It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 672
<< 669  670  671    673  674  675 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalloway
The fact is, if it blows without warning during this time of the year with all of the snow on the ground, there will be no use in even trying to make a run for it from where I live. The roads would be impassible and who knows what will be falling from the sky. I figure our best bet will be to live in our SUV for a day or so after it blows and wait until the roof of the house collapses. Then we'll see if it's possible for us to find some sort of shelter under the rubble and basically hold onto each other dearly until we die a few days (hours?) later. One thing I am going to do in response to the last 12 hours of posts is to keep the gas tank in the SUV filled just in case we should get enough notice ahead of a large eruption and making a run for it is plausible.

Here's the thing: I looked around the Internet a little bit more last night and today, and I found that Trip3 has been posting the exact same information that he has posted here on at least one more forum at another site on a thread he started on January 26th. In other words, if he is making all of this up, he works VERY fast on his feet.

Check post #733 in that discussion.

Note the date and time stamp, and recognize the fact that post is unedited. Note this this is numerous hours in advance of the 22:25 shut-down of the seismographs at Yellowstone, not to mention the appearance next day (28th) of the spike seismic refraction signatures from detonation of charges in the vacinity YJC and YMP stations.

(nice find, btw, You're the first to do so on your own).

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

Okay gotcha. Now I understand why it didnt make sense! Please accept my apologies and thank you for setting me straight.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wrong, I'm not done with it. Since, I'm arguing with, a name calling, professional geologist, I feel a bit out gunned. So, I've decided to recruit a geologist. I have emailed someone and hopefully they'll give a different version of events, with some "more" expert opinion. Then we can compare, present both cases and have people decide for themselves. If they're explaination is lame and sounds fishy, hell, I'd jump in your court. If there's a real conspiracy, I want to know about it. And I want some facts. Like, any. A internal memo. Some data that conflicts with what we're seeing. A whisltle blower doesn't not come on to ATS to sound their alarm. They take their evidence and try to find a reliable reporter to cover their story. Like Deep Throat.

I highly doubt Mark Felt would have gone to the National Enquier to leak information. No offense guys, I live here at ATS. But let's be real. In fact, this thing has been good for me. I need the distraction. I needed to call an actual spade, a spade.

So maybe we should just halt the debate of harmonic tremors and the uplift and the closed door meeting until we have a good source. It's getting to hot anyway. And cool heads should prevail. I'm sure Redcoat won't mind. We need to have rules and a referee to have a real debate. So we'll wait for the official story behind these events and then you can argue why I should believe you and not them.

There were no harmonic tremors on YMR. Until you can explain this. I cannot enter into a serious debate.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

It checks out.

I've started editing this reply a couple of times but then I have changed my mind and deleted what I've written because I basically don't know what else to say except that everything you've said here checks out on the other forum.

edit on 24-2-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-2-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Wrong, I'm not done with it. Since, I'm arguing with, a name calling, professional geologist, I feel a bit out gunned. So, I've decided to recruit a geologist. I have emailed someone and hopefully they'll give a different version of events, with some "more" expert opinion. Then we can compare, present both cases and have people decide for themselves. If they're explaination is lame and sounds fishy, hell, I'd jump in your court. If there's a real conspiracy, I want to know about it. And I want some facts. Like, any. A internal memo. Some data that conflicts with what we're seeing. A whisltle blower doesn't not come on to ATS to sound their alarm. They take their evidence and try to find a reliable reporter to cover their story. Like Deep Throat.

I highly doubt Mark Felt would have gone to the National Enquier to leak information. No offense guys, I live here at ATS. But let's be real. In fact, this thing has been good for me. I need the distraction. I needed to call an actual spade, a spade.

So maybe we should just halt the debate of harmonic tremors and the uplift and the closed door meeting until we have a good source. It's getting to hot anyway. And cool heads should prevail. I'm sure Redcoat won't mind. We need to have rules and a referee to have a real debate. So we'll wait for the official story behind these events and then you can argue why I should believe you and not them.

There were no harmonic tremors on YMR. Until you can explain this. I cannot enter into a serious debate.

Name calling, professional geologist? From someone who just called me a "lair"? I suppose I should be content to be recognized as a professional geologist, though I'm not really trying to establish credentials.

