It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 years old and ready to death 4 Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Day after day, this so-called elected leader are looking much more like Hitler.

Hitler had his Hitler Jugend Panzer Divizion, Saddam has his own " little soldiers ".

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Instead of Hitlers youth,we have Saddams youth.

I suppose being forced into the military is better than taking a bath in acid.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yes, they can't chose. But I think that they want to join the Saddam Army.When you're a brainwashed kid, you are allways ready to die for your dear tyrant.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Right I`m not advocating what Saddams doing, I think its wrong but even in this country we have cadet forces where people of a young age are taken through military training? The differences I see are the rheotoric invloved by the Government (saddam), the way they are perhaps froced in to it and a younger minimum age. You may see these as major differences but NO ONE of this kind of age should have to go through this whatever age they are.

Saddams Lions cubs sounds a bit Disney

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
recognize the CNN logo, so they'll know who to surrender to...

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini

but even in this country we have cadet forces where people of a young age are taken through military training?

I know, I was 17 years old when I joined the NATO Army.

Left----right-----left-----right---left....STAND UP AND FIGHT ULTRA_PHOENIX !!! ( Master Sarge shouting voice )

SIR YES SIR !!! BUT SIR,MAY I GO TO THE TOILET FIRST SIR ? ( Poor U.P frightened voice )

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Cass. there is no mandatory military training in this country(USA). I believe you are thinking of Junior ROTC which is on a completely voluntary basis. After that is the true ROTC which is normally at University level but also NEVER mandatory. I think that is a good thing actually. As someone posted a few days ago, I would rather have willing soldiers than conscripts fighting for my country.

Personally, I have not served in the military since I'm a bit of a rebel and don't react well to someone screaming in my face.

I AM on the other hand a part of the militia to help defend the country in case of the need, meaning, armed and ready to fight invaders.( That ought to boil Lupe a bit
)

In conclusion, mandatory military service results in troops surrendering to journalists and losing wars. I like the idea of winning with the best in stead.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
"The differences I see blah blah... the way they are perhaps forced in to it" thought I`d said it through implication but anyway I know its not mandatory. We have something here called the CCF as well which are cadet forces run through schools, and had part-take if this horrible nightmare myself, well only kind of since me and my friends used skip it and go down the pub instead

"I would rather have willing soldiers than conscripts fighting for my country." Well done for whoever said it I quite agree

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What is the CCF? Never heard of it and My son is a junior in High School. What is it?

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Something we have in the UK its called the Combined Cadet Force. They generally set you up in to different platoons, we had one large normal infantry platoon an Engineers platoon (one i was in) and I think there was another couple of variations as well but can`t remember what they were.

Its probably alot of fun if you are in to that kind of thing. We got sent off to army barracks for training on occassion, helicopter rides, army guys down every week. Everyone took it quite seriously apart from us, we even had a hard as nails Staff sergeant from the Engineer corps who used to come and find us down the pub when we were skipping it. Did n`t take long to persuade him we were better off down the pub playing pool rather than him teaching us about mines when we were n`t interested.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
OK, sorry. I thought you were a yank
That really doesn't suprise me though....you are a relatively small country. As such, most countries the size of the UK (or is it Great Britain now? Hard to keep track
) need to have compulsory military training. I truly wish it were otherwise but, hey, welcome to the 21st century (just like the last 30 or so) People will kill each other and nations need to fight for a spot in the world.
With any luck that may change in a few generations....

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Does anyone know the age for the draft if it comes around again or does it change if they pass it again. Also look at the 10yr. olds that fought in OMG i cant remember the name of the country u know the place for BLACK HAWK DOWN. I read that the kids started as early as 10. Also afganistan they train there kids to shoot as soon as they are able they are able.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

I don't react well to someone screaming in my face.

Fry2, NOBODY react well in this case. That's why military instructors do it !
It will help you to control your nerves when you'll be in troubles.

join