It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Led Zepplin Devil Worship Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You Tube of Reverse Stairway to Heaven
Stairway to Heaven reverse speech

The reverse language is pretty clear with satanic references.
Well ... as clear as reverse language can be.
It could just be a matter of hearing what you want to hear in it.
But .... it could be there.
I'm not a big believer in reverse language meaning anything.
But it's creeeeeepy as hell to listen to!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFanThere is an urban legend about Led Zepplin.
Well … supposedly an urban legend.

I always heard that stuff about Zep...I think some of that imagery turns up on The Song Remains the Same. I also heard stuff about Plant's child, who died, having been offered up by Page as a sacrifice, but I always thought that was just the worst excess of R&R gossip/bs.

I only offer it up as an artifact of the day. Cool thread Flyers Fan...knew we had to agree on something

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Plant's son died of an intestinal infection at home while the band was on tour. The song "All of my love" is a tribute.

[edit on 16-12-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Good to know. That's why I had the question mark. I wasn't sure.

I'm searching for a listing of Jimmy Pages Crowleyana items but can't find one. There are numerous mentions of page purchasing the home of Crowley and of him purchasing his clothing and wearing it. Even that long black robe.

But I can't find any list of what this 'most significant Crowley collection in private hands' consists of.

I don't know if that's legend or true.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is true but I don't think he ever released the list. I wouldn't want to; I would personally be afraid that it would invite robberies.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Read here

This is REALLY interesting. This was written by a reporter who traveled with Led Zepplin during their last American tour. He repeats - word for word - his conversations with Jimmy Page, as well as observations of the band's behavior.

Major drinking. Cussing all over the place. Forgotten lyrics.
Talk of the tour being 'tragic'. (nowadays it was called 'cursed').

Nothing about satanism or anything like that.
It doesn't mean there wasn't any.
But this person traveled with the band.
It's a good window into what was going on with the band at the time.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Three more items of interest

Page owened, for a time, a book store in Londen called "Equinox" which was dedicated to the selling of occult books.

There is also "The Object" that shows up on the "Presence" album:

There are three explanations of this:
1. It is an artistic representation of the 2001 monoliths
2. It is a play on the way the object is completely black, yet looks 3d
3. It's a phallic symbol.

The Houses of the Holy cover:

Sometimes said to represent a sacrifice, or something. The band has stated that it is supposed to represent the end of the novel "Childhood's End" by Arthur C. Clark.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That is really sad

By then they had fallen apart, too much herion and booze.

Another one of them surely would have died soon if Bonham hadn't.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
John Paul Jones symbol -

Reminds me of the symbol used on the TV show Charmed -

I know Charmed is make believe, but they did use some wiccan symbology and props in the show.

The Charmed symbol in Pagan/Wiccan/Goddess Symbolism symbolizes life, death, and rebirth and the three forces of nature: earth, air, and water. Its' also symbolic of the 3 wiccan Goddesses - the Maiden, Mother and Crone. The inner three circles represent the female element and fertility.

I don't know if John Paul Jones was thinking of those things when he picked his symbol.

Edited - for some reason John Paul Jones symbol is being locked out.
It is the second one on this picture - (which, as previously stated, is Icarus)

[edit on 12/16/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Hi, FlyersFan. Great thread, I enjoy this type of stuff, too.

I read the whole thread (some great responses, people!), and noticed that no one has pointed out that 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law' actually referred to the philosphy of Thelema, not Satanism. It's a philosophy that was first mentioned by Francois Rabelais in 1532 in Gargantua and Pantagruel ...

One episode of this epic adventure tells of the founding of an “Abbey of Thelema” as an institution for the cultivation of human virtues, which Rabelais identified as being squarely opposite the prevailing Christian proprieties of the time. The sole rule of the Abbey of Thelema was: “Do what thou wilt”. This has become one of the basic tenets of Thelemic philosophy today.

Thelema 101

The site I just linked also covers Crowley, and his work writing The Book of Law while in a trance. Check it out if you're interested.

Once again, great thread, FlyersFan! I'm a big Zep fan.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Batmanatee

I've heard somebody trying to explain that "Do what thou wilt" actually means if everyone follows their god-given destiny, things run like clockwork, but people tend to convalute that into "Do whatever the hell you want." But I really do not know the finer details of Thelema or Crowley's writings so I didn't want to elaborate.

I think there's an interview with Page giving a half-baked funny explanation of that, too.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

JPJ's use of that symbol (I think it is called a Triqetra?) predated Charmed by 40 years...

