It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danica Patrick caught speeding, and pays fine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP)—Danica Patrick paid a $196 fine to settle a speeding ticket after the star race car driver was caught going 54 mph in a 35 mph zone last month
sports.yahoo.com...

Am I the only one who wants to say "Bad girl, go to my room." Lol. But I wonder if this would have made the news if she weren't a Indy race car driver? The answer is of course not. But wow, 19 over, thats one heck of a fine!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Probably a set fine for speeding, then a dollar amount for every mile above 10 over, etc.

I once had to fight a school zone speeding ticket, that was well over $300... Even though I was speeding (faster than the 15mph school limit, but not the 35mpg speed limit), there was no way I could have known I was in the school zone (sign was before my street), so I beat the ticket in traffic court. (woo hoo!) It was especially fun because I was ticketed in one of those sting operations. I'll never forget the smile on the cop as she emerged from behind the bus stop, and then a street down, another cop pulled me over.

I tried to tell him when he pulled me over, but he still wrote the ticket.
Told him I'd see him in court, and I did, with a poster of photos and overhead diagrams. The judge agreed, and threw out the charge.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Gazrok]

new topics

join