It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 - Pentagon question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi,

Firstly, I'm a n00b and haven't a clue if this line of questioning has been done to death. If so, my apologies

I was reading a few articles the other day about the unanswered questions about what actually struck the Pentagon on 9/11. Anyway, ignoring all the speculation about the size of the hole in the wall and the amount of damage an 80 ton aircraft will do, I've never heard anyone actually question the location of the impact!

Firstly, assume it was an aircraft the size of an airliner, piloted by a human...
If a pilot wanted to cause maximum damage to a building as large as the Pentagon and seemingly had the skill to fly a plane into it, why didn't he hit the top portion of one of the walls or even the roof area??? Wouldn't hitting the roof of the Pentagon with an aircraft that size have done an incredible amount of damage in comparison?? It would surely have taken a lot less skill, as the surface area of the roof is huge. So, why did this pilot pick the lower part of the outside wall? Isn't that going to be the strongest part of the structure, the most reinforced?

Ok, now assume for the sake of argument that the building was hit by a missile fired by some organisation in the US, belonging to the US Government...
You want to damage the Pentagon, but not terminally as with the WTC buildings. After all, it is the CIA. So, you pick the strongest spot which is going to cause the least loss of life and least amount of damage, but which is still severe enough to cause outrage. You obviously don't want to put the CIA out of business, merely gain more public support bearing in mind what the CIA is supposed to mean to US security. So, what part of the Pentagon building do you fire a missile at? Yep, the spot it actually hit.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I dunno. Piloting an airbus and planting it within feet is pretty difficult. Also, for the straight shot at the roof, the pilot would have to go into a vertical nose dive, or at least more of an angle then the 15 degrees we're used to. This would have caused panic and falling people, including the terrorists. If the people all found themselves in the cockpit because of the dive, they may have tried to stop the attempt.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
welcome aboard,

you're right, this has been discussed numerous times.

I personally believe that it was a plane that hit, why it hit where it did, who knows, there are several things to consider, were the passengers fighting off the attackers, was there other commotion in the cockpit, was the plane being piloted by one of the hi-jackers and they were not well trained enough... who knows ?

by the way, use the seach function located at the top of the page and you'll find lots of good discussion on this topic.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well, speaking on the part about a human flying it. The terrorists weren't that great of pilots, so they either 1) didn't think about hitting the top or 2) had went down too far and couldn't pull back up in time to hit the top, whatever their intentions may have been. As for a missle, if it wasn't a US missle, it could of had a weak precison guidance system or cooridinates a little off, or some factor making it a couple feet off.

Edit: Along with what elevatedone said, passengers could of been making a distraction to the plane. I myself highly doubt anything but a plane hit the Pentagon.

[Edited on 5-4-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The reason that they hit low was so that they could have the upper levels collapse onto the lower ones and cause further damage.

Crashing a plane into the top of that building would not have done as much damage, though depending on how they hit it there could have been more damage.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Got held up with a discussion with the boss but to expand on elevatedone's reply, here are some threads from the search on REQ 9/11 REQ pentagon REQ plane:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the CIA is based in Langley, Virginia. DOD is at the Pentagon.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
Ok, now assume for the sake of argument that the building was hit by a missile fired by some organisation in the US, belonging to the US Government...
You want to damage the Pentagon, but not terminally as with the WTC buildings. After all, it is the CIA. So, you pick the strongest spot which is going to cause the least loss of life and least amount of damage, but which is still severe enough to cause outrage. You obviously don't want to put the CIA out of business, merely gain more public support bearing in mind what the CIA is supposed to mean to US security. So, what part of the Pentagon building do you fire a missile at? Yep, the spot it actually hit.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers,
Grey Pilgrim.

It was not at all a missle or rocket. If so, then how did all the passenger's bodies and the plane wreckage get inside the Pentagon?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Sorry Grey_Pilgrim but this has been covered before
so I'm going to have to Lock this thread.

Here is a referance for all ATS 9/11 information, I hope this helps:

Peace

DJDOHBOY

join