It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military report warns sudden collapse of Mexico is possible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

your words bring tears to my eyes. Somebody else who recognizes that 12 million illegals are wrecking the economy of 300 million. It is what the government wants you to believe so they can take the pressure off their own incompetency.

Starred

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It's just...

There are Americans and Canadians who have lives that are very clean and nice and decent... Canada larger than Europe lol has 38 Million people and 38 Billion trees

But the reality is, we need to Compete with The EU, China, India, Possibly a United Middle East one day... ( it's the only reason we don't leave Iraq...we know Iran will form a very large Islamic State)

People will come... In America, people are coming

Canada should... Have that say in OUR vote if Canadians know whats good for them, because if America fractures or falls or just imports the wrong people, they will one day be knocking on a Canadian door anyway...

If you think in Canada some Americans are Retarded... well, right now we decide if you live or die, we run the defense... If we start WW3, your cities get Nuked... by being a UNION with America... that's a 38 million person swing vote to sanity a SAY in what happens as a continent in your futures...

Likewise... Mexicans are coming to the USA and Into Canada no matter what we do

This is the future of our Continent

2 choices, push the Mexicans back into Mexico... fight that fight have WAR forever... hatred, old issues, resentments and poverty on this continent

or... Welcome them, be nice, accept that they live here...

We don't need to be rotten to these people, they are here, we can create another palestine/Israel situation south of the American border for the Next 200 years

OR

we can all realize that if we embrace and help this ONE, small nation... we can have peace on this continent literally for all our History

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Both perspectives need to be taught. Nothing should be left out to lean one way or another. History should be taught as history. I know schools in America have a problem with this too, claiming we won WW2. The Soviets won the war in Europe. We won the war in the Pacific.

At LSU the history classes have been brutally honest on the other hand and not afraid to criticize or blast popular belief in regards to events. All schools should teach history like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Amen, we messed up the economy by living off Credit... Us as a people, Our Government AND our Corporations...

and aside from, a few years, maybe a decade of not being complete Materialists about everything, it's not going to hurt a Nation like America, we have a ton of Land we supply 35% of the worlds food and our Power is for a large part Nuclear...

People go bankrupt... so do Countries, it's called tightening your belt

America can never become "3rd world" because despite everything 20% of us are still seriously educated and we have the hardware and infrastructure intact and no one can take it away

The Panic we are in is LAUGHABLE

Our biggest worry... Our "Border situation"

It's Mexicans for crying out loud!

It's not a threat, Mexicans don't come equipped with a mandatory way of life or religion they will enforce... Even the Ethnic Mix isn't an issue...

If a Mexican marries a Caucasian.. you get a 1/4 Native, 3/4 European Child part catholic/ part Christian most likely

Are any of us that Racist where this is a major cultural problem ethnically for the make up of our country? WTF... lol, I can be biggoted but against different cultures lol, people who would change my way of life...

Speaking Spanish and broken English hardly qualifies as a major Cultural impasse in my book

I hear some of the craziest stuff about why Mexican immigration is bad...

1: They use our hospitals and it costs my money

yeah, then they get better and work and buy crap in your neighborhood

2: They bring diseases

Then wouldn't it be nice to get the CDC and our med teams into the country on a permanent basis before something really nasty gets loose?

3: They sell drugs

lol, only because we gave them value by making them illegal, ditto for drug gangs

4: there are groups that want to take back America

Out numbered 1,000 to 1 by people who want to BE American

We can be the Only continent to NEVER again suffer blood shed, revolution and be be completely independent from the World on Energy and food

Oh wait...we might have to economically prop up those Mexicans lol..... awwww such a price to pay for the safest continent on the Planet

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Oh wait...we might have to economically prop up those Mexicans lol..... awwww such a price to pay for the safest continent on the Planet

Isn't like we haven't bailed them out before? Even made some money off the loan.

Three years before its deadline Mexico repaid its loans from the United States in total with interest.

www.accessmylibrary.com...

I also agree that the three countries uniting would be beneficial to compete in the world.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Associate Press picked up the same story the OP posted (though re-worked a bit). You can read it here.

Here's the hook the AP article uses:

Indiscriminate kidnappings. Nearly daily beheadings. Gangs that mock and kill government agents.

This isn't Iraq or Pakistan. It's Mexico, which the U.S. government and a growing number of experts say is becoming one of the world's biggest security risks.