As for the reference,and to reiterate, I was uncertain as to your gender as "Robin" is somewhat of an androgynous name. I meant no offense in the "chick" reference and was only hoping to establish that was your video. I most humbly apologize for that reference, and do throw myself on the mercy of the court as having never subscribed to PC, though I do hold the fairer sex in high regard.

As far as my appearance on ATS, it comes down to one person reading various threads here and then repeatedly putting the Yellowstone reference in front of my nose. It really didn't involve a whole lot of consideration.

Incidentally, I much prefer the reference "Magma Throat", although I've not yet run this moniker past him; there's not been much opportunity for humor.

I guess I should notify my contact there are no harmonic tremors at YS, and he should stand down.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

You are a liar. After I accused you of being a liar, you replied with, "I've not denigrated you being "a girl". I could care less. I just saw a video on my arrival and was wondering if that was you, or you were offering another's experiment."

But that's not true at all. Here's what you said before that, "Robin. I'm curious, are you the chick that blew up **** on the side of her bathtub and imagines this is an experiment in volcano prediction? Or are you a guy?

You lie, firstly called a woman a chick is offensive. And if you thought I may be a man, it would be offensive to a man. The you mock my experiment by saying the chick that blew up "shiat". Kinda rude for a profession educated individual. And it's obvious you could care less, or more, because you seemed determined to determine if I was a guy "Or are you a guy?" Your intent is obvious, and it degrading to women. Make fun of my experiment, you wouldn't be the first nor the funniest.

I'm not name calling. If he is lying, he is a liar. And he made a false statement after displaying his crudeness. You're lucky this is on the internet cause if you said that to me in a club you'd be having some fun.

I'll hopefully get an email soon.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Trip3

You are a liar. After I accused you of being a liar, you replied with, "I've not denigrated you being "a girl". I could care less. I just saw a video on my arrival and was wondering if that was you, or you were offering another's experiment."

But that's not true at all. Here's what you said before that, "Robin. I'm curious, are you the chick that blew up **** on the side of her bathtub and imagines this is an experiment in volcano prediction? Or are you a guy?

You lie, firstly called a woman a chick is offensive. And if you thought I may be a man, it would be offensive to a man. The you mock my experiment by saying the chick that blew up "shiat". Kinda rude for a profession educated individual. And it's obvious you could care less, or more, because you seemed determined to determine if I was a guy "Or are you a guy?" Your intent is obvious, and it degrading to women. Make fun of my experiment, you wouldn't be the first nor the funniest.

I'm not name calling. If he is lying, he is a liar. And he made a false statement after displaying his crudeness. You're lucky this is on the internet cause if you said that to me in a club you'd be having some fun.

I'll hopefully get an email soon.

As you've now repeatedly made an ad hominem assertion, I'll make this really simple:

Just how, specifically, am I a "liar" in your view?

I really have no ego invested in what's going on at Yellowstone, but I find it most curious that you do appear to have quite a lot involved.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

Show me harmonic tremors on YMR or YFT and I'll stand down.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

I'll try make this simple, you dinegrated me as a human being. Shiat on my tub. Your whole tone was completly disrespectful. And then you denied being deinegrating. The entire statement was deinegrating. Chick is deinegrating. Did you know study any humanities on your way to higher knowledge?

Denial is not the truth.
Not telling the truth is lying.
People who engage in telling untruths are liars.

Simple answer. Simple definition.
edit on 24-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Trip3

Show me harmonic tremors on YMR or YFT and I'll stand down.

While I sincerely do not understand your affinity for the YMR station, I have to honestly question why you would choose two of the most noisy stations, Madison River and Old Faithful, and also expect that these show harmonic tremors. Why would these two specific stations need to register harmonic tremors for them to be in evidence?

This ignores that fact that I question the possibility of "showing you" those HTs, even if they were present in the seismograms of those two stations.

edit on 24-2-2011 by Trip3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh for the love of ......

One thing is clear. This is a serious matter.

Character attacking aside, I'm trying to listen to what both sides have to say, but it's getting more and more difficult to filter through the bs to the actual information.

