It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Augusta, Georgia: Riots Erupt After Cops Kill 23-year-old

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Green, I think you ned to take a relaity pill. Its a wel documented fact that the blak people of America have been treated like 3d class citizens their entire history so to say they all should just behave and grow up is rather childish.

Its always easy to spout how one should behave when one has never lived through the life of another who not so long ago was treated as subhuman.

Ah ok. So they should not grow up and take responsibility for their own lives, choices and actions? We should just give them all a FREE PASS because of history?

Sorry, but it is easy to spout how one is ALWAYS a victim and how one is never responsible for themselves.

Please tell me how there are SO MANY successful, law abiding, peaceful black people here in America? Hmmmm. Maybe because they refuse to play VICTIM and have decided to be responsible human beings. THAT is reality.

I think you are saying that being Black has nothing to do with not being able to be successfully and law abiding.....right?

Well I think that due to the fact that the US now has a Black president is testimony to what you say.

But I was wondering if you could tell me why there are so many people mostly back but of all colors in prison in the US. I think that slavery never left the US you all just call plantations prisons now.

And cops cant find slaves fast enough for your country. The way that thug was treated is testimony to the regard your country has for you and your countrymen. That thug was gunned down like an animal (I would say dog but if a cop had shot a dog 13 times he would face jail time), in the past slaves were treated with more respect then that.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

Black people in America Were some of the most honest, kind and humble people on earth ever known.

There is no reason to hang a person from a tree branch for being black, just like there is no reason to shoot a person 13 times for being a thug.

They weren't hung because they were black, they were hung because they were criminals.

Here's the most popular image that liberals use to further the anti-white agenda:

They caption this photo with phrases like "Racist whites hang black teens because they are black!" or "Evil klansmembers hang innocent black teenagers!"

Even right here, is a page on the ku klux klan where the image is used:
www.martinfrost.ws...

But what they fail to reveal is that those black people hung in that photo just got done raping and killing several people:
en.wikipedia.org...
The people that hung those two black men weren't even klansmembers at all. Don't see any white robes in the photo do you?

The fact is, back in those days, ALL criminals got hung regardless of their skin color. Here's some photos of white people that were hung in that same time period:

But whoops! No, nevermind me, only black people were hung back then, and only by evil white racists!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Black people in America Were some of the most honest, kind and humble people on earth ever known.

But just like today with cops shotting them 13 times back during the 30's and 40's they used to get hung on trees.

Revisionist history says that while TODAY the black population may be extremely prone to violent activity, that is all recent. Way back when, they were perfectly innocent little angels and lynchings happened for no good reason. They were just minding their own business when suddenly they were strung up for being black!

Read the old slave narratives, even THEY mention that violent crimes among the black population started right after emancipation. It was a problem back then…just as it is today. Except back then people took a more direct route toward justice. People don’t change that much in 50 years, don’t believe for one moment an entire ethnic group went from being saints to being the highest violent crime offenders overnight.

This is from a former slave interviewed in the 1930’s…

Freedom is all right, but de n___s was better off befo' surrender, kaze den dey was looked after an' dey didn' get in no trouble fightin' an' killin' like dey do dese days.

xroads.virginia.edu...

First of all hanging some one from a tree is not a direct route toward justice. If people want vengeance that fine as long as they call it what it is.

I understand what you are saying. But violence is a trait of all humans not just black.

I am in no way saying white people are bad. many white people died saving blacks before the civil war trying to get them to the north and many more died during the war. My posts are not about whites hatting blacks or blacks hatting whites because all colors hate and all colors are racist, just like all colors have risked their lives to help a person of another color and looked upon them as equals.

This is not entirely about the gunned downed 23 year old black man. It's about the disregard for human life that some cops and ATS posters have for others.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I am in no way saying white people are bad. many white people died saving blacks before the civil war trying to get them to the north and many more died during the war.

The civil war was not about slavery at all. It was about the south breaking from the union, and Lincoln wanting it to be reunited.

Lincoln hated black people very much. He could care less if they were slaves or not. The only reason why he wanted them freed is because he realized that he needed the black's help if he was going to win the war. If the South had slaves, they would be too powerful and win the war.

After he won the war, Lincoln planned to send all black people back to Africa. That's why the country of Liberia was formed, which was an American colony in Africa. Look at Liberia's flag:

Look similar to the American flag?