They also quoted CIA chief Michael Hayden saying that "Mexico could rank alongside Iran as a challenge for Obama — perhaps a greater problem than Iraq." What are the odds the US would actually invade Mexico if it became a "failed state" right on our border?

I can honestly say i didn't see anything like this coming a year ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I notice this story isn't getting much attention in the main stream press. I would think that Mexico should be important to U.S. media. I see Mexican stability as very important to the U.S. as well as Central America and all of Latin America. Without the drug wars, corruption in law enforcement could be cleaned up, and that would make Mexico and other Latin America countries good places to start a small manufacturing business.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
i thought this might be interesting for this thread..

If Mexican drug violence spills across the U.S. border, Homeland Security officials say they have a contingency plan to assist border areas that includes bringing in the military.

"It's a common sense extension of our continued work with our state, local, and tribal partners in securing the southwest border," DHS spokeswoman Amy Kudwa said Friday.

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, who described the contingency plan in an interview with The New York Times this week, said he ordered specific plans to be drawn up this summer as violence in Mexico continued to mount.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Honestly I think if Mexico failed the first thing Obama would do is position troops on the US border. That is something that most americans would support. Obama will use military force for the right reasons. I live in Houston, and the last thing I want to see is more illegals, who drive on our roads, don't buy insurance, and don't pay taxes. My insurance rates have gone up 20% just to cover the increase in uninsured drivers.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Theory: any numbers of letter-soup agency representatives from the land of the brave is instigating the instabilities to provide further leverage for the by the cabal wanted North American Union (with the Amero currency, of course), consisting of Mexico, US and Canada.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have been pondering this news for a few days now and comparing it to other articles.
First of all the Mexican peoples who have come here to work have done so because they can't find work at home. They needed to support their families and there "was" jobs here. Over the years their comunitys here has grown to several millions of people. Now in our current state of affairs our economy is in dire straights and jobs are evaporating like fog on a hot day.
Now what are these people to do other than go home in a mass exodus. Now the Mexican Governement already has their hands full with the insane drug cartels, their resources have been stretched thin just trying to keep people safe at home as it is. Now what is going to happen when all these millions of people who have NO work at all have to go home to their families. That is going to be such a massive strain that it could finish off their governement within a week tops.
I am thinking that perhaps the mass of Mexican army and UN officers all along the borders between the US and Mexico is perhaps a way to make the influx a much slower one and give them time to place people in safe areas where they aren't going to get killed or kidnapped by the cartels on the way in. OR on the really bad unheard of side they are preventing them from going back home period.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

They already sent some of those guys over to south Arizona and southern Texas. I know a lady who lives in Arizona and my sis left Texas over it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Yes and there's another possible outcome: if Mexico collapses into a failed state before there's a rush back to Mexico, then suddenly the 11+million "undocumented workers" in the US instantly become "political refugees" seeking and applying for asylum.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Has it ever occurred to any of you that OUR government has been covertly undermining the stabilization of Mexico for decades?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FightLies

Originally posted by Erasurehead
There would be millions of Mexican streaming across the border looking for a better life.

sorry to be the bringer of bad news but thats been happening for years.

But I see what your saying and yeah this would be bad.

sounds like a start to a NORTH AMERICAN UNION?

Oh man, that is sad but true. It HAS been happening for years.

Anywho, like you I understand what the OP is saying and I agree, it would be bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
im sorry to tell you that america hasnt been a democratic republic since the end of ww2. but hey thats what you get for inviting ex nazis to live in your country,give then positions of power then fall asleep and let them by stealth take control.Eisenhower warned of this but it was to late because even by the early fifties they were in control thru your military .

America is not a democracy.

It is a democratic republic.

We elect officials who are "supposed" to vote for what we want for us.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Has it ever occurred to any of you that OUR government has been covertly undermining the stabilization of Mexico for decades?

You're absolutely right. The US has been undermining the stability of Mexico for the past 150 years. But hey, nobody likes to admit it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
More bad news for Mexico's economy today:

The money sent home by Mexican migrants fell in 2008 for the first time on record, Mexico's central bank said Tuesday — part of a global trend that could worsen as emigrants from developing countries lose jobs in the global financial crisis.

Remittances, Mexico's second-largest source of foreign income after oil, plunged 3.6 percent to $25 billion in 2008 compared to $26 billion for the previous year, the central bank said.

Less money coming in from workers abroad and check oil prices knock out their two biggest sources of foreign income. Not a surprise, in light of the global economic situation...but it still influences (negatively) the strength of the Mexican gov't.

Newstory source.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join