock. When I read the title of the post, my first reaction was the the US government was offering the loans! The fact that I would even believe this could be possible is troubling to say the least.

WOW!! The fact that I wouldn't put it past our government to be the one offering up the loans, either... Well, your post seriously made me laugh, a lot. And, that's definitely troubling that I feel the same lack of trust for government.
They seem to be bailing out everyone at our expense already anyway, why not include illegals that are having a hard time?

To be honest, I would not even be surprised if that happened, at the slightest.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I'm over the pounding in the temples now. Two things will be interesting.

1. will the illegals who are going home have a tougher time getting back in with the new border laws once things get better? doubt it

2. what the hell will the building industry do once the economy picks up and there are no workers? I built a house about 5 years and probably 80% of the labor was Mexican. Good dudes and good quality work. In fact the only substandard work I had to deal with was the work done by Americans who were obviously on their second spliff by the time they started the job and were also the only folks who would "vanish" for days at a time.

new topics

top topics

join