It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid ~ East Wall QC art discovered ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
A recent thread at the Hall of Ma'at by Pistol

Inscribed Images may have been discovered inside the Great Pyramid on the east wall of the Queen's chamber.

By Bryan A. Hokom © 2008

Egyptian art work?

In late 1999 the SCA (Supreme Counsel of Antiquities) closed the Great Pyramid for restoration in an extraordinary effort to remove many centuries’ worth of graffiti and soot from all of the interior passages and chambers and also to repair various cracks found in some blocks of stone. Consequently all of the critical evaluations of the chamber, done before the 1999 SCA restoration, were each performed with volumes of graffiti and soot covering the actual surface of the walls, essentially hiding details which more than likely would have caught someone’s attention long ago.

In 1646 John Greaves published “Pyramidographia: A description of the Pyramids in Egypt”, in his publication Mr. Greaves describes what he found inside the Queen’s Chamber as debris and stucco. It’s anyone’s guess what Mr. Greaves meant as debris; it’s tenuously possible that he may have been referring to broken pieces of the sarcophagus referenced by Edrisi.

[edit on 10/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
wow thanks for the info

im amazed that someone could actually enhance the photos so well to actually determine what was drawn

and yes the drawings actually look very very old

im not sure what to make of it yet, im gonna keep reading more about this

i would really like to see them restore the entire area

Do you think they stopped restoration because they realized there was very old drawings on the wall? and it was terribly embarassing because if the drawings predate "accepted egyptology" then we would have to rewrite our "history of the pyramids"

what are your thoughts on that?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hans: I'm not fully convince there is actually anything there. Reminds me of the people who stare at Mars photographs and see faces and cities. I remain skeptical.

Do you think they stopped restoration because they realized there was very old drawings on the wall?

AFAIK the restoration and improvements in the electrical and other systems were completed. I've not seen this type of report/claim before. Harte, Byrd,Cormac and Essan or more clued in on the currents in Egyptology, we'll await their comments.

and it was terribly embarassing because if the drawings predate "accepted egyptology" then we would have to rewrite our "history of the pyramids"

Hans: Nope the images people are claiming they see are those used by the Egyptians themselves - I think you may have read a few to many fringe books and websites Muzzlefash! This claim is by a non-Eygptologist researcher. If correct this would reinforce the orthodox view.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hello Hans,

I don't know about being more clued in, as you put it, but here's my take.

The man on a boat with a spear/pole and the scarab have possibilities.

The elephant and hippo pics look more like something drawn for the ICE AGE animated moves, IMO, and not like AE artwork. It's just as possible we're seeing patterns, though.

cormac

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

I'm going skeptical on this one. I've seen this pattern recognition thing in other fringe claims (this isn't a fringe claim by the way - just a comparison).

However it would be very cool if it came out to be true.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You cant clearly see the eye in that elephant head, its long snout or the bettle or the human figure?

Skeptical is one thing...sheer blind denial is another. Dont know about anyone else, but I dont need Egyptologists to tell me what my eyes already can see quite clearly.

Thanks for the find and posting it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Howdy RFBurns

Yes I can see those things, but are they man made or are they artifacts of the human mind searching for - and finding patterns?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Even if the man in the boat and the scarab are shown to be actual drawings (at least a possibility) from the days of the pyramids construction, they would still appear to be within the context of what we know about AE. Wouldn't appear to change much about what we know at this point.

I'll wait for further investigations into this.

cormac

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by RFBurns

Howdy RFBurns

Yes I can see those things, but are they man made or are they artifacts of the human mind searching for - and finding patterns?

Howdy.

How can it be the human mind trying to find patterns when there are no clues to suggest finding certian patterns to begin with?

I was expecting to see typical Egyptian glyphs or writting. In fact that is what my mind was searching for, writtings or glyphs. The first zoomed in image, the un-enhanced one, I clearly saw the elephant right away, dispite all the mess around it.

The beatle one was a bit tough to see at first but I recognized it after a few seconds.

The human figure was a mystery until I seen the enhanced image.

I dont think it can be explained away as something that the human mind is hoping to find. That is like NASA saying there is nothing out there move along, yet keep spending money and sending probes to look at that nothing.

Im not so sure the old excuse can be applied here. If we were looking at rocks or the side of a mountain or cloud formations...maybe. But these photos clearly show drawings of an elephant, a human being and a beatle.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

It is very interesting but AFAIK the Queen's chamber is made of granite and granite has lots of natural colorations and inclusions, in various patterns. A close observation will/should be able to tell if the artifacts are part of the granites structure or applied to it.

It is supported that the chamber was once stucco'd so not sure why there would be carving/painting/incisions on the granite walls. Lehner also had a paper out that showed evidence for wooden panels being on the walls in some of the chambers.

Puzzling

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It is easy to read all kinds of images into such a mess!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Very interesting, just a great find.
Not that hard to recognize and to see.

And they dont look very much like hieroglyphs. Thats the best part btw

For the blind people in here (and skeptics...
)

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Lunica]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Looks like doesn't doesn't mean is. However perhaps one should look at earlier or contemporary images of elephants in ancient Egyptian art.

As I said before I can see the pattern BUT is that pattern in the matrix of the granite or is it something man made and applied to the surface?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ever see graffiti on the side of a train in sprayed on paint along with the original stuff that was printed on the side of the train by the business that uses the railcars? Some dude could be doin' some pyramid art thinkin it's real cool, and he aint afraid of no ghost. "We gonna do some adlib in the great pyramids and get the people really wondering!" This old railcar graffitti is gettin' old.
(Just a thought)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Has anybody done any kind on infrared photography? Or any type of multi spectrum evaluations?
or any other non standard image taking of the walls and surrounding areas?

I know of some law enforcement techniques where they are able to see images from pressure points even if the image has been removed to scrubbing away or in this case worn away from centuries of neglect

[edit on 11-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

As I said before I can see the pattern BUT is that pattern in the matrix of the granite or is it something man made and applied to the surface?

Man made IMO

The odds to find coincidently this sort of patterns on such a specific place as in a pyramide. Nah...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

They are discussing that over at the Hall of Ma'at. I'd say a microscopic examination would tell you. There might be a way to get the paint particles to show up better (if they are paint) by using different types of lighting.

We're going to have to wait for more data on this I think.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I was more curious about etchings? Are they saying these are paintings or carvings?

Carvings would leave the pressure points i was referring to, I was hoping that was the case then they could do some better more detailed revealing scans

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Ah no Exuberant1

According to Hanslune, they are just in your mind - and so are neither drawings or carvings.

Hans: Nope they can be seen the question is are they man made or part of the granite matrix. I haven't state they are neither drawings or carvings - you seem to be making stuff up.

Basically, Hans telling us we are just imagining these images and that we should just forget about it. He even made this thread to preemptively dismiss this amazing discovery.

Hans: incorrect yet again, the images are there, they are real - but are they man made or within the matrix, one doesn't know - have you examined them Exuberant? I made this thread to spread interesting information.

If anyone else makes thread with a different hypothesis, they will be referred to this this one, wherein it will be claimed the matter has been resolved and thoroughly debunked - the usual tactic; we are far too familiar with it.

Hans: So Exuburant you can state with 100% accuracy, without having personally observed or studied the wall - that it is what you say it is? I would note that the discover isn't making that claim. He is calling for an investigation to determine if they are in fact what he thinks they are - since he has seen them up close why do you think he is lying? It would appear the only thing you are familar with is having a set bias and not reading properly, LOL

By the way I would LOVE for this to be true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join