It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats this???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
its now seven pm here in nz, just finished debating with friends over what this is, i took it about 15mins ago, it seemed to be travelling east to west quite slow, by the time my brain kicked into gear and i went and got my camera, this is the best shot i could get, im hoping someone might be able to tweek the raw photo and get a better shot,

ill post two shots, one the origanal and another marking where it is, that way theres one available that hasent been tampered with

these shots i took on a sony cybershot dsc-w110

edit to add the zoomed in image..........

[edit on 25-12-2008 by trekker]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by trekker

expanded zoom only..... shows a white sphere of somekind

not enough detail for me to identify so it's interesting.

[edit on 25-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
thats what i so before i came to my senses and rushed inside to get my camera

it was quite low, travelleling east to west at a fairly low speed,

when i first noticed it, i saw a round sphere that seemed to reflect the sun, going perfectly straight.

we have a weather centre here, one of those home jobs, and the wind was from the west

[edit on 25-12-2008 by trekker]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What part of New Zealand are you in?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
im in the bay of plenty, Tauranga

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A bright light with optical disturbances surrounding it sounds like the
typical UFO photo.

If the Tesla craft theory has anything on it I'd say the light is from
high static and voltage.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Playing devil's advocate here-
Maybe one of those shiny mylar helium party balloons? I've seen some of those flying by at a fairly decent altitude and at first glance can be mistaken for something else...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekker
its now seven pm here in nz,- - - i took it about 15mins ago, it seemed to be travelling east to west quite slow,- - -

What direction approximately were you looking?
Can you estimate the elevation above the horizon in degrees?

WG3

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i was looking north the sun was to the ssw ish and the elavation would have been abo 140o if 90o is the horizan

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Working with weather balloons for a living, I can certainly say that it closely resembles one of them.

I cant say for sure of course, but its is extremely similar. Would be great if someone could clean up the image a bit more

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Working with weather balloons for a living, I can certainly say that it closely resembles one of them.

I cant say for sure of course, but its is extremely similar. Would be great if someone could clean up the image a bit more

[edit on 12/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I wouldnt expect much result from a compressed jpg picture. Its easy to add noise and pixilization, extremely hard to remove it from a low grade source.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
i do have the original thats not compressed, if anybody wants a copy to work with,

it was travelling west, and the wind was blowing to the east

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It could be an airplane, to far to the eye or camera to resolve the details, or the sound to be heard, especially if the angle from the horizon is low (can't see in your images, there are no landmarks) . Or it could be a balloon, or whatever. The informations from the images are very low.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It looks like a weather balloon to me but then again it could be a plane or even a UFO,shame we can't get a close-up of it as it could prove interesting.
So much gets put in the skys these days it can be hard guessing what it is

new topics

top topics

join