It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: UFO over NJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Strange, red, blinking lights could be seen across Morris County on Monday night, and officials thought they had figured out what caused them.

Now, they're not so sure.

wcbstv.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Weird. I just posted this but it got deleted.

""It looks like flares attached to balloons," said a caller."

Looks to be just a hoax.

[edit on 1/6/2009 by Blueracer]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Tiny little flashing lights.

Could be anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Bah, it's so easy just to wave it away saying it is balloons with flares on it.

Nowdays, everything that glimmer up in the sky is either a flare on a ballon or a chinease lantern.

Balloons with a flare and lanters does in fact fit into almost every light dot on the sky, unless it goes reaaally fast, then it is a meteor. Could be a sat as well ofc... or an airplain.

But I have to say that these balloons seem to be pretty high up. And then I wonder what planet this is filmed on, cause it seems to be no moving air up there. The 5-6 balloons up there with flares tied to them seem to keep the same distance from eachother the whole time.

Yes I am sarcastic. Mainly cause I am pretty tired to see the "IT'S FLARES!! BALLOONS!!....LANTERNS!!!" as soon as a clip like this shows up where there are factors that shows that it CAN be something else then the ordinary BFL (BalloonFlareLantern).

But ofc, this can be anything. Even balloons....Ahh...crap. I said it.

I think this clip is pretty interesting. Thanks for posting.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
YEP!!! UFO!!
I sure couldn't tell for sure what it was, thing that stuck out to me, the larger gapped lights seemed to bank and then go up right, which , for a moment, created a triangular shape with lights going all around it as it did so....

Also, if you watch the transformation of lights blinking on the smaller craft(?) they seem to be signalling each other with random flashes of light for a response...

But one thing is for sure "It wasn't Flares on hot air or helium balloons, it wasn't flah lights on helium balloons, it wasn't a hot air balloon and it definately had "Shape of a Triangle" when the banking starts to happen."
It is much darker than the backround of the sky when this is happening, don't believe me? "Check it out!!"

Great find, star and flag!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
well, the man who walked out onto the patio stated that with his 20 years in aviation he never seen anything like it.. not to mention the discription that the lights actually 'took off' sort of rules out any flare or chinese lantern explanation in my mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
its windy, and its raining out here in nj. no way that is flares. i just saw the news cast and checked to see if it was posted. its too icy outside for the balloon to stay afloat with a flare attached. this would have come down easily or blown away without a chance for the people to see it.

next explanation please..

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Syntaxstealth]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syntaxstealth
its windy, and its raining out here in nj. no way that is flares. i just saw the news cast and checked to see if it was posted. its too icy outside for the balloon to stay afloat with a flare attached. this would have come down easily or blown away without a chance for the people to see it.

next explanation please..

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Syntaxstealth]

Wow! Awesome.. This is right near me.
I have a friend who works at the Morristown Airport..
If I hear anything or see anything I will report.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
this may be the video of the lights ???

These are the lights I saw in New Jersey on Monday January 5, 2009. It was around 8:30 near Morristown. My friend and I initially thought it was an airplane, but after a few minutes we could clearly see it wasn't an airplane or anything we can explain. The entire formation was rising and dipping as well as making sharp turns which would rule out any floating object. It would hover for a few minutes then suddenly change direction. It did not drift with the wind. It was very high up and eventually took off into the distance. Did anyone else see this??????????? I also took some still shots.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Im guessing swamp gas or the planet venus

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
if thats the video, it does not look like flares to me. the formation is also constant and not moving around in this very windy and rainy day.

It is sometimes hard to tell if you see a UFO from the distance since newark airport is right here and planes constantly fly by. I live right under a routine flight route to newark, so i see them every 5 minutes. If this person had not been directly under it, every one else would have thought it was a regular airplane.

Police reported this as flares. no other reports of evidence to support this.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join