It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Women Stabbed Over Break-Up Between 12-Year-Olds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Three Women Stabbed Over Break-Up Between 12-Year-Olds

www.breitbart.tv

"I turned back around and I seen everybody on the floor bleeding."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
WOW! What the hell is wrong with this woman? She stabs people because their daughter broke up with her son! During a holiday party for local kids at a recreation center! Kids were made sick from the amount of blood. And now the woman is out on bail! She could have killed people with the knife! Three stabbings, and bail. And now the family who was attacked are being threatened! This woman is CRAZY and needs too be stopped. Hopefully they will revoke bail and put her where she belongs!

www.breitbart.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is just another sign of the times. Mentally ill people left to their own devices will create some trouble. I am Bi Polar and take my medication every day and don't care to get off of it. Too many people are undiagnosed for serious mental illness and many times those that are diagnosed are not indigent and aren't covered by any kind of funding so they don't get help. Still others like my big brother who has some issues refuse to accept they have a mental disorder because it makes them feel like less of a person and they are afraid of social phobias that exist. Even on medication some still ostracize mentally ill people. I have found that being honest and up front about your illness and it effects lessens some of the phobias. That and showing people that while managing your illness you are quite normal.

I hope under Obama more help will come to those who can't get it and that more people will be safe from those who are a risk to themselves and society.
More needs to be done to educate people of mental illness and it's signs and symptoms. When some of the social phobias and ignorance is eliminated more people will be willing to get the help they need.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GamerGalHey GamerGal what is your natural color of hair? I love the way you have it in this avatar. It is so original and I like that. Some of that originality leaves as we get older yet I wish a little of that carried over. Kinda hard to be taken serious as an older adult though when you step out and do something original and unique.

I hope more people will chime in about this story you've shared cause it is worthy of discussion. This is an obvious case of mental illness and that alone needs discussion.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Being bi polar.
Leaves you open to unpredictability.
No matter what medication you are on, you can not be trusted 100%.
But if you disagree with that, then it shows you haven't even begun to help yourself.
My ex wife is a borderline.
It is different to Bi polar.
But I have massive experience in Psychiatric Illness's.
That I am not going to go into for personal reasons.
But I can tell you one thing, never trust them.
Because they know not what they do.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam1982
This is just another sign of the times. Mentally ill people left to their own devices will create some trouble. I am Bi Polar and take my medication every day and don't care to get off of it. Too many people are undiagnosed for serious mental illness and many times those that are diagnosed are not indigent and aren't covered by any kind of funding so they don't get help. Still others like my big brother who has some issues refuse to accept they have a mental disorder because it makes them feel like less of a person and they are afraid of social phobias that exist. Even on medication some still ostracize mentally ill people. I have found that being honest and up front about your illness and it effects lessens some of the phobias. That and showing people that while managing your illness you are quite normal.

I hope under Obama more help will come to those who can't get it and that more people will be safe from those who are a risk to themselves and society.
More needs to be done to educate people of mental illness and it's signs and symptoms. When some of the social phobias and ignorance is eliminated more people will be willing to get the help they need.

I had a friend who also made a comment to me that made me realize as a worker I was looking at the whole "patient refuses to take their meds and comes back in" wrong.

He stated, "If I thought I was married to Angelina Jolee and when I took my meds I realized I wasn't why would I keep taking them? Heck I would never take my meds either!" Quite a unique perspective there but true.

Unfortunately many people who do act like the lady in the article will stop taking their meds and end up back at square one so to speak. To make the problem even worse legally once they are taking the meds and don't pose a risk to self or others, they have to be released even though we know it's a very bad idea, the law stipulates otherwise. In the past year we've had 3 children and 1 adult killed by someone that was in this boat and we had no say in that we all knew something bad would happen when the person went off their medication.

Chances are she is already at a psych. institute and being check out by a Dr. there. 9 times out of 10 the news will say they are in jail when in fact they are not because the news media is an invasion of privacy and no one is allowed to tell anyone whose at these facilities. As workers we are not allowed to talk to or even acknowledge them in public unless they approach us fist. I don't know how many times patients have been watching the news and see themselves on TV and the other patients going, "Hey that's you!"

Meanwhile the news says their in jail and never mentions anything about a psych. eval until the trial date is set. Sure the really big names will leak out and when I say big names I mean someone that committed say a mass murder of 6+ people. Not big names like celebrities or the like and it's interesting how many actually do have problems and no one knows it.

Heck some staff that work their have been patients before and unless the staff tells you about it you would never know or even think to check the records. Has happened to me on quite a few occasions where staff will say oh you know I was a patient here once.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Darthorious]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam1982

Ive seen 40+ with purple/pink/blue/red hair, they dont have any problems apparently. Depends on where your at if such things are acceptable and not seen as a defining factor in ability or status.

Does look nice there gamergal.

To the topic....there have been reports of parents going nuts like this over other situations, like parents going crazy at kid's football games starting fights and knocking down both the young players and rolling around in the dirt with the coaches and referees.

I call it "extreme social malfunction", and contribuite it to all this extreme sport programming that has been done to the people over the last 10 years. These parents partook in extreme sports themselves so now they expect the same level of extremity from their young kids.

In this case with the mother going apes..t with the knife over a breakup of 12 yr olds...well what the hell are 12 year olds doing dating to begin with? We hear so much about teen pregnancy and such that now we are about to let that fall into the pre-teen level by letting 12 yr olds date?

WTF kind of message is that sending to young kids who are already bombarded by sexual suggestive cartoons, music and magazines? Cmon...12 yrs old? Something tells me that in this case, the 12 yr olds were influenced by more than just the outside influences of music, cartoons and magazines...perhaps the parents had something to do with it too?

And what kind of careing parent would allow their 12 yr olds to date anyway? My kids wont see their first date until they are 16..period.

Is this the kind of tolorance now being condoned to start letting adult activites dripple down into the pre teen years and lower?

Wake up people, if you are the parent of a 12 yr old or younger, and allow your kid to date, and something goes wrong, you are as much to blame IMO.

Merry Christmas!!!!

HO HO HO!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

And what kind of caring parent would allow their 12 yr olds to date anyway? My kids wont see their first date until they are 16..period.

My thoughts exactly.

On the mentally ill topic: It use to be people were placed in homes if they were homeless or mentally ill. Then the "Warm Fuzzies" took up the crusade to "free" the poor mistreated ill and homeless. Now instead of a state paid for bed the mentally ill sleep in subways and under bridges...But thats alright they are free and the "Warm Fuzzies" can point to them as a reason for another crusade for social injustice.

At work a lady had charges brought against her ex and he was placed in an institution after he tried to kill her. Unfortunately she did not move and change her name. He was turned loose, she was not notified and he killed her and then went after her parents.

At least the victims should be warned when the criminally insane are released.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It is called emotional intelligence.
For further evidence, read Euripides' play Medea.

Here's another example of emotional intelligence.
Interesting how relatively often it comes to this kind of solution.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 25-12-2008 by DangerDeath]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That woman is crazy. Stabbing three women because a girl broke up with her 12 year old? She's lucky she didn't kill somebody. The sad thing is if they go to court she'll probably get off with a few weeks of psych counseling.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The victims family already recieved more threats. I can see a restraining order in the future. But doubt the attacker would care.

new topics

top topics

join