It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arecibo reply message

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the arecibo reply message? Just type it into google and search for images. It is absolutely amazing!!!! What do you think? Can a group of people really create a crop image as intricate as that? Do you believe the Arecibo reply? The reply specifies the aliens location as Mars. Is that really possible? Mars is such an arid, dead looking place!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would welcome a response to the Arecibo message. But somehow the crop circle seems a bit 'odd' in the way of responses. Also, while I agree that Mars seems an unlikely 'source' for a response, but I am hesitant to go by what we have seen of mars.

Realistically the best that can be said is 'what we have been shown' from Mars, (and the Moon for that matter).

Time will tell I suppose. But I think it would have been more effective to simply retransmit the Arecibo message back to us. I can't say that there isn't something to the crop circle phenomena that defies explanation. But personally, I would prefer a more direct response that can't be fabricated.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've seen some threads here on ATS which have discussed this in the past (I did try doing an ATS Search before replying here, but search doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment -- wonder if I'm the only one affected) and the contributors to those threads have expressed many excellent ideas about this specific crop circle. What got me curious about this thread is this specific portion of the OP.

Originally posted by chemistry
The reply specifies the aliens location as Mars. Is that really possible? Mars is such an arid, dead looking place!!!

Why Mars?

here's the original message sent from Arecibo

and here's the arecibo reply

So how did we surmise that this crop formation indicated Mars as its point of origin?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's not just mars, the reply said they are on 3 planets, (including mars and earth)

I'll try dig up the translation of the glyph and post back soon.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by butane bob]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I also find it strange that any ET would reply to a message from Arecibo with a crop image. If they are replying, obviously they can receive radio transmissions. Seems to me that when you receive a message it would make sense to reply using the same medium.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't let me edit my post properly, anyway here's the link, read the whole thing!

www.cropcircleresearch.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The cliche alien image in the reply should tip you off that it's a joke!

IRM

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This occured years ago. I also agree that if an intelligent race out there was responding to the Arecibo message sent back in the late 70's, that they would be sending their reply to the same medium and method in which the message was sent..via radio signal.

Some would say well they did respond years ago and noticed no one re-replied so they wanted to make sure their message gets seen and not just heard. Well that may be true, but this answer crop tapestry occured many years after the original Arecibo message was sent. So why so late in imprinting their reply so many years later after receiving our message?

Anyway, there was also a face crop tapestry apparently sent a few days later after this Arecibo answer.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The alien message says they are on earth, mars, and jupiter. I'd say they are every where there is solid ground. Jupiter is a gasious planet...they might be sitting on the core, bad place to be if jupiter turns into the second sun.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by butane bob

from your link:

The difference in the Solar System information could indicate one of two scenarios; Either it still refers to our own Solar System, but in addition to highlighting Earth is also highlighting the fourth and fifth planets - Mars and Jupiter. Of course, the additional highlight on the 'fifth planet' could actually refer to the asteroid belt which lies between Mars and Jupiter and is in reality the 'fifth element' from the sun. Alternatively, it might not correspond to our own Solar System at all, but to the ET's own solar system - which would also appear to consist of nine planets. The sun is also depicted in the crop formation as slightly smaller. Could this be their smaller sun, or could it be supposed to represent some point in our own future - perhaps when the sun has become smaller and we've populated the other planets? This latter idea, although highly speculative, could even indicate the DNA modification through increased genetic experiments....?

Your link states that there is still a possibility that the planets highlighted in this crop formation are not Earth, Mars and Jupiter. I'm just curious about that part in the OP where it was stated that the point of origin is Mars. Why Mars? Please enlighten me.

[edit on 12.23.08 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Lizard King
The alien message says they are on earth, mars, and jupiter. I'd say they are every where there is solid ground. Jupiter is a gasious planet...they might be sitting on the core, bad place to be if jupiter turns into the second sun.

Perhaps not Jupiter itself, but one of its moons, like Europa with its vast oceans covered by a shell of ice..perfect place for a "water colony". Maybe they call it "Kamino". Mars could have been "Courisant" and Earth may have been "Tatoine".

I like to use the imagination now and then.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Here is a good site with some info on both the Arecibo reply and the Chibolton Face crop circle.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Can anyone explain the DNA shape in the Arecibo reply? In our message, both strands of the double helix were shown (each strand showing one and a half complete turns of the helix). In the reply, one strand is one and a half complete turns and the other is two and a half complete turns. In my opinion these two strand cannot be complementary (how can the nucleotides on a 1 and a half turn helix pair up with the nucleotides on a two and a half complete turn helix?). Does the Arecibo rply show a comparison between their DNA and ours? This would explain their advanced intellect. If they have a 2 and half turn double helix compared to our one and a half turn helix, then more proteins can be coded for in their genome, possible allowing them to have abilities that are much greater than our own. It seems likely that their DNA double helix is a result of eveolution. But what did they evolve from? Us?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
In my original OP I specified Mars because I read it on some website simewhere, but I have forgotten the link now. I am interested that some people on this thred have specified their location as Earth, Mars and Jupiter. How can one organism survive in all three of those very different environments?

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
reply to post by butane bob

from your link:

The difference in the Solar System information could indicate one of two scenarios; Either it still refers to our own Solar System, but in addition to highlighting Earth is also highlighting the fourth and fifth planets - Mars and Jupiter. Of course, the additional highlight on the 'fifth planet' could actually refer to the asteroid belt which lies between Mars and Jupiter and is in reality the 'fifth element' from the sun. Alternatively, it might not correspond to our own Solar System at all, but to the ET's own solar system - which would also appear to consist of nine planets. The sun is also depicted in the crop formation as slightly smaller. Could this be their smaller sun, or could it be supposed to represent some point in our own future - perhaps when the sun has become smaller and we've populated the other planets? This latter idea, although highly speculative, could even indicate the DNA modification through increased genetic experiments....?

Your link states that there is still a possibility that the planets highlighted in this crop formation are not Earth, Mars and Jupiter. I'm just curious about that part in the OP where it was stated that the point of origin is Mars. Why Mars? Please enlighten me.

[edit on 12.23.08 by toreishi]

look at this image.

see where the red arrow points from a place where it says "Solar System" (highlighting the third planet)"

now look at the crop glyph in the same spot.

earth and mars are raised, as well as two dots between saturn and jupiter (jupiter/saturn moons?)

there is your answer.

-

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry
In my original OP I specified Mars because I read it on some website simewhere, but I have forgotten the link now. I am interested that some people on this thred have specified their location as Earth, Mars and Jupiter. How can one organism survive in all three of those very different environments?

airtight underground/underwater/aboveground dome bases?

if they're super intelligent, they'll find a way.

-

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
This occured years ago. I also agree that if an intelligent race out there was responding to the Arecibo message sent back in the late 70's, that they would be sending their reply to the same medium and method in which the message was sent..via radio signal.

maybe it WAS initially sent back in radio transmissions...... and you just weren't told about it.

so they decided to say screw that.. we're going to make sure the entire world knows we responded and here it is.

OR

this is all a big "Jason Group"esque "set up" to support a false flag invasion.

-

[edit on 23-12-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Honestly, the message itself is just too "convenient" for me to consider it an actual reply.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
Honestly, the message itself is just too "convenient" for me to consider it an actual reply.

it should be more cryptic.. more "alieney" right?

-

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Mars, Grays, returned via crop circle. Exactly what the believers want. "Convenient".

Somebody is having a good laugh at the expense of others' credibility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join