It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN announces that the cease fire was broken by Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
CNN has announced that Israel initiated the current conflict by breaking the cease fire and not Hamas. It seems know the American people are being allowed to receive the truth.

Unless Rick Sanchez has been authorised by the powers above him to disclose this info to the un-enquiring public, his career on television is finished. If he went on a wing and prayer on this announcement, then the Hasbara, JDL, and an assortment of zionist groups will mobilise. He will be slandered, harassed, stalked and intimidated as punishment.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A quick check on Wikipedia confirms rocket attacks came before the raid.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the fifth time a quick check of facts has proved you wrong. I doubt it will be last....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

en.wikipedia.org...

This is the fifth time a quick check of facts has proved you wrong. I doubt it will be last....

Wikipedia is not exactly the closest thing to a "quick check of the facts". It is, after all, Wikipedia.

Additionally, how is masonwatcher "wrong"? All he did was present a video, in which CNN announces that the cease fire "began falling apart" when Israel launched a raid on tunnel which was under construction.

Are you saying that because the infallible Wikipedia says otherwise that the video does not actually say what it actually says?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Founding

The CNN reporter clearly states that Israel broke the cease fire in November 2008. Whether Hamas responded subsequently is neither here or there. You however have the choice of not believing any of it.

Wiki is zionist occupied territory as shown by this PDF of CAMERA's (a zionist org in the US) activities in their own words;

electronicintifada.net...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The rockets were fired in response to Israels breaking of the terms of the ceasefire agreement by stopping food and medical supplies.Limiting and stopping the power supply to Gaza.And more.

Try the useful thing of researching before posting.That way your brain will be in gear before your mouth so to speak.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

These 'facts' suggest that rocket attacks came before the raid in that specific video. But if you look at the data on your source from June 19th, 2008 (the day the cease-fire went into effect) and the following days you can see that there were also Israeli raids at that time:

June 19, 2008

Through Egyptian mediation Israel and Hamas agreed to a six month cease-fire on June 17th that went into effect on June 19, 2008 at 6:00 AM.

June 20, 2008

Gilad Herman, an Israeli settler in the West Bank settlement of Yashif, unintentionally fires upon an Israeli when he launches a home-made rocket towards Palestinian West Bank. The rocket lands "meters away from a Breslov hassid who was praying in the area." No one is hurt.

June 23, 2008

A single mortar shell was also fired from Gaza late Monday night and landed on the Israeli side of the border fence. No organization claimed responsibility for the attack.

June 24, 2008

Three Qassam rockets fired from Gaza on Tuesday struck the Israeli border town of Sderot and its environs, causing no serious injuries but constituting the first serious breach of a five-day-old truce between Israel and Hamas. Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attack and said it had been a response to an Israeli military raid in the West Bank city of Nablus at dawn on Tuesday, in which a senior Islamic Jihad operative Tareq Abu Ghali, 24 and another Palestinian university student Iyad Khanfar, 21 were killed. An Israeli Army spokesman said that Abu Ghali had been involved in terrorism and that he was "killed in an exchange of fire." The man killed with him was armed.

So, which came first? The Chicken or the Egg? Will we ever truly know?

This video is still important!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Wikipedia is Zionist? Way to take the low road. Do you have any self-respect for yourself and the truth? Do you not understand that as a Muslim you speak for your religion and the people who follow it. Ignorance breeds ignorance and as long as you keep on doing this peace will never come. If for someone reason you had a problem with a Jewish person do not take it out on the members of this forum. I take hope to the youth, old age is set in stone

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No you are taking the low road and stop being obtuse. I said it was occupied which does not mean ownership or control. Like the Israeli government, you conveniently confuse things.

Since you ignored the pdf. I will post a breakdown.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here is the breakdown from;

arabist.net...

" A pro-Israel pressure group is orchestrating a secret, long-term campaign to infiltrate the popular online encyclopedia Wikipedia to rewrite Palestinian history, pass off crude propaganda as fact, and take over Wikipedia administrative structures to ensure these changes go either undetected or unchallenged.

