It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police "Ambassadors" from Chicago to meet with RCMP in Hobbema, Ab

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There has been some problem from the community I'm from gang violence, what ever. The mass media in my area make my community look like its going down hill. When one person gets hurt or killed from gang violence, the media has a race from Edmonton and Red Deer to get the next gang violence story, But i noticed Edmonton has murders sometimes twice a day in that city and somehow there are more concerned with something that happens here rarely, I grew up in Edmonton for most my life and i seen more violence in Edmonton than i have come close to seeing Hobbema.

And supposedly the gang violence is escalating here and now we need some new tactics for the newbie RCMP, so they send a couple of Chicago police men to train the new recruits for the line of work. I dunno what anyone else thinks about this but I think something fishy is going on. American police teaching the newbies up here that is a little scary considering how America's police are backward and probably the most racist people around.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I wouldn't take it as racist. The problems in Hobbema are concerning for everybody in Alberta. Yes there are murders every day in Edmonton or Calgary, but Hobbema pales in comparison with population, yet the murder rate is close to being comparable. The gangs must be stopped while there is still a place to call Hobbema.

According to the Alberta government, fifty nine percent of all murders in Alberta occur outside of the two major cities (Edm and Cgy), and of that percentage, the rates were highest in Hobbema and Ft. McMurray.
www.justice.gov.ab.ca...

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Oh really Lets see there was a murder in Edmonton a few days ago and another before that one. And here in Hobbema so far there has been only one murder and that was almost 2 months ago.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yes, really. Perhaps rather than being upset with police presence you should be asking what can you do to help stop the next murder. There is really no need to get heated over this, I am simply giving you my opinion.

Hobbema has a very small population yet is plagued by gun violence, murders, drug abuse, fragmented schools, and gangs.

Hobbema is becoming a cesspool, and people like you are attacking the problem with nothing but indifference and apathy, yet despise the very people that are trying to actually help you with solutions to your problems.

Believe me, I am in a similar boat as you. I live in Lethbridge, and I've heard that my home town has been given a new nickname, methbridge. However, I would welcome any police training or assistance to rid this city of the drugs, pushors, and users.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by bronco73]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by bronco73]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronco73
Believe me, I am in a similar boat as you. I live in Lethbridge, and I've heard that my home town has been given a new nickname, methbridge. However, I would welcome any police training or assistance to rid this city of the drugs, pushors, and users.

And you'd probably give away your freedoms to the Americans if the DEA promised to clean up your town. You talk about the American cops like they're your saviours, and the only solution to the problems. In fact, you sound a lot like a cop yourself. But anyone who understands how imperialism works will see the police presence as a first step by the USA towards policing ALL Canadians.

Perhaps you haven't heard of Marc Emery. He's being made an example of by the DEA for ALL Canadians to see. And yet, they arrested him in Canada. How do they get jurisdiction here? If/When the Americans want to ignore our freedoms, they can and will. But when we invite them into our country to police us FOR ANY AND ALL REASONS we are just giving away our sovereignty. For some people, the border means nothing.

Obviously something needs to be done to fix the problem. How about more CANADIAN police? I realize that there are more experienced police for dealing with gangs/drugs in the USA, but that doesn't justify the American police presence in Canada. Police training is one option, either by Canadians in their own country, or a trip to the USA. If the RCMP in Hobbema/Lethbridge is so desperate for help, they should ask for assistance from the Alberta/Canadian government. If they absolutely NEED to be trained by Americans, they should be trained IN America. By bringing US police into Canada WE as Canadians are opening a door to the US to police us in the future. And this can also mean MILITARILY. We're giving up our sovereignty. It's only so long before some disaster in Canada allows our government and the Americans to justify "help" from the American military/National Guard. And I can only assume people like you would be happy to know that our "protectors" to the south are more than willing to "rescue" us.

OR INVADE US

We Canadians are fully capable of handling our own affairs, and I would rather keep the American police state mentality out of our country.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light
And you'd probably give away your freedoms to the Americans if the DEA promised to clean up your town. You talk about the American cops like they're your saviours, and the only solution to the problems. In fact, you sound a lot like a cop yourself. But anyone who understands how imperialism works will see the police presence as a first step by the USA towards policing ALL Canadians.

