It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seat of Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Any of you guys heard of the "seat of satan". Its supposibly an actual object that they gave this name to. I remember watching something on TV about it years ago. For some reason I just recalled it in my mind and I want to know more. I think Hitler had it moved to Germany at one time. What is it and where is it located now?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i don't believe it is a physical object. Seat of Satan means any throne, well according to this, but maybe someone else knows more about an actual object with that name.

www.acts2.com...
Revelation 2:12-13

Re 2:12 � And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

"The word "Pergamos" means �much marriage�."

"This church is said to dwell where Satan dwells. An interesting side note, historically, is that the high Babylonian mystical priesthood, which taught the religion of Semiramis, Tammuz, and Nimrod � teaching of the virgin-born Tammuz, who had the sign of the cross, born on December 25 (Christ-mass) with the holy, mistletoe, yule log, rings, beads, Easter bunnies, candles, etc. � was moved from Babylon to Pergamos in 133 B.C. This mystical Babylonian priesthood is found in Pergamos at the time of the writing of John�s Book of Revelation, and yet it pictures the subsequent removal of this high Babylonian priesthood to Rome itself, in 313 A.D."

"At the council of Nicea, when Constantine integrated the Christian Church with the World, and brought the church and state together (as you find it in the Vatican today), he took up the mystical Babylonian religion, which is found exposed in the Old Testament. If there is any doubt about this religion, we will find out when we get to Revelation 2:20 that this religion of black-robed priests, called "father," is as old as 1800 B.C.! It is no more "Christian" than a burlesque show."

"This group dwells where Satan has a seat. He speaks out of the seat � ex-cathedra � out of the chair." (just like the popes will later in history)

"The Pergamos group of Christians was living earlier under pagan Rome, and now they came under papal Rome. (The Vatican has killed more than ten times as many Christians than pagan Rome ever thought of doing.) "

here's another:
www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
worldwatcher, you've got the right idea. Those verses are exactly the reason I want to know where its at today. It is an actual real object that Hitler took from Pergamon in Turkey and moved to Germany. Thats all I can remember though

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hi KSoze,
I am a new member, but I think I know what you are talking about. I saw a special on the History Channel. It is a wooden or hooded chair that is supposed to be cursed. It was owned by Nepolean and he was sitting in it as he planned a strategic battle and ended up dying. Supposedly many collectors have owned the piece of furnature, but many died shortly after aquiring it. The reason that it is called a Hooded Chair is because the back of the chair actually forms a roof over the person sitting in the chair. It was said that Nepolean had it specially made to keep the drafts off of him when he was in the battle fields. Try searching the web for "Hooded chair" and "Nepolean". That may get you what you are looking for.

Kata.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Kata]

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Kata]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
What you all are referring to is the "Altar of Pergamon" or "Pergamon Altar". One of the few books that mentions it is Wurmbrand's "Was Marx a Satanist?" - a great read.

The Pergamon Altar was Zeus's Altar. The Nazis took it from Pergamos to Berlin, where it is in The Berlin museum. Strangely, this is also where the Ishtar Gate was replicated.

For more, see Secret Societies of Pergamos

"...Satanism -- that is to say the religion of the dragon... seems to have been contemporaneous in BABYLON and Bronze Age Britain. In both countries it was probably practiced by minority groups and became official only in times of decadence.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Aha, That is it; thanks a bunch. Now I can look into this. Its still in Berlin today. I didn't expect that. Chaos follows that thing around. It went to Russia under Stalin and Lenin after Hitler had it. I don't believe objects can be evil but if they can, that is one object thats probably evil.
You know where it was at before Berlin?...Rome to be exact...If that thing gets moved back to Rome or someone starts showing interest in moving it then I think something big is going to happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It would be the ultimate abomination that causes desolation to set it up in the Temple in Jerusalem.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Braatz, very good answer. That's what I'm getting at

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actually, it was during the German Empire (1872-1918), so no Nazis involved here:
"However, the main excavation was carried out in two campaigns, in 1879 and 1904, and shipped out of the Ottoman Empire by the German archaeological team lead by Carl Humann; it was reconstructed in the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, built in part to receive it, from 1910, where it can be seen alongside other monumental structures such as the Market Gate of Miletus and the Ishtar Gate from Babylon."

top topics

join