The name "Liberia" is even a play off of "Liberty" which means "Free". That's where Lincoln intended to send all the freed slaves to, because he wanted them out of this country.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything." - Abraham Lincoln

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Agent39]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent39

Oh I'm sorry let me now revise everything I have said due to this enlightening info you have posted.

It's OK to shoot someone 13 times because as long as you shoot both black and white people 13 times it's OK.

One thing I will say is back then I'm sure the white people got at least an adequate trial before sentence.

And a for the photo with no clan members..........ya right!! you know those hoods come of right? it's not polite to wear them in front of the ladies.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It's OK to shoot someone 13 times because as long as you shoot both black and white people 13 times it's OK.

Well, if they just got done murdering a man and raping his girlfriend, then yes.

And I'm all for bringing back lynching. Let's do it right in town square, and make the whole public watch it happen. That would be a good crime deterrent, make people not want to go out and murder and rape, if they see in gruesome detail what will happen to them if they do.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Agent39]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent39

I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.

Well 150 years later history has certainly proven him wrong, huh!

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent39

I understand that.

But just because Lincoln didn't like black people does not change the fact that many white people died trying to save black slaves in those times.

And slaver is not gone from US it's even more wide spread than it ever was before. Now anyone of any color and be chained an put to work......if they are not shot 13 times that is.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think you are saying that being Black has nothing to do with not being able to be successfully and law abiding.....right?

Well I think that due to the fact that the US now has a Black president is testimony to what you say.

Yes... selling your soul to the devil is now available to all races and both genders.

These silly black / white debates serve really no purpose and will always come down to a matter of perspective depending on the environment you grew up in. So it's as the saying goes, opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one. It's always easy for someone to say to have no empathy for that which they do not understand and for someone to play the victim and the balance normally lies somewhere in the middle.

I personally believe more than skin color it has more to do with where this kid and this neighborhood were on the social ladder defined by their financial situation.

That being said, if the kid in the car tried to run the cops over, game over. Cops have every right to shoot. Aside from that, given the economic reality of this neighborhood, had the people been white, I really think the same outcome would be entirely possible.

Regardless of skin color, if you live in poverty in a country where the wealthy elite can f* the entire working class in the bum and then get bailout money for it while you can no longer afford to eat, you are going to have a lot pissed off people that are white, black, and every shade of pigment in between.

These riots are worldwide and are the beginning of the pot boiling over. I am pretty sure the people rioting in Greece are white.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent39And I'm all for bringing back lynching. Let's do it right in town square, and make the whole public watch it happen. That would be a good crime deterrent, make people not want to go out and murder and rape, if they see in gruesome detail what will happen to them if they do.

This reminds me of a capitol murder case here in Atlanta (finished last week).

Brian Nichols was on trial for raping his girlfriend. He breaks loose from the holding cell, gets a gun, and goes to the courtroom that was trying his case. He shoots the judge and court reporter to death in front of full courtroom. Then he shoots another guard, and later a federal officer.

NO DOUBT he was guilty. Yet he almost bankrupts the City of Atlanta's legal defense fund because it took 3 years to go to trial and his one case ate up the free legal defense budget. The jury was hung on the death penalty, and he got life in prison.

Oh, and while awaiting trial he tried to break out AGAIN! And he told others his only mistake the first time (killing 4 people) was that he didn't shoot the prosecutor too! This scum wasted millions of dollars and took 3 years to go to trial. What was his defense? Oh...he was having psychotic dellussions and thought he was being held as a slave, therefore he had to execute the slave masters!

Yeah that was his story. The fact he had several taped phone conversations saying "nahhh...i ain't crazy" and then saying "well if get tried by a federal jury, for shooting the fed cop, the jury pool will be different. Won't be the same with a bunch of crackers". Yeah a crazy person? Hallucinating? Trauma from slavery?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent39

Well, if they just got done murdering a man and raping his girlfriend, then yes.

And I'm all for bringing back lynching. Let's do it right in town square, and make the whole public watch it happen. That would be a good crime deterrent, make people not want to go out and murder and rape, if they see in gruesome detail what will happen to them if they do.

Don't worry The US is going to give you everything you are asking for but on a much more "industrial" level.

You wont even have to get your hands dirty because foreigners will do the killing of people for you in detention facilities.

Cops and the military will round every boogie man bad guy up for you. Right after you all are disarmed. and you will never, ever have to see those bad men again little Timmy.