A series of emails by members and associates of the pro-Israel group CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), provided to The Electronic Intifada (EI), indicate the group is engaged in what one activist termed a “war” on Wikipedia.

A 13 March action alert signed by Gilead Ini, a “Senior Research Analyst” at CAMERA, calls for “volunteers who can work as ‘editors’ to ensure” that Israel-related articles on Wikipedia are “free of bias and error, and include necessary facts and context.” However, subsequent communications indicate that the group not only wanted to keep the effort secret from the media, the public, and Wikipedia administrators, but that the material they intended to introduce included discredited claims that could smear Palestinians and Muslims and conceal Israel’s true history.

A veteran Wikipedia editor, known as “Zeq,” who according to the emails is colluding with CAMERA, also provided advice to CAMERA volunteers on how they could disguise their agenda. In a 20 March email often in misspelled English, Zeq writes, “You don’t want to be precived [sic] as a ‘CAMERA’ defender’ on wikipedia [sic] that is for sure.” One strategy to avoid that is to “edit articles at random, make friends not enemies — we will need them later on. This is a marathon not a sprint.”

Zeq also identifies, in a 25 March email, another Wikipedia editor, “Jayjg,” whom he views as an effective and independent pro-Israel advocate. Zeq instructs CAMERA operatives to work with and learn from Jayjg, but not to reveal the existence of their group even to him fearing “it would place him in a bind” since “[h]e is very loyal to the wikipedia [sic] system” and might object to CAMERA’s underhanded tactics"

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think you are arguing just for the sake of it. Masonwatcher posted the story and it is a FACT what he posted about CNN saying it. They DID say it. If you have any questions, watch the video.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TARBOX

I think you are arguing just for the sake of it. Masonwatcher posted the story and it is a FACT what he posted about CNN saying it. They DID say it. If you have any questions, watch the video.

He is baiting to provoke a reaction. He is a master baiter!

I mean he is an expert at baiting people.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I get the feeling you're starting to get nervous

Now to clear things up. I am not questing the CNN video. What I am questing is who started it first and so is the CNN video. It would help if you guys watched the video and read the starting post to understand the context of this discussion. Wikipedia is very reliable source and each claim that is made on any article is backed up by another source. Hate the message not the messenger.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Now to clear things up. I am not questing the CNN video. What I am questing is who started it first and so is the CNN video. It would help if you guys watched the video and read the starting post to understand the context of this discussion. Wikipedia is very reliable source and each claim that is made on any article is backed up by another source. Hate the message not the messenger.

Nervous? Moi? Not one of my traits. And you are genuinely obtuse if you don't get my previous comment.

Wiki is only as good as its most recent edit. How reliable it is depends on whether you believe that vested interest groups use infiltration tactics on Israeli and Palestinian matters.

[edit on 073131p://pm3140 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

One need only go through your posts to understand you. The war is only a convenient excuse to ply your stock and trade which is the dissemination of hate. You whitewash your hatred of all Jews by convincing yourself that all Jews are Zionists to defend your untenable position.

I can't help but wonder how you feel about all non-Muslims? Are we Zionists as well? Or do you think we are all just brainwashed by the Jews, er excuse me -Zionists?

Do you personally think it is wrong and evil to hate someone simply because they are born to a Jewish family? Do you condone shooting missiles indiscriminately into residential neighborhoods knowing full well the targets are innocent non-combatants?

Now I've given you what you are really fishing for, a target for your hate. Spew away!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well, it's like this founding. I don't necessarily agree with "some" of masonwatchers viewpoints, but this thread, and his opening comments, I saw absolutely nothing wrong with. In fact, it was quite neutral. He listed what the guy said, then went on not to bash anyone but the reporter that said it if he was giving false information, he would be chastised.

Then you commented on how masonwatcher was wrong. Sorry founder, not this time. You just had to point out that he was wrong.

Sorry if you don't like what I have said, but I try to always tell it how I see it.

For me, I think this is an interesting thread because I am still on the fence with this whole affair.