I was simply stating that the police from Chicago may have another method of tackling the very serious issues in Hobbema. BTW, I may sound like a cop, but you sound like a raving lunatic.

Perhaps you haven't heard of Marc Emery. He's being made an example of by the DEA for ALL Canadians to see. And yet, they arrested him in Canada. How do they get jurisdiction here? If/When the Americans want to ignore our freedoms, they can and will. But when we invite them into our country to police us FOR ANY AND ALL REASONS we are just giving away our sovereignty. For some people, the border means nothing.

Cute little story that has nothing to do with this current subject. THIS subject is about police officers from Chicago lending a hand to an area of Alberta that is riddled with gang crimes. It has nothing to do with the DEA. Make your sovereignity speech someplace else. What you are doing here is akin to thread hijacking.

Obviously something needs to be done to fix the problem. How about more CANADIAN police? I realize that there are more experienced police for dealing with gangs/drugs in the USA, but that doesn't justify the American police presence in Canada. Police training is one option, either by Canadians in their own country, or a trip to the USA. If the RCMP in Hobbema/Lethbridge is so desperate for help, they should ask for assistance from the Alberta/Canadian government. If they absolutely NEED to be trained by Americans, they should be trained IN America. By bringing US police into Canada WE as Canadians are opening a door to the US to police us in the future. And this can also mean MILITARILY. We're giving up our sovereignty. It's only so long before some disaster in Canada allows our government and the Americans to justify "help" from the American military/National Guard. And I can only assume people like you would be happy to know that our "protectors" to the south are more than willing to "rescue" us.

The CANADIAN police are going to be the ones doing the work. They are getting the help of the American police because they have more experience with gang violence. The Chicago police aren't forcing themselves on anybody, as a matter of fact I'm virtually certain that their assistance was requested by the Canadian police.

There you go off on another tangent completely unrelated to this thread. First DEA, now MILITARY. What's next, the ISA?

OR INVADE US

We Canadians are fully capable of handling our own affairs, and I would rather keep the American police state mentality out of our country.

If that were the case, then they would not have requested the assistance of the Chicago police.

You are attempting to equate this minor thing with some sort of invasion conspiracy, and you couldn't be further from the truth. You are either just doing it to get your voice heard or you (and I mean no ill will here) need some serious psychiatric help, because there is no way that THIS issue has anything to do with some sort of Conspiracy to take over Canada. To even think it is rather simple minded.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I was simply stating that the police from Chicago may have another method of tackling the very serious issues in Hobbema. BTW, I may sound like a cop, but you sound like a raving lunatic.

Wow, I must have touched a nerve. Rather than respond in an intelligent and thoughtful manner, you chose to just attack my post. You were stating your opinion, and I was stating mine, but only one of us degraded this thread by insulting the other person's opinion.

Cute little story that has nothing to do with this current subject. THIS subject is about police officers from Chicago lending a hand to an area of Alberta that is riddled with gang crimes. It has nothing to do with the DEA. Make your sovereignity speech someplace else. What you are doing here is akin to thread hijacking.

Are you the OP? Nope. According to the first post, written by 'okimas', this thread is also discussing:

"... a couple of Chicago police men to train the new recruits for the line of work. I dunno what anyone else thinks about this but I think something fishy is going on. American police teaching the newbies up here that is a little scary considering how America's police are backward and probably the most racist people around."

My "cute little story" is an example of how the American authorities, including police, have no respect for our sovereignty. It's an example of why we DON'T need the US law enforcement agencies conducting ANY business in Canada, EVER. The DEA and the American police are so similar in training and the tactics they use that I'd have a hard time distinguishing the two. And both are COMPLETELY "backward" in MANY ways.

So your claims of "thread hijacking" are baseless and immature. If you don't want to respond to me, THEN DON'T. If my "sovereignty speech" is making you angry then I guess you shouldn't read it, or respond to me. But your bully tactics have made you come across like a child. I am entitled to my opinion, and if you disagree then you should explain to me why I'm wrong, not change the subject. And instead of responding to things that have "nothing to do with this current subject", why won't you respond to my comments which do?

