It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 signs that aliens might exist (but not in our solar system)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Seth Shostak who represents SETI has come up again with bunch of severely restricted speculations that is sold to the public as a scientifically cooked up theory. Once again, Shostak tries to convince the public that a search for cosmic civilizations that maybe some two million years ahead in evolutionary, cultural, and technological development doesn't require a comparable technological means that are at disposal to such cosmic civilizations. Shostak keeps pricking his ears like a 15th century alchemist who didn't have the slightest idea that cell phones are handy gadgets taking care of a communication between two distant points.

According to Shostak, the communication technology will always depend on EMR even though fiber optics is already around to ponder the other options. Take away the fiber, and the SETI radio telescopes becomes an obsolete instrument of detection.

We have learned most of the scientific methods from observing the nature, but very advanced cosmic civilizations do not behave like the nature. This method of investigation is not exactly the right tool to chose. There are math problems that algebra cannot solve, as much as present scientific methods cannot solve the question of the existence of an advanced ET civilizations dwelling in our solar system in order to study primitive intelligent life forms that call themselves Homo sapiens.

Here is a notable quote from Seth Shostak:

"If we are the only intelligent beings in the galaxy, or for that matter in the universe, then we are truly a miracle."

If Nature is responsible for phenomena, then who is responsible for a miracle?
Take a wild guess . . .

[edit on 12/17/2008 by stander]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Erm...

sorry if I'm being incredibly stupid, but what are these '6 signs'? I can't seem to dissect them from the rest of the post.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I dont get it...I just read through your whole post and cant locate the 6 signs mentioned in your title. Also I dont understand the meaning or the motives behind your post.

Do you think SETI is a waste of money or is it personal grudge towards Seth Shostak?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm confused like everybody else in this thread umm what are the signs.

Its common place that aliens might exist anywhere really, we have no knowledge of what aliens could be like, for all we know they might not need anything on earth or might be invisible to us and could be life forms based on infrared light or something else humans can't see. They same could be said for animals and they might see aliens or other creatures and how they take off when humans have no clue that something is about to happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfisolated
Erm...

sorry if I'm being incredibly stupid, but what are these '6 signs'? I can't seem to dissect them from the rest of the post.

Sorry, I forgot to provide the link for the article. Just scroll up again to click on it.

top topics

join