And for the record, just because a person is a professional (geologist, accountant, etc.) doesn't mean they are immune from responding in the manner that Trip3 has been (however you are interpreting that to be - whether good or bad). All I mean by that, is don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Okay. Sorry for that. I was trying not to post anything because I didn't want to get stuff flung at me too (I'm a sensitive being...go easy on me)

But I really, REALLY would like to feel comfortable in my decision of how to feel about what is really going on at Yellowstone without feeling like I'm being "unfaithful" to the great folks here who have put in a huge amount of time & effort into this thread. I have great respect for you guys and what you have to say, but I am curious.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Trip3

I'll try make this simple, you dinegrated me as a human being. Shiat on my tub. Your whole tone was completly disrespectful. And then you denied being deinegrating. The entire statement was deinegrating. Chick is deinegrating. Did you know study any humanities on your way to higher knowledge?

Denial is not the truth.
Not telling the truth is lying.
People who engage in telling untruths are liars.

Simple answer. Simple definition.

Humanities? I managed to graduate with two undergrad majors and a minor in 4-years time, so I suspect I have.

I intended no disrespect, and was frustrated in having to intuit what was shown by that test, and how it might be applicable to prediction of volcanic eruptions. Similar frustrations seem to have continued in ongoing exchanges.

That we do not subscribe to the same ideologies is rather obvious, but at this point I'm not planning on further apologies for that fact. I do however find your own education lacking in the necessary recognition of the applicability of words, particularly "liar".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

Because, YMR picks up EVERYTHING - EVERYWHERE! - As pointed out earlier - as such, it would pick up any HT in the park or surrounding area.

Guess you don't have any idea either as to the spike drop.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by Trip3

Because, YMR picks up EVERYTHING - EVERYWHERE! - As pointed out earlier - as such, it would pick up any HT in the park or surrounding area.

Guess you don't have any idea either as to the spike drop.

I'm pretty sure that "everything -everywhere" isn't exactly accurate, and in the sense that it might be true, would tend to limit registration of the more localized, and less-strong, seismic events.

Spike drop? I'm busy tracking down the Ghost Busters to corner those "phantom quakes".

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
this thread has gone WAYYYYYYYYYY off topic.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Anyone who knows me, know I can't shut up.

You said, "I really have no ego invested in what's going on at Yellowstone, but I find it most curious that you do appear to have quite a lot involved."

Finally, something to agree with. I've got alot involved in Yellowstone, more than you can ever know. I am a sentinal. If I thought this puppy was wagging it's tail and about to blow, I'd be doing nothing else but trying to alert people of the danger and would giving everything I have to help save lives. I watch the thing every freacking day. I love YMR. It's so sensitive. One look and you see lots of everything. Sure it's noisy. But once you learn to not freak when you see the plow, and you differientiate between all the varying signals, it shows you all kinds of quakes from far away places. It actually help me learn how to read these squiggly lines. It was so messy I had to learn to find the real stuff in the mix. So looking at the other graphs is a breeze and takes but a glance.

And that bath tub joke. Call it what you like. It's absolute pure genius and I'm not afraid to say it because I'm pissed off. Did any of you read the study I gave you? Woah, I sounded like a teacher- didn't like that. Didn't any of you read the report about the wobbly plug? How could you not see that my experiment was exactly the same.

Well not exactly, mine was more complicated. It only seems simple. I'm sure not many people even under what's happening. Do you? Hell, if I thought you were really a geologist I'd beg you to look at my work and read my stuff cause I dund my homewerk. That crap in the tub was showing you how Yellowstone will blow.

Invested. I made my videos because I was trying to reach people, and geologist, so they could understand that volcanoes can erupt much more violently than we thought. My experiment support my hypothesis. You don't have to tell me how devestating it will be when she goes. I know.

After my video flop. And other failed attempts at trying to convince anyone of anything, I ended up here. A refugee. I tried to get the people here to listen, that didn't work either. But in the process, I just started writing, and writing, and writing and writing. I've dug up history on Yella, I've found all kinds of studies and graphs, and watch the GPS. Yeah, I got lots invested in this. I used to watch the water levels. I had to stop. We all have limits.

