It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange drinks with 300 times more pesticide than tap water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Orange drinks with 300 times more pesticide than tap water

www.dailymail.co.uk

Fizzy drinks sold by Coca-Cola in Britain have been found to contain pesticides at up to 300 times the level allowed in tap or bottled water.
A worldwide study found pesticide levels in orange and lemon drinks sold under the Fanta brand, which is popular with children, were at their highest in the UK.

The research team called on the Government, the industry and the company to act to remove the chemicals and called for new safety standards to regulate the soft drinks market.
The industry d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Coca Cola MUST be banned or boycotted at the very least IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!

First they sold bottled war that was just tap water and now this?

This is disgusting man, I wonder how much pesticides the average person has in his body today. Just thinking of that is scary.

there was this scientist on the Colbert Report a long time ago, colbert asked him about evolution. He said he believes humans have stopped evolving naturaly because of drugs and what we eat. Now it's perscribed and non-perscribed drugs and foods with chemicals in them that will now determine what we will shape up to be.

No, they aren't playing god, they aren't even playing the devil.

I don't even know what they are playing, there's no word for it.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why do you think they call it bug juice? Nothing that we eat, drink or breathe is entirely safe. My cat died from eating pet food from China.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
something deep inside me says, this was no accident

that little voice just screams, that this is attempted murder

the corporations (NWO) allegedly want us all weak and mindless

wouldnt tons of toxic chemicals in all our food/drinks be the best way to do it?

cuz u know that propaganda just isnt workin anymore (maybe its because they are too cheesy)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What really scares me about this would be that we dont really know whats in the rest of what we consume. If 300 different pesticides can go unnoticed in such a popular drink (especially in europe) then what else have we not noticed?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The reason this happens is because they don't actually test for it.

In the corporate world of limiting liabilities and minimizing expenses those who supply the flavor ingredients are the one's who are contractually required to provide an untainted substance.

That DOESN'T mean they check for it. It just means the smaller 'sub contracting company' is 'responsible'. Of course, like with melamine, who this is and how their responsibility will be proclaimed and dealt with has more to do with the WTO and IMF regulation than with GB.

Unfortunately, once the product has been consumed its too late to really 'do' anything about it, no?

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I remember someone posted a youtube video of farmers in poorer countries using coca cola as pesticide since it was cheaper than buying official pesticide and just as effective. People were saying that iit was just a local problem with those countries and the soft drinks wouldn't be tainted in richer countries since each country uses their local waters. Sounded true, but I guess it's not.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
geez what kinda ingredients does it take to make pop why are there so many pesticides in it anyways

i assumed they filtered the water before making pop

if they dont wouldnt they just be using city water and shouldnt it be fairly clean

we heard about it in India a couple weeks ago and assumed it was tainted water but Europe

why isnt there anyone checking this crap

and coca cola really you guys have been around for a hundred years and you have to sell us poison to make a profit sad

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't like tap water in Britain anyway.

About 18 months ago something strange happened. Instead of getting a nice crystal clear glass of refreshing pure H20, it changed.

Water now comes out of the tap looking cloudy, and as it settles it is filled with fine white-coloured bubbles. Well, looks like bubbles but I'd say it could just as equally be fine powdery contaminants.
It doesn't taste the same either. And it feels harsh on my throat.

Bottled water still seems to be fine though.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm just going to take this opportunity to remind everyone that no one is forcing you to buy Coke or its subsidiary products. No one lied to you, saying it's healthful and you should drink it all the time. No one intimidates you into putting it into your shopping cart or your mouth. If all of you are so concerned about the health implications of Fanta, Coke, or whatever the solution is very, very simple.

DON'T BUY IT AND DON'T DRINK IT.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
no one forced me to buy it but does that mean if i do i should get poisoned i should just stay away from all the bad stuff yah that makes sense

lets allow them to poison everything and it will be my fault because i assumed some one making food was doing it to some bare minimum standard

like not cutting it with toxic waste

so i just wont buy it ill also get an independant lab work done on all my food so its safe because we just let them stick whatever they want in there

and who cares what companies put in there because its my fault for being hungry
dont buy it dont drink it

oh and the reason why men dont buy diamond tennis bracelets is because there are completely useless and serve no purpose other than to show off your wealth

top topics

join