It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

admit it, you miss the hoaxers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
this board is dying... not much new stuff on area 51 lately. kinda sad. i still make my camping trips there, still fun. but the lack of news is disappointing. i almost miss the people who would claim to be from area 51 and come on and post on here. one was very convincing. anyone else miss the fun of trying to debunk? i know its cool to say you hate the hoaxers, but at least the ruffle the feathers and liven this place up a lil.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I don't miss the hoaxers. [I see the weather forecaster didn't stick around long after I shot a few holes in his post.]

I'm going to start another thread on the Nellis intruder. though I'm not 100% sure it is a legit topic. So check the net if the thread gets killed.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
this board is dying... not much new stuff on area 51 lately. kinda sad. i still make my camping trips there, still fun. but the lack of news is disappointing. i almost miss the people who would claim to be from area 51 and come on and post on here. one was very convincing. anyone else miss the fun of trying to debunk? i know its cool to say you hate the hoaxers, but at least the ruffle the feathers and liven this place up a lil.

You only registered in '08 You have no idea what it was like a few years back.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WaxPineapple

Some of us that registered in 2008 have been coming here for far longer.

I've had at least 3 accounts over the years which I forgot the password ... or even the email address attached to them. Lost forever.

I'll let the OP speak for his/her self, but at least be mindful of the fact the join date on the account has little to do with how long someone may have been coming to these forums.

Sure, you've been around before the Skunk Works came online, but have you been around long enough to remember the green logo and the tagline "Uncovering Government Conspiracies"?

Just because you're account is from 2005 doesn't mean I assume that was the first time you've been to the site.

Cheers!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by cogburn]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It certainly isn't as mad as it used to be

Well, the topics that I personally find interesting enough to post on have gotten less and less.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Aren't there science fiction books/movies/forums dedicated to this type of thing?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I absolutely do not miss the hoaxers.

They waste time and resources.

Well .. the well thought out hoaxers do.

The pathetic ones just provide a break in the day for everyone to pig-pile on and smack around.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
... if you want something to dig your teeth into, go look for the undergroundbases instead ...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The problem is now that the Air Force acknowledges the existence of Area 51, there is less mystery about it. We know it is a test facility. The other supposed facilities are pure conjecture with no fact backing them up. Until there is something substantial, the other locations will just be rumored.

As for the hoaxes, no more! They take up way too much space, and they are more than likely teens out of school laughing with their buddies at the tin foil hat crowd eating the stuff up. Too many people immediately believe what is written here as the Gospel Truth without any type of vetting or questions.

Every once in awhile, someone does have an interesting post here about a former or hidden installation in plain view. Those are interesting threads, especially ones that are close enough to investigate for one self.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Yeah. ATS is dying in many other sub forums.
Nothing but obama mania and political crap.
Im so tired of it.

But what I really think is ATS has been so focused on denying ignorance that anything remotely obscure or new is body slammed by the members who dont even give the OP a chance because he forgot to indent his paragraph.

The deny everyone elses ignorance but my own mentality of ATS is what over time will bring it down.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So... why don't YOU start a thread and liven things up a bit around here then? We make the threads to entertain each other - the hoaxers are not entertaining. The hoaxers waste time, and internet space.

You want livlier threads and interesting topics? Then Pick one, and start a thread...

- Carrot

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by n0b0DY

The reason ATSers are all over the OP is because of the many hoaxers. If there were no hoaxers, then the people and their experiences would be given a chance. I am one to read the experience with an open mind. If I spot an error (not grammar related), a red flag is raised and I scrutinize the story further. Two or more errors means likely hoax.

An extraordinary claim requires a lot of evidence to back it up. A person's word is not enough to make the claim true. The claim may be the truth, but given all the hoaxes and charlatans out there, that chance is very low.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
hoaxers crave attention, that's why they hoax.

with the world as it is, with so many NWO conspiracy theories moving from skunkworks to CNN and the insanity of the body politik, the easiest route to attention is by saying something ridiculous and inflammatory related to those subjects.

on one hand, i miss a time when an area51 hoax was more interesting than real life, on the other, screw area51, look at this!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi Bknapple.

I've come here maybe 4 times in the past 6 months, and its growing less and less. It was a bummer to see the page be almost empty of any stories whatsoever. I almost cried conspiracy then!
"The NSA took mah stories cuz there doin sumthin in teh desert wif airplaynez!!!" (Yes, I really talk like that in my head.)

But miss the hoaxers? No.
I'd rather the board be "bald" for a year.

I've taken the time to find love on other boards here in ATS.

new topics

top topics

join