I need to confess. I haven't been here from the start. It just seems that way. I jumped in real late. Someone had invited me after seeing my video. I was late, but have been here, everyday, ever since.

When I came on here I was ranting and raving and telling people I knew everything about Yellowstone and what was going to happen if it blew. I knew about my hypothesis, and no one else had a clue. Like a very bad sci-fi movie. I tried and tried to get them to listen. And then I got distracted because I was freaking about the weird caterpiller, or pipe cleaners that were popping on LKWY. I made fool of myself because I really didn't undertand the webicorders and all the signals. I was so upset because that not what I wanted to talk about. No one would entertain my idea.

So, after the swarm died down. And I was right to freak out and raise alarm bells. Some damn scary stuff was happening under the lake, and it's proven with the new report that Anmarie gave us. There was lots of fluid movement under the lake and lots of explosions. WOW. That's scary stuff. That was a close call.

The second swarm, I was not panicked, I was excited. Because I had predict there was going to be another swarm. When it showed up, I was so happy it wasn't in the lake. I could breath and watch on of these normal swarms they were always talking about. I raise no alarms. I watch every minute of it, save sleep and other chores. All those thousands. My little thousands. That sounds arrogant but it's not. They were my babies. My hypothesis was succeful and I had documented it here. Science needs proof. So I decided that if I could accurately predict a swarm based on calculations, then someone should listen to me and investigater. Nope.

So I'm here because I'm a watchman. I watch Yellowstone. I stopped watching Old Faithful as well. Lots of people watch Old Faithful. It shows wierd signs, everyone will be talking. I watch because I truly believe that I understand volcanoes and how they work from research provided by geologists.

I think I have a good grasp of what's happening at Yellowstone. And you too late telling that the caldera is rising. It had been. From 2004 until 2010, it rose alarmingly rapidly. I was alarmed and said so. But it would seem that the vigous quakes from the 2010 released energy and now we have no real uplift, it had flucuated in the months follow. But now it seems to have stopped. Really, I'm not too reassured that it means it will subside. And that concerns me. And should be something to watch and wonder. When will it subside? Will it subside.

Even the quakes are quiet. We're bored. Bored bored bored. We don't want it to erupt. We just want those little clusters that gets everyone talking and wondering.

I don't even understand why you'd come out here. Even if we all jumped on your bandwagon, then what?
Do you expect us to phone the media and tell them you said some stuff. Then what?

You start by claiming there were harmonic tremors. There were no harmonic tremors.
Or are you still insisting they are harmonic tremors?

And if you're handy with a computer and you have now post some pictures. Put your Mt St Helens harmonic tremors along with the readings you say are harmonic tremors.

Stop already.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

I found this forum also but what you are leaving out is the fact that people don't believe him or his credentials on the other forum either...or the fact that they also don't believe that these were HT's, or the fact that they also think he is fear mongering? Is there a reason this was all left out?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What's happening at Yellowstone?

It's been a cold harsh winter. Some bison were forced to flee. Now they're going to become meat.

www.nativetimes.com...:judge-yellowstone-bison-slaughter-can-proceed&catid=56&Itemid=32

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ashleys27

Two of the primary detractors there in that discusion are Samm, and Cav.

Samm doesn't like the use of word "imminent" and doesn't appreciate that these events have gone on since 2003 through 2010, nor that a volcano this size doesn't operate under personal time frames.

And Cav, let's just say that Cav and I have outstanding personal issues regarding in email list he was involved in, and his question via email how he thought our armed forces would react in the event of civilian uprising against government transgressions. That the email addy he provided on his own, was through government channels was his own misjudgment. More recently Cav threw his own integrity out the window in a mocking thread that turned full-round to bite him on the arse. That's life.

None of those distractions have any bearing on my own integrity, nor my credentials, nor the fact of "the contact", which others involved there are quite a lot more informed about.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
So overnight it's gone back to bickering again. This thread is losing it's credibility. How about keeping the name calling and abuse out of the posts. If you haven't got something worthwhile to contribute then how about you refrain from typing? Honestly you're acting like children.

It's more important to try to work out what's happening at Yellowstone (as the thread title more than makes clear)

top topics

<< 669  670  671    673  674  675 >>

join