It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo? filmed over Milan 24/12/08 very clear footage of an object filmed in broad daylight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
Let me try to explain to you in simple words the meaning of the term Perspective when applied to Optics.
You can explain with complex words, I have a dictionary.

The videographer was filming below the level where the two objects were located: The UFO and the chimney of that building. The chimney is located below the UFO that is the UFO was above the level of the chimney, at higher altitude.
So far so good (so what, like the Megadeth album). With that I agree.

Therefore and by consequence there are two different visual perspectives to the camera at different distances and altitudes. The sun is reflecting it's light on both obects, the UFO and the chimney plus the roof.
In the vertical plane, yes. And if I can nit-pick, the objects are the ones reflecting the light, the Sun just emits it, it may be reflected or not by the objects that catch its light.

Because the UFO is higher than the chimney the sunlight reflection appears SLIGHTLY different than the chimney, by logic because of the angle. But it is in the same direction, the difference is the altitude in relation to the reference point in this case the chimney. This is known as Perspective when you have references in a video.
OK, so the UFO is higher than the chimney and higher than the camera, but the direction of the reflection is related also to the position of the Sun and it has nothing to do with the altitude of the object, considering that both objects, UFO and chimney, appear to have the same shape on a vertical projection, round.

You can't expect to have a parallel reflection meaning identical in two objects that are at different levels of altitude and distance. in any case the difference between both objects UFO and chimney is almost nothing considering one is higher than the other, then both are consistent. Check the image and make your calculations.
OK, now is my turn to try to explain, so please be patient.

In the simple image above I tried to reproduce a view from above, with the orange circle representing the Sun, the smaller grey circle the chimney, the larger grey circle the UFO and the blue "thing" the camera.

The orange lines represent the sunlight shining on the objects, the blue lines represent what the camera sees as the centre of the objects and the green lines represent the limits of the object as seen from the camera.

As you can see, the position of the orange line on the smaller grey circle (to the right of the centre, when seen from the camera) is different from the position on the larger grey circle (near the middle of the circle), because the distance from the Sun is not correct. As we see things on Earth, the angle between the light that shines on the chimney and the light that shines on the UFO can be considered zero (and one of the reasons is that the Sun is bigger than the distance between both objects), that is why I talked about "parallel rays"

If I change the drawing to use parallel Sun rays it will look closer to the true.

As you can see, the reflection is closer to the centre of the UFO (and even a little to the left of the centre), like in the video, but for this to happen I think that the other relative positions are right, meaning that the objects were close to each other, if they were more farther apart then would have a smaller difference because of the reducing of the difference between the angles, that is why two planets millions of kilometres away may look like they are illuminated from the same direction when they are millions of miles apart.

PS: You can see why I wanted to make a test, nothing like real life to see if our theories are right or wrong. According to my drawings, the difference in the position of the reflections is possible, the position of the reflection is a possible one, but I do not know what influence the distance and size of the objects would have on the reflection.

PPS: I made two more images to see what happens when one of the objects is farther away.

As expected, because the object is farther away, the differences become smaller, so, for a far away (when compared with the chimney) UFO the reflection should not move a lot, unless the UFO was all over the place, but always more to the left, because the reflection was never on the right side of the UFO.

In conclusion, my idea that the position of the reflection could be a result of having a light source closer to the objects (like it would be in a CGI case) works exactly in the opposite of what I thought.

It only works in this way for a far away light source and objects close to the camera, so the possibilities of this being CGI, in my opinion, are smaller than they were before.

Sorry for the long post and the bad drawings, but this is the best way of really seeing things when we cannot use real objects and light sources.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have a very open mind and I believe in life out there. I believe that there are beings that are far more advanced then we are. To date I have not seen any picture of a UFO that convinces me I am looking at a picture of a real UFO.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
For my first trick, I am going to show you that photo that I embossed at 0 degrees. Anyone have any idea what those weird hairs are?

I don't see any trick here with all due respect wylekat, neither weird hairs.
Just what is known as.... Artifacts. Very popular in video and photo
analysis, no big deal. Therefore I would like to ask you:

First, why don't you tell us exactly what do you think those "weird hairs"
may be in your opinion ? Go ahead.

Second, Why don't you ask a real expert like Mr. Ritzman who is a
member what those kind of weird hairs are in your embossed image ?

[edit on 5-1-2009 by free_spirit]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There's also a third ufo vid that was posted earlier that was from the same guy, seems you can't debunk them all right?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anyone come clean on this.
I have photos of a never seen before Tesla invention that under
low voltage testing shows a series of stripes. Perhaps the flares
are the indication of an actual saucer. Something to be considered
by those of the Anti Tesla Free Energy Conspiracy.