The CANADIAN police are going to be the ones doing the work. They are getting the help of the American police because they have more experience with gang violence. The Chicago police aren't forcing themselves on anybody, as a matter of fact I'm virtually certain that their assistance was requested by the Canadian police.

Once again, rather than respond to the part of my post which "has nothing to do with this current subject", why don't you respond to the comments which do? I addressed the alternatives to bringing in Americans in my first post, but you chose to ignore what I said, and instead resorted to insulting my opinions. I don't want to repeat myself, so maybe you should read the portion of my first post which discusses this exact issue.

There you go off on another tangent completely unrelated to this thread. First DEA, now MILITARY. What's next, the ISA?

And there you go again, ignoring what I've said in favour of sarcasm. Your communication skills are lacking.

You are attempting to equate this minor thing with some sort of invasion conspiracy, and you couldn't be further from the truth. You are either just doing it to get your voice heard or you (and I mean no ill will here) need some serious psychiatric help, because there is no way that THIS issue has anything to do with some sort of Conspiracy to take over Canada. To even think it is rather simple minded.

You disagree with me, so my opinions must be crazy, and not worth any real response, only insults and sarcasm. To you, this is a "minor thing."

Stay classy

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Brother = US
Sister = Canada

Nothing wrong with brother and sister learning from each other.

No conspiracy here, move along.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say the police from Chicago actually called the head of RCMP and told them we have techniques and different ways of "solving" your problem.
This was not a cry out for help for government to look for a solution.
This was a cry for help from the RCMP for there trainees.
And I'm sorry to say our community is not a cesspool, we actually have a lot of committed people in rebuilding our community. It is just the media making it seem worse than it really is.
I have been living in the area for a while now and the violence here is greatly outweighed by the violence going on in Edmonton for example

Yes we have violence, drug and alcohol abuse problems because a lot of our Native American communities are still in a process of healing our people been screwed over a lot over the centuries, residential school, genocide, The European Doctrine. But what community doesn't

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If that were the case, then they would not have requested the assistance of the Chicago police.

Who asked for help? According to the OP. things are not so bad that these actions are necessary. But even if they are, the OP's and my point is that the assistance doesn't necessarily have to come from the Americans. Toronto and Montreal have had drug and gang problems, and therefore have gained experience. Couldn't the Hobbema police have requested assistance / training from these units? Why the Americans?

That's one of the main things that this thread is asking. You can have whatever opinion you want about the American police, but some of us feel like the Americans offer no solutions which can't be found here in Canada. And we don't trust the American police, especially the corrupt and racist ones from Chicago. (If the racism and corruption of Chicago police is news to you, I'd advise you look into it before responding further.)

You are either just doing it to get your voice heard or you (and I mean no ill will here) need some serious psychiatric help, because there is no way that THIS issue has anything to do with some sort of Conspiracy to take over Canada.

Maybe I'm just sharing my opinions, and didn't expect to be attacked. Because THIS issue has everything to do with setting a precedent.

Who said the "C" word? I certainly didn't. I'm talking about a scenario which could easily happen if some kind of large-scale disaster occurred. This could mean a natural disaster. And I didn't say anything about Americans "taking over Canada". When I said "OR INVADE US" I was referring to the very real concern of many Canadians who worry about a disaster giving American and Canadian governments the justification to allow US military into Canada. In my eyes, the policing of Canadians by any American force (police or otherwise), constitutes an invasion. If some people (like you) are so desperate for help, (for example when there is a gang/drug problem), that ANY help (including bringing in the Americans) is on the table, why wouldn't the same rules apply in a disaster scenario?

This thread is discussing one of the ways in which this could occur, IMO. This thread is discussing an issue, which is DIRECTLY connected to the larger issue of our sovereignty. The issue in this thread is: "When the Canadian police need help, because the problems are so bad, we can always bring the Americans in." This is a precursor, a sign of things to come.

In your second post, you said: "I would welcome any police training or assistance to rid this city of the drugs, pushors, and users."

Define "any."

new topics

top topics

join