It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul update on Gaza conflict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You know,

some individuals act like this is something new. Oh the poor Palestine people. OH THE CHILDREN!

Really? We've been hearing this for years now and suddenly, this new attack on Gaza somehow blew up all over the internet like it's groundbreaking. Well, it's not.

Some say Israel is the root of all evil. Uhm, maybe they aren't and maybe the government is? Some think the United States is the root of all evil but we aren't, the government certainly is though.

Iraq wasn't the root of all evil either, it was just Saddam and his cronies.

Israel is not wrong for attacking Palestine. Stop bashing Israel left & right Their military and their government are the ones who are murdering INNOCENT people.

Oh and by the way, last time I checked, Palestine isn't full of saints either considering they launch over suicide bombers to Israel like nobody's business.

This is NOT new. So stop acting like it is and also realize that BOTH sides are wrong in this case.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
America is an aggressive nation with aggressive people, that's why Ron Paul didn't even get close to winning the elections.

As long as there is something to take, America will be there.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul, as usual, says exactly George Washington and Thomas Jefferson warned the US to do, namely avoid foreign entanglements.
It is interesting that in virtually every action that Israel takes, they are following in the footsteps of those that performed those acts on them, namely the Nazis. We now see Gaza, as a walled-off area, with no one allowed to leave, food scarce, and unemployment high. Compare this to what happened almost 70 years ago:

The Warsaw Ghetto was established by the German Governor-General Hans Frank on October 16, 1940. At this time, the population of the Ghetto was estimated to be 440,000 people, about 38% of the population of Warsaw. However, the size of the Ghetto was about 4.5% of the size of Warsaw. Nazis then closed off the Warsaw Ghetto from the outside world on November 16, 1940, building a wall with armed guards. During the next year and a half, thousands of the Polish Jews as well as some Romani people from smaller cities and the countryside were brought into the Ghetto, while diseases (especially typhus) and starvation kept the inhabitants at about the same number. Average food rations in 1941 for Jews in Warsaw were limited to 184 kcal, compared to 669 kcal for gentile Poles and 2,614 kcal for Germans.

en.wikipedia.org...
History repeats itself, with the oppressed now the oppressor.

I posted the other acts of Israel that mimic what the Nazis did on other threads. Tactics such as censoring all news reports, putting out propaganda talking about "attrocities committed against Israeli citizens", etc. all take pages from the Nazis.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Ron Paul is correct. We should disengage from this insanity. No good can come from our involvement. Unfortunately, as Pat Buchanan tried to warn the US, that will not happen as long as the "Amen Corner for Israel in the US Congress" is around.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Most people don’t understand that Israel is on the front line of the war on terror. Most of the operations that Israel carries out are with American co-operation and instead of sending US troops to do it…

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
There is no one I can think of with any sort of power that I agree with more often and more fervently than Ron Paul, and this is no exception. Depleted Uranium? Our troops have been complaining about the side affects of that since the Gulf War. Where did they get those chemical weapons I wonder? This will inevitably lead to only more hatred of this country, particularly in areas where "our" oil is located.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ron Paul and Steven Colbert are my heroes.

The Jews control the media, money, military and political scenes. Israel is where the bloodline originated and they have claimed right to it. These globalists love conflict as it allows room for expansion. America itself is a vessel for their imperialistic plans. Time is nearly up, the USA has served its purpose.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by hannamtong

RP is telling his own narrative, which deviates somewhat from the real 'truth'...

I believe he is referencing biblical times of the Israeli/ Arab semite conflict dating back thousands of years...

I know you know those references, so how is his narrative deviating from the 'real' truth?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Are you working for mossad? or some disinfo agency?