The activity of an advanced invention in a saucer application
is a proposed device for the agile saucer and perhaps the source
of a bright lights ring around the craft and the source of any
vertical beam.

However this device is not required on all saucers as only a coil
perhaps suffices.

The Radiant energy bulb has been modified and requires no
glass envelope for saucer drive. The Foo simply sparked its
way around the skies on a drive modified by magnets.
See movable air currents modified by magnets written up in 1892.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

What gets me is why you would even make a thread about such an obvious hoax? You have wasted your own time my time and everybody else here on this. There is too much of this crap now and I think most of us are sick of it and would rather not have to here about ufo's unless they came and landed in our back gardens.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

We have to have obvious hoaxes to make the deniers job easier.

But they mimic clues so you will be faked out whenever the random
individual captures true saucer operation as in IRAQ.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33
reply to post by tarifa37

What gets me is why you would even make a thread about such an obvious hoax? You have wasted your own time my time and everybody else here on this. There is too much of this crap now and I think most of us are sick of it and would rather not have to here about ufo's unless they came and landed in our back gardens.

What gets me is that someone who is seemingly not interested in the subject, wastes his time by reading this thread then wastes even more time writing the pointless reply above,that makes sweeping statements regarding other ats members.Have you done a survey? I would not waste my time reading one of the 911 conspiracy theory threads ,so I don't.If you read this thread you will find that some of the members have taken time and energy to constructively analysis the video and its not that easy to debunk.I am not saying that I believe it to be real but members should be given the chance to make their own minds up.Hence the 86 replies this thread has had.Remember no one has put a gun against your head ,you can choose what threads you want to look at. Furthermore please post a link to a ufo video that you know 100% for sure features a real exterterestial ufo,because unless you can do that then every single ufo video or thread that you have ever read or looked at would also have been a waste of your time.
Cheers Tarifa37

P.S If its "such an obvious hoax " please let everybody in on how you think it was made and please back your statement up with proof of the methods used software used etc or if using a model how he did it from the attic room window that he was filming from and maybe even replicate it yourself, but then again I would not want to waste anymore of your valuable time.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It looks like a shiny brass button pasted onto a clean sheet of glass or plexiglass and someone is filming through it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I put it down as fake, one of those 100 Australian jobs. You don't see reall UFOs with tall mast like that especially with a light on top. The camera shake is natural when zooming in. It magnifies all hand movement and the closer the zoom, the worse it is. But the guy's words...they just didn't sound believable to me.

HH

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here is my problem with the videos.

1. The object is stationary through the entire 4 and half minutes of video, as if the alledged UFO is "posing" for the camera.

2. The "orb" is also stationary, in the same spot through the entire video.

3. Even zoomed out, the camera is still very unsteady. Hell my grandma can old a camera more steady than this. Most cameras these days also incorporate "steady shot" feature, that alone would have helped, I am sure this guy's cam would have that unless he is using a camera thats older than 5 years.

4. Looks too "toyish", like made from a light grade polished plastic.

5. Shoots another video in the same location, UFO is in same spot. Again is this particular UFO posing for this one guy?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

I watched this video several times, and I can agree that it is the best YouTube video I have seen lately... There doesn't seem to be much pixilated area around the UFO itself. If it is real, then it is a fantastic video... If it is CGI, then the maker should go to Hollywood. Nice touch too, as the object speeds away out of frame, becoming smaller very quickly. Could be worthwhile to subject this to further analysis.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That "reflection" is simply lens flare and can sometimes be seen as not one but 3 spaced reproductions of either the bottom glint of the top glint. Many so called "orbs" are created by similar flares but people prefer to think they're aliens, ghosts, etc. Just the light bouncing around inside the lens especially zoom lenses which have multiple elements.

On some frames the lens flare disappears proving it's not a wire or an antenna.

Originally posted by RFBurns
I like the way the camera is purposely shook all over the place to try to hide the wire that is holding up this "UFO". At times you can see its reflection in the sunlight in a few frames. Constantly stays zoomed in, no reference to anything else in the area.

IMO...not real. Fabrication.

Cheers!!!!!

[edit on 30-12-2008 by RFBurns]

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Learhoag]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

I noticed that dark area, and if you look carefully you can see that this dark area is present in all images in the same place.

I don't know what it could be, maybe something on the camera.

Just happen to be reviewing the thread and wonder if pre flight path
photo objects exist on other high flying bright fliers with trails.

The subject of the photo might be the discovery of such evidence
while a fake saucer is touted as the main subject to shake off the
evidence of an ether disturbance in advance of the unknown aircraft.

Just a thought but might be worth looking for if not a blot on the
lens that the plane just happened to fly into.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join