You can stop asking for it, for it is all ready upon you. Thats what I'm trying to tell you but your blood lust is insatiable.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Now anyone of any color and be chained an put to work......if they are not shot 13 times that is.

What? It was ALWAYS like this. Throughout history. The majority have to WORK to survive. It has only been recently that people started thinking working to survive is somehow a violation of their rights. In large part that is because they see others that DON'T WORK getting things for free.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent39

I love how you just assume because that MOB MENTALITY thought those folks had raped and killed some people that they ACTUALLY did it.

Where was the due process? Where was the trial?

You disgust me.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Now anyone of any color and be chained an put to work......if they are not shot 13 times that is.

What? It was ALWAYS like this. Throughout history. The majority have to WORK to survive. It has only been recently that people started thinking working to survive is somehow a violation of their rights. In large part that is because they see others that DON'T WORK getting things for free.

What? You really think that the majority always had to work to survive?

Perhaps you should do some research when you have a conviction, before posting it...

History of the Work Ethic

From a historical perspective, the cultural norm placing a positive moral value on doing a good job because work has intrinsic value for its own sake was a relatively recent development (Lipset, 1990). Work, for much of the ancient history of the human race, has been hard and degrading. Working hard--in the absence of compulsion--was not the norm for Hebrew, classical, or medieval cultures (Rose, 1985). It was not until the Protestant Reformation that physical labor became culturally acceptable for all persons, even the wealthy.

All the way back to Greece...

Braude (1975) described the Greek belief that a person's prudence, morality, and wisdom was directly proportional to the amount of leisure time that person had. A person who worked, when there was no need to do so, would run the risk of obliterating the distinction between slave and master. Leadership, in the Greek state and culture, was based on the work a person didn't have to do, and any person who broke this cultural norm was acting to subvert the state itself.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well I'm saddened that you think being but in chains and made to work for 25 cents a day against your will is a respectable employment opportunity.

but just to let you know it is against the law in the US to work for survival if it is not threw prison, a licensed employer or a heavily taxed license business of your own.

If you don't believe me try selling something in the street. Try going off to the hills and planting a farm. try opening up a hair cut place in your house. Try it and you might get that job position you are hoping for.

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Izarith]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Perhaps you should do some research when you have a conviction, before posting it...

You think the majority did NOT have to work? They just sat around and collected a gov check? And 10% of the population actually grew food, built stuff, and managed all the tasks needed for survival of the community?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hello Hunka,

Nice post

A person needs time to think, leisure is a commodity that only a free people enjoy.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You think the majority did NOT have to work? They just sat around and collected a gov check? And 10% of the population actually grew food, built stuff, and managed all the tasks needed for survival of the community?

Exactly.

Take the Cherokee for example.

But here is some more for ya...

The History of Laziness

The ancient world had a whole different perspective. Idleness was highly valued among the great philosophers. They thought that hard work blunts your spirit. Diogenes of Sinope perfected the art of laziness. Alexander the Great once asked him, if he could do him any favor. Instead of asking for money, Diogenes replied: “Yes. Stand out of my my sunlight!” Even the slaves in ancient Rome never had to work more than six or seven hours a day.

What references are you using to support your points?

[edit on 21-12-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Braude (1975) described the Greek belief that a person's prudence, morality, and wisdom was directly proportional to the amount of leisure time that person had. A person who worked, when there was no need to do so, would run the risk of obliterating the distinction between slave and master. Leadership, in the Greek state and culture, was based on the work a person didn't have to do, and any person who broke this cultural norm was acting to subvert the state itself.

Most Ancient Greeks were farmers - life was difficult and unpredictable. The myths gave meaning to natural disasters and helped answer questions about how crops grew etc. The myths involved the gods helping the hero to succeed in a task.
www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk...

Nine out of ten ancient Greeks were rural people. The majority were farmers.
www.hoover.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Agent39

I love how you just assume because that MOB MENTALITY thought those folks had raped and killed some people that they ACTUALLY did it.

Where was the due process? Where was the trial?

So you're saying that in the case I posted, those two black men didn't rape and kill, even though their best friend who was with them, and also black, ratted them out as a witness?

A witness to the crime by someone they know is not enough evidence now?

What are you going to say now? That the only reason they were hung is because they were black and the evil racists wanted to pin it on a black men?

So who killed the man and raped his girlfriend then, the ghost of christmas past?

Get real.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join