It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MK-Ultra

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Well, mk-ultra made peeps think they were superman, supposedly one of em was called project superman, they brainwashed soldiers to believe they were invincible, of course jumpin off the buildings didn't make em not die but at least it gave em courage.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryckE
Im sorry to inform all of you, but my teacher would not let me do it because there is no "reliable" resources. Soooo I changed my subject to string theory. Sorry for wasting all of your time.

Released Government Documents are not considered "reliable"?!?

There really is a problem with some of our educational system.

On the Senate floor in 1977, Senator Ted Kennedy said:

The Deputy Director of the CIA revealed that over thirty universities and institutions were involved in an "extensive testing and experimentation" program which included covert drug tests on unwitting citizens "at all social levels, high and low, native Americans and foreign." Several of these tests involved the administration of '___' to "unwitting subjects in social situations." At least one death, that of Dr. [Frank] Olson, resulted from these activities. The Agency itself acknowledged that these tests made little scientific sense. The agents doing the monitoring were not qualified scientific observers.[8]
I Suppose Senator Ted Kennedy Isn't A Reliable Source...

You should ask your teacher if the Tuskagee Experiment ever occurred...just as real as MK-ULTRA.

Edit For Tags...

[edit on 29-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
With all my research I believe that they 'are' doing this.

I also have some serious questions about this issue. For example, Since the mk ultra documents were released by the freedom of information act in the 70's. With subsequent congressional hearings to no avail thus access was denied. (Which tells me they have something to hide.) Who's to say that our very own government officials are not mind controlled. Who can trust any of them? Didn't this raise some serious questions with our government officials? Obviously NOT! I FOR ONE DO NOT TRUST THEM. This CBC broadcast movie was an account of the Canadian victims of mind control perpetrated by our deceitful government.
'The Sleep Room'
The US purchased the rights to this film, yet it was never aired in the US. Although there is an edited version for sale/rent.
Also, we know for a fact that the government compartmentalize 'everything' so not one person will know everything. I recently found Barbara Hartwell's Blog and from what I understand she and ex cia Ted Gunderson were friends until she uncovered some facts regarding him. Now they are not collaberating, because each claim the other is still working for the agency. Thus the enemy wins through division of the opposition. Maybe one of them is right about the other working COINTELPRO or maybe both are right and only have access to certain facts. My problem with this is; we are ALL looking for truth, when we fight among ourselves we are not working for the same goal TRUTH.

Do Not Trust the GOVERNMENT!!! They have not earned it.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by swansend]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by swansend]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ryckE
Im sorry to inform all of you, but my teacher would not let me do it because there is no "reliable" resources. Soooo I changed my subject to string theory. Sorry for wasting all of your time.

Well that blows - perhaps a little too close to National Security for your teachers likings? Perhaps someone above her told him/her to not let you go there.

A strike against free speech. Your teacher lacks testicular fortitude.

If the US congressional hearings ain't reliable sources then I guess you should ask if what you've been taught is also 'reliable'?

wZn

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
THats why i hate school. they teach you what they think u need to know not what u want to know. and whats the point, so we can get a good job and pay more taxes?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

There is an excellent book by Colin Ross called The CIA Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists (Paperback) It was published years ago under the title Bluebird but became impossible to get. Was redone and released in 2006. I got it from Amazon. He explains as many of the projects as we know about and provides documentation.

I think it is not possible to know all the outrageous things really going on around us. BTW, does anybody know whatever happened to Ted Gunderson? I can't find any website with current info.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

ok can't bump the thread in the Research Forum because I am not a Scholar but if there is one out there, bump it!

more info

edit on 19/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: fix typos

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
omg I have been reading that other Countries also use these techniques:

Dr. Artour Rakhimov•a year ago−

Media and most people promote a belief that a murderer did it because he was angry with something. This is absurdity since most people can be angry at somebody or something else. Being furious isn't going to transform millions of people into killers. What is the genuine cause then?

Back in Russia, I've seen people who would do anything, even killing family members, once they were brainwashed by GULAG KGB agents (a small portion of KGB). Many massacres and suicide-murders are done by the brainwashed due to mind control techniques used by GULAG KGB agents, who experimented with and tried to brainwash over 10 million people (GULAG was the major world’s mind control research lab).