Well

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

well there is something about RP that I don’t like... he is always complaining/criticizing about everything. According to him, the world should just sit back and watch them slaughter each other! His biggest concern is MONEY!!! Well you can’t eat MONEY and guess what your car runs on gasoline! I will always support Israel simply because it’s their land. And they have a right to defend it. Why not pick sides? Well if it suits your purposes you should. You can’t change the world by yourself, you need allies to do that. And you need resources
…US is a great country with a great nation that is not selfish and I admire that but …”you can’t remove your dirty boots without getting dirty hands “ so don’t go thru this life trying to explain everything in black or white because it is mostly gray.

p.s sorry for my poor English …Albanian living in Germany

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hannamtong

Trust him. He's the only person who ever told you the truth. Take sides? Ok, dont take sides. Let Israel do what she should do. Kill em all who want to bomb civies. you just dont like the fact that "no sides" means no Hamas side!!! Tough luck. Stick mwith a guy who tells the truth, no matter what you think, or I think. Truth is always light. I can deal with the light. It's the darkness inpeople that scare me.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video. I agree that the USA should not get involved at all. They have been fighting forever and I think they will be fighting in the distant future. But I do hope that one day soon we can all just get along.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ron Paul is right, so what are we going to do about it?

[edit on 6-1-2009 by SeenAndNeverHeard]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Notroh est
This guy is the embodiment of what a president should be, but every one wants change instead of truth

Because the truth is some scary stuff.

And that video just scared the hell out of me.

That video just convinced me to buy a gun and stock up on food.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Magnum
I'm not going to ignore you but you are historically and informatively in error. That area has been contested for thousands of years. Ultimately the Arabs were able to take it from the Crusaders and hold it for 600-700 years. If memory serves that area has changed hands over 50 times.

I guess if you want history to begin in 1000AD and the evil Crusaders came on a conquest against the innocent Arabs then you should go work for Al Jizera

The Levant (Eastern Mediterranean Lands) was part of the Roman Empire before the turn of the Millennium 1AD. When the capital was moved from Rome to Constantinople, it was still part of the (Eastern) Roman Empire.

Rome and Persia fought each other in the hundreds of years after Christ and suddenly , out of no where, fanatical Arabs started doing raids from Arabia. At first , the Arabs were ignored since they were acting out of character but Constantinople soon learned this was a threat they couldn't ignore but weakened from years of fighting with Persia, they were unable to stop the Arabs from overrunning the Levant and taking Jerusalem.

The Arab conquest of Levant and North Africa was savage and unrelenting. In today's world , we think it's natural that the Arabs are an almost exclusive ethnicity in Jordan/Syria/Mesopotamia. But these lands were not Arabian originally. The cultural obliteration of the Pre-Islamic peoples was the result of the brutality of the war.

For HUNDREDS of years the people had to suffer this brutality.

789AD

One source tells of a Muslim who converted to Christianity and became a monk, and renamed Christophorous. He was beheaded on 14 April 789. At around the same time, evidently, there was an Arab attack on the monastery of St. Theodosius, near Bethlehem. The monastery was pillaged, many of the monks were slaughtered and some escaped. The attackers also destroyed two churches near that monastery. A Church source tells about the suffering endured by the monasteries in the Judean mountains during the inter-tribal warfare which broke out in 796…While Bet Guvrin was being abandoned by its inhabitants, who were falling captive to the Arabs, assaults were being made in Ascalon, Gaza, and other localities. Everywhere there was pillage and destruction.

923AD

…the Muslims attacked…in Jerusalem on Palm Sunday (26 March 937) and set fire to the southern gates of Constantine’s church and to half of the exedra, whereupon the Church of the Calvary and the Church of the Resurrection collapsed…According to al-Makin and al-Maqrizi, the Church of the Resurrection and the Church of the Calvary were also robbed of their treasures…It seems at the same time the Muslims attacked in Ascalon again. According to Yahya b. Sa’id, the assault was made on ‘the great church there, known by the name of Mary the Green. They destroyed it and robbed it of all its contents and then set fire to it’…The bishop of Ascalon then left for Baghdad to get permission to rebuild the church, but he did not succeed. The church was left in ruins, for the Muslims who lived in Ascalon agreed amongst themselves that they would not allow it to be built again. As to the bishop, he never returned to Ascalon and remained in Ramla until his death

