It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick story I'd like to share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This happened to a co-worker of a friend of mine. It's a true story, and I have no reason to believe that it would be told to me falsely. Please, do not post negative things, if you don't have something nice to add to this discussion, please take it elsewhere.

So my friend's co-worker comes home one day after a long day of work. She has a few kids, and she tells them to leave her alone for awhile, and that she is going to take a nap, and not to bother her for an hour unless there is blood involved or the house is burning down. So a few minutes after she lays down, she feels breathing on the back of her neck, so she turns around and it is her youngest daughter. Her daughter says "Mommy, a bird flew into the window and now it's on the ground and it's not moving." So she tells her young daughter that the bird is probably just asleep. She tells her that if she wants she can put a little bowl of water and a cracker down next to the bird, and if the bird hasn't gotten up and flown away by the time her nap is up, she will go and fix the bird.

So a few minutes after that, the daughter comes back. She tells her mom that the bird has not flown away, and that shes really worried about it. So the lady, who knows that the bird is probably dead, tells her daughter to go in her room, and pray for the bird, and to come get her when the hour is up. So the daughter goes into her room and prays like she is told.

So she goes back to sleep, and the daughter comes back at the end of the hour and takes her mom outside to where the bird is. The cracker and water is still there, and the bird is still motionless. Just when the mother is thinking about how to tell her daughter that the bird has died, it gets up, shakes its feathers and flies away. The bird could have gotten up and flown away at anytime during that hour, but it got up at that specific time. Some may call it a coincidence, but I think it goes beyond that.

Thoughts or comments?

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

What a beautiful story. And a child shall lead them. I believe we truly do not KNOW the awesome power of prayer and a faith such as that of a child.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If we could all be children with it's innocents and wonder the world would be a better place. But we grow up and lose that innocents and the faith in some fade away. I'm not a religious person so maybe the bird heard the footsteps of the mother & daughter and knew it had to get up and get out of there. But maybe the prayer worked. I don't know. Why would a bird come back but not a prayer for a human to come back? Why do children suffer and die at the hands of evil when God is there for them? I don't know the answers so it was probably coincidence.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Lol I am Christian and I don't want to post negative thoughts. But before I post faith things. I like to point out that this sounds like one of those stories trying to prove God and the power of Prayer. What mother actually knows a bird is in her house that can get her kids sick. Or harm her kids. And does not make share her kids are ok??????

Otherwise this can only be a story to show you their is a God. And that the power of Prayer is strong.

I learned from a young and middle age, that power of Prayer can be so great. In fact I swear that you should watch what you ask for in prayer. Because in prayer you can get what you actually ask for!!!!

top topics

join