Other teams and organizations, like Islamic terrorists, Al-Qaeda, CIA, FBI, MI-5, etc., even if all of them combined together, did not have even 1 % of people to experiment with.

source

I just searched for some info on Bryant, the Virg Tech killer & anors and all of them had weird looking eyes (the first initial pics of when they were caught)

Now the thing that is weirder is the fact that Bryant was a Computer Programmer who the World has been led to believe has a low iq; the images of Cho, the Nth Korean person = there are so many online that seem staged and he has weird eyes...looks completely different. WTF would he be standing there with a hammer? maybe those images are photoshopped?

really worrying if this method is being used for agendas around the world...

you can understand that during times of war, perhaps this method would be beneficial but the bad stuff that is happening in soce, to the general community is a worry.

Perhaps also it is a research program that has got out of control and is causing havoc? maybe the lab, Drs can't undo the programming?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fjolfar
reply to post by ryckE

Well, mk-ultra made peeps think they were superman, supposedly one of em was called project superman, they brainwashed soldiers to believe they were invincible, of course jumpin off the buildings didn't make em not die but at least it gave em courage.

Do you have a source on this? Anyone who has ever worked in covert projects knows that the naming convention never appears "relevant" to the goal of the operation. This sounds made up to me....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, CRAP. If you can say that on here. I was trying to get you together with someone familiar with the project before I saw the original post date. You'd have gotten an "A".

Hey, do a report on HAARP, I'll set you up. LOL
edit on 19-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I don't know about 'project superman' but there was a collection of somewhat similar projects at Bragg in 80-83, named several different things, none of them "superman", but there was one called "jedi" and another "optimal path" that, while not brainwashing you to jump off of buildings (why would that be a goal?) did try to allow soldiers to reframe the circumstances they were in in order to get control of their autonomic responses.

For example, a thing I heard said more than once was "if you can walk this 2x4 six inches off the ground, why can't you do it 50 feet up? There's no real difference", and in truth there's not, except one I can do easily and one I can't. If you could bypass that on demand, it would be a really big improvement in some circumstances.

Another would be, say, CQC with a knife. I can get on the floor with you with a rubber knife and bag gloves and whale away on you like Jack the Ripper. In reality, that's a lot tougher because I don't want to get cut and there's always this hesitancy about gutting someone like a perch even if you are a Real Life Tough Noob. You get over that (they say) but what if you could come out of your specialty school and be as hard core as a seasoned operator, without that pesky five year whacking-your-head-off-with-my-BMF-is-no-challenge learning curve? More to the point, it would also be nice to be able to dismiss your adrenaline response (mostly) going into a firefight, because then you wouldn't be overfocused, exhausted and muscle-shaky. Especially getting rid of "buck fever" as a long-shot artist would be good. For some, all that would come in time. But for others, it's always a bother, and it takes time. Be nice to get there easier.

Alas, it didn't work that well.

edit to add: optimal path had a lot of other facets to it, which also didn't work out, but were a lot better in concept than teaching you to jump off buildings and die for Jesus or whatever.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Bedlam,

I understand what you are getting at and agree that these types of programs have taken place.... There have been many studies - both public and private - whose goal has been to attempt to "overcome" automatic responses. These aren't really about "brainwashing" but more about personal motor function control.

And, there *are* people who can gut someone like a perch without a single hesitation or flinch....they are called sociopathic serial killers.

edit on 21-12-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

TMI removed . Merry Christmas from O' Bedlam' s family farm where no one was sociopathic but it might at times have been nice .
edit on 22-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Read the book "men who stare at goats" it is a novel about MKUltra, but the author Jon Ronson actually went and talked to people involved (they made a movie about it). He is a writer, but also a journalist so what he writes about is true. MKUltra is a very real thing, as long as you don't go into speculative territory your grade shouldn't suffer. If anything it'd be a break from the norm.
edit on 22-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

For future reference: www.nytimes.com...

NY Times should please teachers as a reliable source.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Merry Christmas. As the Bride of Lucifer, I'd think you'd be more knowledgeable about this, with or without sources...
Always yours, lady,
Tetra50

top topics

<< 1   >>

join