1011AD

They were ordered to wear black turbans. The Christians had to wear a cross the length of a cubit and weighing five ratls around their necks around their necks; the Jews were obliged to wear a block of wood of similar weight…they had to wear some distinguishing mark in the bath-houses, and finally al-Hakim decided that there were to be separate bath-houses for their use…Ibn Al-Athir conveys…that al-Hakim ordered (after the destruction of the Chucrh of the Resurrection in Jerusalem…) that all the churches in the realm be destroyed, and this was done, and that the Jews and Christians were then to accept Islam, or emigrate to Byzantine lands. They were also obliged to wear special distinguishing signs. Many converted…Bar Hebraeus speaks of thousands of churches which were destroyed in the Fatimid kingdom at that time; the decree regarding the wearing of the cross around the neck was also, he says, a means of pressuring the Christians to convert. The wooden block the Jews were obliged to wear, had to be in the shape of a calf, as a reminder of the golden calf

1077AD

Muslim Turcoman rule of Palestine for the nearly three decades just prior to the Crusades (1071-1099 C.E.) was characterized by such unrelenting warfare and devastation, that an imminent “End of Days” atmosphere was engendered. 63 For example, Gil describes one of Atsiz b. Awaq’s jihad campaigns in Syro-Palestine at around 1077 C.E.:

Then Atsiz advanced on Jerusalem from Damascus, placed the city under siege, and promised its inhabitants the aman; on this basis, the inhabitants opened the gates of the city to him. Atsiz prevailed over Jerusalem, completely ignoring his promise of aman, and went on a rampage. He slaughtered 3,000 people there…He also conducted campaigns of annihilation against Ramla, until all its people had fled, and against Gaza, where he murdered the entire population. He likewise massacred people in al-'Arish and elsewhere and wrought endless havoc in Damascus, where only 3,000 of the original 500,000 inhabitants had remained, due to starvation and scarcity. Jaffa, too, was attacked, and its governor…fled from the town to Tyre, together with all the city's inhabitants, while the walls of Jaffa were destroyed on Atsiz' orders. 64

Muslims made their way all the way into France. And they threatned to go near the Balkans.

The Crusades were a response to this.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Ron Paul, as usual, says exactly George Washington and Thomas Jefferson warned the US to do, namely avoid foreign entanglements.
It is interesting that in virtually every action that Israel takes, they are following in the footsteps of those that performed those acts on them, namely the Nazis. We now see Gaza, as a walled-off area, with no one allowed to leave, food scarce, and unemployment high. Compare this to what happened almost 70 years ago:

The Warsaw Ghetto was established by the German Governor-General Hans Frank on October 16, 1940. At this time, the population of the Ghetto was estimated to be 440,000 people, about 38% of the population of Warsaw. However, the size of the Ghetto was about 4.5% of the size of Warsaw. Nazis then closed off the Warsaw Ghetto from the outside world on November 16, 1940, building a wall with armed guards. During the next year and a half, thousands of the Polish Jews as well as some Romani people from smaller cities and the countryside were brought into the Ghetto, while diseases (especially typhus) and starvation kept the inhabitants at about the same number. Average food rations in 1941 for Jews in Warsaw were limited to 184 kcal, compared to 669 kcal for gentile Poles and 2,614 kcal for Germans.

en.wikipedia.org...
History repeats itself, with the oppressed now the oppressor.

I posted the other acts of Israel that mimic what the Nazis did on other threads. Tactics such as censoring all news reports, putting out propaganda talking about "attrocities committed against Israeli citizens", etc. all take pages from the Nazis.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Ron Paul is correct. We should disengage from this insanity. No good can come from our involvement. Unfortunately, as Pat Buchanan tried to warn the US, that will not happen as long as the "Amen Corner for Israel in the US Congress" is around.

What an interesting distortion of reality. The Palestinians were allied with the NAZIs and continue the NAZI Jew-hating legacy today.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
@VinceP1974: What does that statement have anything to do with Ron Paul?

If you're trying to make it into a Islam/Palestinian bashing thread, please do that somewhere else. This thread is to discuss Ron Paul and his recent video.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by douglas2k4
@VinceP1974: What does that statement have anything to do with Ron Paul?

If you're trying to make it into a Islam/Palestinian bashing thread, please do that somewhere else. This thread is to discuss Ron Paul and his recent video.

