It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi oil pirates accept parachuted ransom / Five drown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Saudi oil pirates accept parachuted ransom / Five drown

news.bbc.co.uk

The vessel, with 25 crew, is the biggest tanker ever to be hijacked.

Coalition naval forces in Bahrain said it appeared that the pirates on the Sirius Star had received a ransom payment in a container parachuted from a plane.

Reuters later reported that five of the pirates making off with the ransom money had drowned after their boat was hit by high seas.

The audacious seizure of the tanker had drawn fresh attention to the dangerous waters off Somalia's coastline.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
First of all, what with the global navy suddenly drawing to a certain area, why, oh why.... did they parachute money to them?

Surely this is the OPPOSITE of a deterrant?

That is also more money than i would ever make in my life, and i certainly wouldn't consider heinous sea piratery as a career choice, so where's the justice?

Also, is it not suspicious that five of the pirates drown with the money?

So... does this mean they HAVE the money? Does this suggest an accident at sea or something else?

* To the mods, if a similar thread exists, i politely ask you to keep this thread open as a discussion about the 'drowning' - Thankyou*

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
how would they know 5 of them died?

what they followed them and didnt stop them? lol

or did they just shoot them and lie about it?

i just dont see how anyone would possibly know that 5 of them died

usually people who die in the ocean disappear entirely , quite rapidly

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
These pirates have the global navy over a barrel. No special forces, naval gun or military aircraft is going to initiate a fire fight on a ship full of oil.

As for the piracy, how can that be as bad as state banditry, pre-emptive wars, thieving bankers and corporations? I think pirates from the most impoverished countries of Africa are like the mouse that roared.

new topics

top topics

join