It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIG POCKETS - small wallets... What is our financial status today? - What is hiding behind tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

Personally, I feel no ill-effects of the crisis.

I live within my means. I don't own a home, I live with family.
I have a stable and highly specialized job in an industry that only grows in times of civil breakdown and rising crime.

I have no dependents, I only have myself to take care of.
My bills are low.
I do expect to see my rent increase in the next few months to meet what family pay out on bills, but that's really not a problem for me right now.

And I'm in a good position to hopefully afford my own place in a few months time.
While I have sympathy for those struggling, I could never have afforded a home of my own before. But now, it looks increasingly likely that as long as I choose the right time, and when the government are desperate enough to pay incentives for first time buyers or force the hands of lenders, I'll be able to afford to buy my own home.

I look forward to that.
It's about time the younger, single people of the UK were given some decent opportunities to own property!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Dear friend,
let me recap my situation for you with words you have used only slightly altered...

I live within my means. I don't own a home, I live with family.
I have a stable and highly specialized job in an industry that does notgrow in times of civil breakdown and rising crime.

I have no dependents, I only have myself to take care of, plus trying to help my girlfriens as best as i can through her own difficulties....
My bills are high.
My office rent has allready risen to average level, and my bills start becoming an issue.

+ I certainly cannot buy my own home at present no matter how much i dream of it. And let me tell you i was planning the sittuations to be much different today....

[edit on 1/2/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
it seems that many of us independent contractors, sole proprietors will
not too long from now be applying for jobs at the various charities around
the cities & towns across America.

In a TV news report this morning, Thur 5 Feb, it is reported that hundreds of persons were applying for the 2 dozen openings at a St Vincent DePaul Society, wharehouse... at $7.00hr..
I can foresee that jobs & decent wage will get scarcer & scarcer,
where even the WallMarts will be competing with the Goodwills &
St Vincent DePauls for the measley ammount of dollars in circulation

(as the bank/finance firms sit on the trillions of bailout monies handed to them)

When wages, pensions, the number of surviving businesses, employment opportunities are ALL shrinking/contracting... the economy is 'Deflating'

~the economists, analysts, throw out the Deflation & Inflation Labels in a haphazard definition in different ways in reply to whatever condition or situation is on topic.
And they seem to deliberately confuse us at every turn, what's the reason? is it really because 'they' don't use the terms properly...? ~

When Obama says that Top Executives can only be paid $500,000yr,
that is wage contraction - deflation
When USA assembly plants shut down, when banks lay off 10k American workers (but keep the offshore IT foreign workers), when the government
allows a yearly quota of 85,000 temporary work visas for east europeans
to hire on as specialized talent & engineers
& many more as summer-time maids & waitresses....
Americans of every race & ethnicity are bumped out of the opportunity to subsist/survive ->> that, too, is a 'deflationary' state.

When many producers have gone under & there are far fewer producers
able to supply the economy with goods-&-services with any regularity
that too is 'deflation'..
.but the economists tell us that the high prices of the goods-&-services
that the stores/businesses (which have survived the economic downturn)
sell to the public -> the people with spending money -> they tell us
that the high cost is a result of 'Inflation'

Nope, the higher sale price is the result of the cost of producing, delivering, and the demand/supply of the product...
a higher price is because of scarcity brought on by 'deflationary
forces...not 'Inflation' forces.

Deflationary times which we are just beginning (since sep '07)
are the prelude to the hyper-inflation that will follow , from what i read
to occur 2-5 years from now~
~[sarcasm] unless the time-wave-zero speeds everything up
and the 2-5 years becomes 2-5 months !~[/sarcasm]

i hope this fits in the scope of your thread, Thanks

[edit on 5-2-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Dear St Udio,

your post fits perfectly in my thread, however i see that the vast majority of folk here fall in either of two categories:

1. They are wholely consumed in the conspiratory, alien etc threads
  2. They do not feel confident speaking about such matters, either for being exposed to the rest or to just forget about the problem for as long as they are logged on...

In any case i do not judge fellow members. This thread may as well die.
However i wonder: If this crisis goes on will ATS attendance decline too?
I mean speaking about it may help in financial reorganisation before the
='+** hits the fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join