Which statement of mine , I"ve made several.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This one: What an interesting distortion of reality. The Palestinians were allied with the NAZIs and continue the NAZI Jew-hating legacy today.

Like I said, let's keep on topic here.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas2k4
This one: What an interesting distortion of reality. The Palestinians were allied with the NAZIs and continue the NAZI Jew-hating legacy today.

Like I said, let's keep on topic here.

He is talking about this:
LINK TO ARTICLE

The Germans were doing what the British had done in TE Lawrence's day. Developing proxies, corrupting the corruptible, telling lies in order to get others to do the dirty work. The poster wants this to define that the Jews are entitled to that area and have been entitled to it since the British made proxies of the Arabs around WW1 and then allowed mass Jewish settlement and thusly giving the land to the Jews. Over time they renamed the place as Israel.

In short the prize has always been the trade route of the Suez Canal and RESOURCES. My explanation has gaps but it is way past my bed time.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by Alpha_Magnum]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974
I guess if you want history to begin in 1000AD and the evil Crusaders came on a conquest against the innocent Arabs then you should go work for Al Jizera

The Levant (Eastern Mediterranean Lands) was part of the Roman Empire before the turn of the Millennium 1AD. When the capital was moved from Rome to Constantinople, it was still part of the (Eastern) Roman Empire.

Rome and Persia fought each other in the hundreds of years after Christ and suddenly , out of no where, fanatical Arabs started doing raids from Arabia. At first , the Arabs were ignored since they were acting out of character but Constantinople soon learned this was a threat they couldn't ignore but weakened from years of fighting with Persia, they were unable to stop the Arabs from overrunning the Levant and taking Jerusalem.

The Arab conquest of Levant and North Africa was savage and unrelenting. In today's world , we think it's natural that the Arabs are an almost exclusive ethnicity in Jordan/Syria/Mesopotamia. But these lands were not Arabian originally. The cultural obliteration of the Pre-Islamic peoples was the result of the brutality of the war.

For HUNDREDS of years the people had to suffer this brutality.

posted by Alpha_Magnum
Scroll up and read his lengthly text quotes from one of the on line Wiki type sites that is simply too much to paste here and still be able to have enough characters for a reply.

Muslims made their way all the way into France. And they threatned to go near the Balkans.

The Crusades were a response to this.

I'll skip over your smarty pants Al (actual spelling) Jazeera comment and go to the meat of the matter...

I chose that period 1000(ish)AD since the Arabs were able to hold it for around 700 years. You decided to go back to the Roman Empire for some reason that I guess is the birth and death of Jesus Christ. You know that God's SON is actually the SUN and that of the numerous religions that have a Christ figure are simply SUN worshipers do you not? The death and the resurrection point out to the lowest position of the SUN during the winter solstice. When the SUN begins to climb that is the rebirth.

I'm surprised you didn't go back to the discovery of the Palestine Man in the Zuttiyeh Cave who dates back some 500,000 years. Skipping ahead to the Bronze age at 3000BC till around 1500BC Canaanites held the area to a greater degree (but kept sparse records). Around 1400BC the Egyptians had their hand in the area and a little later around 1200BC arrived the Philistines.

From here till around 538BC is a mess because...

Developments in Palestine between 1250 and 900 BCE have been the focus of debate between those who accept the Old Testament version on the conquest of Canaan by the Israelite tribes, and those who reject it.[47] Niels Peter Lemche, of the Copenhagen School of Biblical Studies, submits that the picture of ancient Israel "is contrary to any image of ancient Palestinian society that can be established on the basis of ancient sources from Palestine or referring to Palestine and that there is no way this image in the Bible can be reconciled with the historical past of the region."[48]

So then the Persians arrived in 538BC and fell in 333BC to my boy Alexander The Great who died. His generals divided the area up and cities developed till around 140BC when the Hasmonean Dynasty began and lasted to 37BC when the Romans stepped in and that gets us back to the beginning of your post. So...

Arthur Balfour issued the controversial Balfour Declaration of 1917, which promised to establish a Jewish state in Palestine in exchange for the Jewish financial support to the British in their war against Ottomans and Germans

So then Palestine morphs in Israel and instead of a Jewish state we see a Gaza concentration camp.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join