I remember that I used to have a Bible with that on the front. Ironic, eh?

As long as we're on symbols again, regarding an explanation for ZOSO:

# It is not a stylizied "666".
# The closest thing to an explanation from the man himself came on his November 1994 appearance on "Denton" with Plant. At the end of their interview a member of the studio audience yelled "What's your symbol mean Jimmy?" After some confusion as to what was being yelled, understanding dawned on Plant's face and he replied "Frying tonight". Page did not elaborate further.
# It most likely has absoluely nothing to do with Curious George The Monkey, known as Zoso, a character in English children's books.
Emphasis added.

My favorite bit of Zeppelin urban legends, right there.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay
[the devil, satan, lucifer, etc., is simply thanking that entity for coming to the aid of our civilization.]

How can trust or belief in Satan, Lucifer, The Devil, be good for society?

How do you mean by that? My understanding of Satanism is that one is 'Free to do what they want, because it is their own will' Is this right? Is this the nature of Satanism? As I said in earlier threads about Satanism... How can one not see where beliefs in Satanism lead to?

I don't care if you are a good person, someone will twist Satanism to fit their perverse goals, just as Christianity, Islam and Judaism were twisted to justify horrible atrocities or crimes.

Why is knowledge or the 'light' associated with Satanism? Does it have to be? Would God strike me down dead if I tried to learn

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well Crowley wasn't a Satan worshiper. So if that was the limit of Page's forays into the occult then I doubt he was a Satan worshiper either.

Here's the main reason Crowley get's accused of Satanism(in my opinion):

It is believed he helped Levay write the Satanic Bible of the American Church of Satan. This is somewhat accecpted because the basis of the Church of Satan is "Do what thou wilt". In addition much of the book reads like somethine Crowley would have written.

However even if he wrote the entire Satanic Bible he still can't be called a Satanist because the Chuch of Satan worships man and denies the existance of God AND Satan.

Whatever happened to Cug and that other user... Queeniesomething?

They are the Gurus on this subject if my memory serves.

Vas

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

Hi Vasilis,

I'm not sure Crowley actually helped Levay write the Satanic bible, since Aleister died in 1947, and Levay was born in 1930, so he would have had to have helped Levay in his teens, and Levay wrote the Satanic bible in 1969. But I'm sure he was definitely influenced by Crowley's writings (given the church's philosophy of 'do as thou wilt', like you stated), as well as Ayn Rand, Ragnar Redbeard and Nietzsche. In fact, Levay stated his religion was

“just Ayn Rand’s philosophy, with ceremony and ritual added"

Anton Levay

I'm sorry the link is just to Wiki, (I don't always trust Wiki, like a lot of people), but I'd also love to hear from the members you mentioned in your post. It's an incredibly interesting topic. Maybe Crowley helped Levay write the Satanic bible in the same way that Aiwass dictated the Book of Law to Crowley whilst a trance.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I stand corrected.

I have read the Satanic Bible but do not own one and in truth have never studied Levay. I HAVE studied Crowley and must have gotten misinformation by word of mouth.

My apologies.

Vas

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No need for apologies, none at all. This is exactly what ATS is for, in my opinion. Because of your post, I had an urge to go looking for more info. I now know more about Levay and Crowley than I did previously, and because of the OP, I'm going to search for even more info on the great Jimmy Page's fascination with the works of Crowley. EXACTLY the point of ATS, I reckon!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Batmanatee

No need for apologies, none at all. This is exactly what ATS is for, in my opinion. Because of your post, I had an urge to go looking for more info. I now know more about Levay and Crowley than I did previously, and because of the OP, I'm going to search for even more info on the great Jimmy Page's fascination with the works of Crowley. EXACTLY the point of ATS, I reckon!

I don't think he really talked about it much. I remember a lot of quotes to the effect of asking people to focus on the music.

By the way here's what I was talking about.

Page:

Dr. Kaku:

I cannot beleive how simmilar they look.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

That's perfectly understandable, it's damn fine music. Oh well. I'll just keep an eye out anyway. I can understand Jimmy wanting to keep his private life private, at any rate.

And that photo is freaky! Someone should hand the good doctor a Les Paul and see if he can rip out a riff or two of 'Black Dog'.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Batmanatee

I think Dr. Kaku is quite busy with his own strings.

I will see if I can did up some of Page's quotes for you, I know i've read them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join