Edit for minor spelling

[edit on 7-1-2009 by TARBOX]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

CNN has announced that Israel initiated the current conflict by breaking the cease fire and not Hamas. It seems know the American people are being allowed to receive the truth. Unless Rick Sanchez has been authorised by the powers above him to disclose this info to the un-enquiring public, his career on television is finished. If he went on a wing and prayer on this announcement, then the Hasbara, JDL, and an assortment of zionist groups will mobilise. He will be slandered, harassed, stalked and intimidated as punishment

That is not what I call neutral. I suggest you follow up on some of masons other posts and threads, maybe then you will see where I am coming from.

I may not agree with your opinion but I'll defend your right to have one to the death! (
who said that?)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

One need only go through your posts to understand you. The war is only a convenient excuse to ply your stock and trade which is the dissemination of hate. You whitewash your hatred of all Jews by convincing yourself that all Jews are Zionists to defend your untenable position.

I can't help but wonder how you feel about all non-Muslims? Are we Zionists as well? Or do you think we are all just brainwashed by the Jews, er excuse me -Zionists?

Do you personally think it is wrong and evil to hate someone simply because they are born to a Jewish family? Do you condone shooting missiles indiscriminately into residential neighborhoods knowing full well the targets are innocent non-combatants?

Now I've given you what you are really fishing for, a target for your hate. Spew away!

I think the people of Gaza have a thing to say about hatred as exemplified by Israel.

As for your ad hominem commentary, I am rather indifferent because it is weak and a misrepresentation of what I have said. Please tell me were I have defamed the Jewish faith. In fact I am entirely respectful of God fearing religious Jews that care for all people including the Palestinians.

Regarding your allegations of me having hateful opinions of a person born to a Jewish family, that's just another way for you to call me an anti-Semite and we know that it is a term used to assault and slander anti-zionists.

According to your diatribe above, the only person that has proven to be hateful is you. I, on the other hand, am outrage and offended by the crimes of the Israeli state and those who condone these crimes.

[edit on 073131p://pm3137 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If the newspage on my email homepage is to be wholly believed, even the today's 'temporary humanitarian ceasefire' was ignored by members of IDF forces..

Gaza fighting rages despite ceasefire negotiations

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israel resumed its Gaza offensive Wednesday, bombing heavily around suspected smuggling tunnels near the border with Egypt after a three-hour lull to allow in humanitarian aid. Hamas responded with a rocket barrage.

[..]

The Palestinian Red Crescent said in a statement that one of its ambulance drivers was shot by Israeli soldiers during the lull. The Israeli military said it had no knowledge of the incident.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

I read that a bomb was also dropped on a house by the IDF during today's cease fire.

uruknet.info...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Until I see you condemn Hamas for its Terrorist ways I have a hard time swallowing that. When I see things like 80% of Jews are Zionists and the like being posted all over ATS you will understand how I could come to believe what I have.

Your posts are 100% positive towards Hamas it seems to me and that gives me pause. My position is that there are evil people involved on both sides and I accept that. When I see posters defending Hamas and making nothing but damning statements about the people of Israel it screams to me that I'm dealing with someone who is so biased their credibility is in question.

The Palestinians are under the complete control of a Terrorist organization and I can understand their not having rational viewpoints. That is not the same as a well informed person who knows what Hamas is defending them. Yes the Palestinian people are innocent victims in this but Hamas?

There is most likely a small number of Jewish people who are hard core Zionists who I consider no better than the Nazi's. Just like the Palestinians however I do not hold the entire population accountable for the actions of these people. If I did, I would be a Bigot and part of the problem. Considering Hamas as innocent Freedom Fighters is so ludicrous it labels the person who believes that as being just another part of the problem.

I hope someday you see the real truth and pull the blinders from your eyes. I'd think the fact that Hamas and other Terrorists who have connected themselves to the Palestinians, kill more Palestinians than Israel ever did would help shape your opinion.

Peace is the easiest thing in the world and the reason it has not come about is hate. Both sides are so blinded by it peace will never be possible. How sad for the true innocents in this. They die while the Bigots of this world ply their trade. I pray for them all, whether Palestinian or Jew.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join